Jesus Christ

>thought the fags saying "le iron man 1 is kino" were just meming

>watch it

>it's actually fucking great

Why does this feel so different than other capeshit flicks? Is it because it's the most "realistic"?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bseO_laCoXg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was made before Disney bought Marvel.

It's not great, it's just ok. You're a brainlet.

1. great character development
2. the entire movie is not a set up for an avengers film technically it is, but it's not as evident as Thor 1 or Cap 1
3. Iron Man kills
4. Jeff Bridges
5. no Disney, no cancer

Lol I have a triple digit iq dumbfuck.

This
There was no formula yet, actual passion and genuineness
RDJ ad-libbing most of his stuff too

Because it was last effort of Marvel.

I don't believe this. Disney's not dumb enough to meddle with film production like WarnerCucks so I think they just let marvel do whatever they think is best. It's not like marvel was completely taken over and changed when they were bought out.

>Disney's not dumb enough to meddle with film production
lol

You have to remember that there were a lot of bad cape movies back in a day and Marvel put effort into making something distinguishable. It's not like they can put whatever they want and still make money like nowadays.

It was before Disney bought Marvel.
Incredible Hulk was also Marvel Studio's.

When Disney bought Marvel, the genre died. Feige is a cancerous extremely sly businessman. He and his Disney bosses have exploited Marvel like a coal mine to its very depletion.

Marvel films post Disney are good though.

They've been almost exclusively trash with some odd fluke. Avengers killed any chance of MCU being good. The template was set on a Whedon baseline.

BOX

This was RDJ's biggest role post-rehab, so he was genuinely trying.

It doesn't feel like they were following a recipe. They just ad libbed and improvised their way to a genuine feeling movie.
The rest of the MCU feels like an attempt to recreate Iron Man without the sponteneity(sp?) behind it.

>winter soldier
>trash

fuck off DCuck, go watch JUSTice league 6 more times to help it become profitable

They could play almost everything straight because the idea of a guy building a robot suit is believable
They didn't have a goofy villain with some tragic backstory that has some insane power but a believable character who acts like a human being instead of a caricature
This all means they could play the entire movie straight, instead of other comic movies where the source material is a bit too goofy to adapt

Winter Soldier was fine until it remembered it was a Marvel capeshit halfway through. Ending sucks. Zero sense of conclusion. Just more sequel bait on already a sequel. Time to look past corporate fanboyism there faggot. Your MCU is shit. Disney is shit.

Hulk - shit
Iron man - great
Iron man 2 - ok
Iron man 3 - shit
Thor - ok
Thor 2 - ok
Thor 3 - great
Cap 1 - ok
Cap 2 - great
Cap 3 - ok
Avengers - great
Avengers 2 - ok
Dr strange - great
Guardians - great
Guardians 2 - ok
Ant man - great
Spider Homecoming - great

So far, the MCU has been decent ( leaning towards average). To call it shit would be untrue because only two films were truly shit.

>Iron man 2 - ok
>Iron man 3 - shit
Iron Man 3 was slightly better than 2nd.

Yeah maybe but I'm still salty they faked the mandarin from being the real villain and replaced him with some glowing extremis cuck

>iron man 2 is ok but 3 is shit
>cap 3 only ok
get the fuck out of here

homecoming and ant-man need downgraded. Civil war needs a bump, switch iron man 2 and 3 although Rockwell was pretty good fun.

>more like
Hulk - shit
Iron Man - good
Iron Man 2 - shit
Iron Man 3 - good
Thor - shit
Thor 2 - shit
Thor 3 - good
Cap 1 - ok
Cap 2 - good
Cap 3 - ok
Avengers - ok
Avengers 2 - ok
GoTG - great
GoTG 2 - great
Ant-Man - good
Spider Man - ok

i agree but in the end it's still better one. 2nd one felt without any depth.

It's not great, faggot, it's just barelly better than the other ones.

>GoTG - great
>GoTG 2 - great
I never seen GoTG. Is it worth?

>I have a triple digit iq

I always forget the part about Jeff Bridges being the villain.

can underage shitters fuck off?
no capeshit was never good, not even when you were 12

All these.
Because it was the first, every effort was put into it from every single corner of production. From the actors to the best boys. After Disney got involved, everything was controlled and felt part of a grand plan, which limited the creativity of the talented artists forging the mould.

> I'm still salty they faked the mandarin
Opinion discarded.

as much as any of this shit is worth it, yeah

>those digits
i'm going to trust in you, mr. trips.

If you like your capeshit movies to be as detached from reality as possible, then yes
Really I can only enjoy either grounded street level or completely batshit space/magic stuff, so I really like the direction in which mcu is going right now

As someone who hates most of the MCU, I actually love GotG because it feels more like a space opera/ sci-fi comedy rather than just superhero + quips.

>Spider Homecoming - great
Everyone seems to be effusive with praise for this schlock. What makes it so great?

I always thought Jebediah was Bull from Night Court.

>this may may again

before the MCU comic books movies were almost uniformly dogshit outside of the occasional decent director like Nolan, Donner, or Burton getting involved

Civil War was a big letdown, same as Age of Ultron, and I was hyped for both.

>What makes it so great?
Holland's characterization of Peter Parker is on point.

Agree with everything except:
Iron Man 3 was ok
Dr. Strange was shit
Spiderman Homecoming was ok

>Dr. Strange was shit
it wasnt.

He fought real bad guys like terrorists. Now Its all just alien lizard men

>001

>When Disney bought Marvel, the genre died.
You do realize that in reality the exact opposite happened and the MCU's success along with TDK trilogy created a much larger market for capeshit which has resulted in where we are now with capeshit dominating Hollywood.

contrarianism is a helluva drug

>That pic
>Sup Forums using 'diversity' as an argument
Wew

it has great moments ruined by quips but other than that it's fun to watch

>retard thinks diversity means just skin color and sex

>Ironman Homecucking - great
Yeah go kill yourself

Fake mandarin was the best part of the movie, the thing that made it fall apart was all the iron man suits at the end plus the action at the end which was tensionless trash

They turned him into an incompetent Ironman to fit their universe. They actually made Spiderman shit to not outshine the shitfest their franchise has become

>It's allowed to mean anything but color and sex
Go fuck off.

RDJ was winging it, his quips were real and kino
no one can dislike this movie

Guardians 2 has the greatest stan lee cameo of all time, also his first double cameo as far as I know.

It felt like RDJ was actually attempting to act well, and he nailed Stark

Terrence Howard, although a douche IRL, was better than Don Cheadle

Iron Man is the ideal hero to be grounded in a more "Realistic" setting like you mentioned.

>mfw literally the entire MCU is a cashgrab on this one flick's success

I never said you fucking Disney cock gurbler. When talking about diversity here, it's clearly not about niggers. It's about stories and character. It's all the same formula nowadays.

What did he do? I forgot his cameo in that one

>his quips were real and kino
Kill yourself, you fucking monkey

Has RDJ really changed that much ? I feel like he stayed the same through all movies.

And it wasn't even made by Disney. Their entire resting pillar wasn't even their own.

It was him talking to his own self insert character from the comics, The Watcher (actually a couple of them, but close enough).

looks like I triggered an autist nerve

It's the only MCU movies I get excited for these days.

Hes gotten more dour and more assholeish as the movies carry on. I HATED him in Spiderman, he was a fucking hypocrite.

because it has colours, unlike every marvel movie nowadays that looks grey

He lost most of his original personality (or rather just a shell of it), and clearly just follows the script

I can't tell if its the writers or just his lack of interest

>fake mandarin was good

Nigga are you delusional

fake mandarin is a funny gag

the problem is that the act Ben Kingsley was putting on was a an infinitely more compelling villain than Guy Pearce playing yet another corporate CEO in a suit

>3. Iron Man kills
He kills in Iron Man 3 as well, y'know.
He just doesn't fight human targets very often.

>Nolan
>decent director
leave

Generic terrorist isn't much better than generic evil CEO

First GOTG is Kino
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bseO_laCoXg

>the problem is that the act Ben Kingsley was putting on was a an infinitely more compelling villain than Guy Pearce playing yet another corporate CEO in a suit

But this is exactly the point Shane Black was trying to get across and I'm honestly surprised they let him do that

>autist
Not really, I only hate meme spouting retards like you with not one original thought in their body.

why didn't he just grab her quickly and put her in the pot

Shane Black was too smart for the MCU kiddy audience.

Iron Man came out before The Incredible Hulk.

And the point of doing that is?

This is the actual list brainlets
Ingredible Hulk - good
Iron Man - great
Iron Man 2 - good
Iron Man 3 - shit
Thor - meh
Thor 2 - meh
Cap 1 - good
Cap 2 - meh
Cap 3 - shit
Avengers - great
Avengers 2 - meh
GoTG - good
GoTG 2 - good
Ant-Man - meh
Spider Man - good

how's that better than just having a compelling villain?

they didnt believe this movie would be the massive hit that it was and most of the budget was spent on special effects. the actors in the movie were allowed to adlib most lines since they had no key points to hit other than to get iron man to fight the bad guy at the end.
the characters seemed to be naturally getting along, since they really were and the special effects worked so it all gelled together.

can not say the same for part 2 or 3

It brings a little bit of freshness ?

it was another time, marvel was relying on Ultimates volume 1 and it was a time that still had intelligent life in Marvel comics and they
Favreau had the worst ideas and the MC staff helped him make the right decisions in script

i think shane black just gets off on alternating between defying and satisfying expectation

It was before they forced the same style over and over. Of the marvel films.

Ingredible Hulk - meh
Iron Man - great
Iron Man 2 - good
Iron Man 3 - shit
Thor - meh
Thor 2 - meh
Thor 3 - Good
Cap 1 - good
Cap 2 - great
Cap 3 - shit
Avengers - great
Avengers 2 - meh
GoTG - good
GoTG 2 - good
Ant-Man - good
Spider Man - okay
Thor 3 - Good

Message of Iron Man: Doing good in the world is a genuinely worthwhile pursuit and more rewarding than a shallow lifestyle of drinking and fucking

Message of Infinity Wars: STOP THANOS FROM COLLECTING THE RAINBOW ROCKS LMAO

>Why does this feel so different than other capeshit flicks?
No bloat.
Just a nice simple self contained story.

This and

Are the only two objectively true rankings. Anyone who thinks Cap 1 is better than 2 or that Iron man 3 is actually a good film is unironically a brainlet.

God damn you are old (I am too).

It was the last movie Favreu had total control over. They castrated him from Iron Man 2 and beyond, letting Qhuipdon take over.

Is this a meme? 100 IQ is pretty average

Thor 1 and 2 I remembered being good, but going back and watching them now, Natalie Portman's storyline really ruins them.

100 iq is literally average

Not really, someone with a 100 iq can become quite successful if they put in work

it was great because there were stakes, nowadays you know everything is going to be fine because every movie is a lead up to another movie with the same characters