Okay Sup Forums, so despite being a huge fan of both of these shows, I actually haven't watched Star Vs...

Okay Sup Forums, so despite being a huge fan of both of these shows, I actually haven't watched Star Vs. or SU in almost an entire year.(the reason is very complicated, so I won't go into that) As a result of this, I haven't watched anything beyond Season 2 of SU(last episode I saw was Log Date 7 15 2) or any of the second season of Star Vs., because both of these only aired new episodes after I was unable to watch them.

Which brings me to my question, which one should I watch first? Unfortunately, Sup Forums has spoiled some things for me regarding both shows,(I'll get more specific in the next post) but nevertheless I'll still enjoy them.

TL;DR: I can't decide if I should start watching a years worth of SVTFOE or SU first, which one?

SVTFOE. Definitely.

I've begun watching it as well (I'm just short of finishing season 2) and it pays off better than SU. The characters are better written; the lore-centric episodes and daily shenanigans episodes are well balanced; and while S2 starts off slow, it REALLY comes into its own midway.

That said, I hope you like Suffering. pic related

It's kind of frustrating to read that you have the time to browse Sup Forums and be spoiled all this time but you didn't set the time to just watch the show and catch up.

both are on hiatus, but catching up with Star Vs. would take a shorter amount of time.

SU hasn't finished its current season yet, so you can probably take your time with that. It won't have the final episodes for a month at least.

So to anyone curious, Sup Forums has spoiled the following for me on each show:

Steven Universe:
>Malachite comes back and unfuses
>Lapis joins the team
>Jasper gets corrupted
>Andy Brutananadilewski
>Greg becomes rich
>Centipeedle comes back at least once
>Living pumpkin
>They go to space
>Human zoo
>Holly Blue, Skinny Jasper, and the other gems
>Blue and Pink Diamond
>More that isn't coming to mind or isn't significant enough
(You spoiled a LOT for me, I'm an understanding and calm person, but you really should keep things to one topic and stop ticking everyone else off with your constant topic spam when new episodes come up, you're giving the show a bad name here)

Star Vs.:
>Ludo finds the other half of the wand and becomes more serious
>Toffee's real name
>Marco and Jackie start dating
>Star only realizes her feelings AFTER this happens
>A few names of new characters that mean nothing to me
>Not sure if this was fake or not, but if it isn't this is the worst one: Glossaryck's betrayal
(You were actually pretty good at keeping things contained, Sup Forums, I applaud all you fans of the show here for your thoughtful consideration, keeping it to one topic, and not putting spoilers in the OP)

Steven Universe tanks after season 2. I didn't like SVTFOE season one, but since you did you'll probably like season 2 from what I've heard. I'd go with that.

>It's kind of frustrating to read that you have the time to browse Sup Forums and be spoiled all this time but you didn't set the time to just watch the show and catch up.

Like I said, the reason behind this is EXTREMELY complicated and I don't think anyone wants me to get into that.

That's actually not a whole lot of stuff "spoiled" for Star. If you watched it there'd actually be a few important things that might surprise you if that's really all you know of this season.

>Toffee's real name

Don't remember that.

star first without a doubt, steven universe became a fucking mess:
>pushed the most hyped caracters of S1 finale resulting in bland personalities
>the existing caracters went full meme or flanderized
>tons of fillers/townies episodes
steven is more retarded than ever, the pacing of the episodes in general is just bad, even if the story it's good at the end, i'm not convinced that is enough to redeem the show at all

I guess he means the full title "Toffee of Septarsis" featured in the book.

Anyway I'd recommend Star first just because Ludo's great and I want to protect his smile.

Like I said, you were surprisingly good at keeping spoilers to a minimum, and your assurance only helps. Thanks for letting me know I'm in for a good time.

Unless he's referring to the recent book calling him Toffee of Septarsis I don't know what he's talking about.

Because it seems Toffee is his actual name, the last part's more like a surname/race/place of origin deal. Plus it's not even in the show, yet

So out of curiosity I looked up what I THOUGHT his name was, turns out it's actually the name of yet another new character that means absolutely nothing to me, so that's even better.(For anyone curious, due to an apparently badly written post, I thought his name was "Rasticore". Yes, I know that was stupid of me, but honestly why would I google something I don't want spoiled? Feel free to berate me anyway, I deserve it.)

Well, from what I'm seeing here, it's pretty clear I should start with Star Vs., although if anyone wants to still make a point for SU, be my guest, I can obviously watch more than one show at a time, I'd just prefer not to. Thanks anons, I'm looking forward to it!

cuck commander star

Rasticore is hilarious. 10/10 villain, I highly recommend you start watching immediately and start liveblogging please

Well now I'm curious and you have to.

Is this where we are now?

no, come back

SU get's too tedious even if you're into the townie episodes, go for Star Vs since a shorter and sweeter ride

bet

also SVTFOE is soooo much better than SU it just has better characters and humor and plot and basically it's better in every way.

I think the messages / Very Special Episodes in SU are better but Star's message is pretty great