HIDDEN GEMS

what are some good movies that Sup Forums might not know about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ngs3EIBh_k
youtube.com/watch?v=c7umiaKkRnI
youtube.com/watch?v=hQvMWD-_Nfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DREAMCHILD

>Spider
A David Cronenberg hidden gem.
Ralph Fiennes is excellent as an autistic weirdo loner , it should be Sup Forumss number #1 film.

I watched this with my mom when I was young.She covered my eyes during the cheesy sex scene but I still caught some bewbage.Christopher Lambert is my nigga.

Why I've never seen this in any thread I do not know.

Pure 90s crime kino, hated by critics but loved by the audience

L'Argent
RAVENOUS
The Keep
Grave Encounters
Ali: Fear Eats the Soul
The General
Safety Last
SOCIETY

The Hot Spot (1990): Desert-noir/heist film featuring prime Jennifer Connelly and Don Johnson

>Tale of Tales
Fantasy kino

2nd best future prison movie

Best movie you'll ever see.

Best gunfight scenes since Heat.

...to Escape from NY I presume??

Lockout was quite good for some camp, dumb action. The CGI at the start though...holy fuck lol

>"hidden" gem

What did this millenial mean by this?

1000% Ultimate K I N O

Sexy Witch movies dont come better than this.

Yeah, you'd be correct. I haven't seen Lockout yet, all I know is they got sued.

go to bed Grandpa.

BRENNICK BRENNICK BRENNICK

this is a pretty fun movie

When I worked at a video store in the 90s literally every black customer would walk in, look directly at me, and yell 'BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT?' and then they would literally want me to go get it for them.

can this be considered obscure?

Check it out.

post-apocalyptic desert sword fighting movie with the swayz

Fortress 2: Re-Entry

it's a fucked up fairy tale

I promoted in cinematography threads some time ago
Really, every Stuart Gordon's movie is great in it's own way. I have no idea why he's not as talked about as John Carpenter, Sam Raimi and other cult directors

I feel like I'm the only person on Sup Forums who ever mentions this absolute gem of a film.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ngs3EIBh_k

Spader?

Is this a series of movies or one movie known by two titles?

>Vincent Cassel
Do only like two French actors actually exist?

I don't think Adrien Brody could look more Jewish than that. Holy shit that nose.

this is the Dirty Dozen but British

The Anvil Hoarder (1930)
true kino

Cyberpunk done right. Eat shit, IMDB.

It's two movies that obviously shared the poster budget.

Witchhammer

VATOS LOCOS FOREVER HOLMES

Fun fact: this film is the origin of The Grifter

Terminator, but with an evil sorcerer from the past instead of an evil robot from the future.

He's a b movie z-tier hack, that's why

Indie (actually) Lovecraftian romcom.

>Lovecraftian
>romcom
>lol tentacles
About as bad as Stuart Gordon, to be honest.

most comfy and arousing cainekino

mycocaine?

stupid comparison from another edgy fuck who didn't watch it

youtube.com/watch?v=c7umiaKkRnI

Do yourself a favour and watch the anime - or better yet, read the fairly lengthy manga - it's adapted from. Shit's insane.

I wouldn't call this an actual gem. More like a funny-shaped turd with whole undigested corn stuck to it. It should be seen, though.

Bad Words

>ebin tentacles in the poster
Make me fucking care

Add Natural City to that list. Flawed, but worth watching - and also eerily similar in parts to BR2049.

Get on my level, plebs.

I didn't realize anyone else on the planet even knew this existed. Have you ever seen the sequel? It was pretty good.

anyone else seen this rutger? thoughts? I loved the ending scene

Fucking WARLOCK!!!!my man

Also: NIRVANA with Christopher Lambert. The only true cyberpunk movie I've come across.

>autistic weirdo loner
whole site is invaded by chads wanna be and normies from reddit
all the autists left long ago.

that movie, while it got some good elements, is no hidden gem

Has a banging soundtrack.
Perkins is actually in a minor role, hamming it up as an insane, perverted street preacher. IIRC.

The Minus Man (1999)
Owen Wilson plays a soft spoken, polite and thoughtful serial killer who drifts through small towns and murders his victims with a painless poison. It's a drama that revolves around the protagonist's inner thoughts and how he views the world and people.

very... ambient

>th-three... f-f-fifty!

Fucking love this movie. Michelle Johnson looks fucking amazing!

Orfeu Negro / Black Orpheus (1959)

It's a retelling of the Orpheus myth set in 1950s Rio de Janeiro. Lots of colorful carnival scenes. Give it a try if you like oldies with a mystical touch.

I've never seen anybody talk about this movie, it's pretty good. Hard to describe what it's about, but it follows a struggling artist and a man left at the altar from real-world London and a rorschach-type vigilante who lives in a weird gothic city where subscription to some form of religion is mandatory. Definitely deserves at least a little more recognition than it gets.

Yes, Cassel, Reno and Depardieu.

>Toby Jones
Instant kino

Essential lolitacore, starring Cary Elwes and Alicia Silverstone

He lets his daughter get dicked by an ogre

Split Second

Rutger Hauer pursues a giant mutant rat serial killer through the sewers of a flooded post apocalyptic London.

He also repeatedly beats the shit out of Pete Postlethwaite, and bones prime Kim Catrall - so fresh from Star Trek VI she still has her Lt. Valeris haircut.

If you are looking for a little-known film recommendation, you cannot beat this, do not even try. There is a scene where Rutger Bauer's cop character brushes his teeth and rinseshis mouth out with coffee. There is a scene where his nerdy partner Alun Armstrong finally gets into the macho groove and shouts "We need guns. BIG FUCKING GUNS!"

One of the actresses in this film is called 3000 (yeah, its in the credits) and you are damn right she gets her beautiful ripe melons out. And she plays a waitress serving cans of motherfucking RED STRIPE to seedy bar patrons. Like it says on the cover - KINO.

this was a fun flick

I've watched this so many times I think I've almost figured out what the various drafts of the screenplay were originally meant to be about. Apparently it got rewritten dozens of times by various writers who all radically changed the story and characters, the final scrap was a bizarre melange of all the different drafts.

A horror movie where a chimpanzee becomes mad and violent, unsettling as fuck

i will watc h this thank you

Awesome DLing now.
Wait is it possible?, a decent thread on Sup Forums?

One of my favorites.

top kek

dubs of truth, it's great
youtube.com/watch?v=hQvMWD-_Nfo

>giant mutant rat serial killer
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Severely underrated and hard-to-find film. Used to be on the big cable movie channels almost every fucking day. Vintage Peter Greene and at least two future Sopranos cast members.

literally has kino on the cover

>SHUT THAT CUNT'S MOUTH BEFORE I FUCK-START HER HEAD

10/10

German poster

good but hard to find a version with good subtitles

One possible (?) interpretation of this surprisingly DEEP movie is that there *is* no giant rat. It only seems to murder when Harley Stone (HARLEY STONE!!!) is nearby, he can hear its heartbeat etc.

There is just so much crazy shit in this movie, I killed heartily at the beat when the perpetually cigar-smoking cop has to pause for a wheeze and hacking cough after chasing the mutant (??? Or his own self???) up 2 flights of stairs. When he falls asleep and a pigeon guest star from Bladerunner perches on his head and shits on his face. Or when Kim Catrall first visits his place and it's a loft full of shit, decaying food and filth, and a motorbike, and she says she needs some air so he has to break the window open .... Its just pure fucking class