How many films do I have to watch before I understand this one?

How many films do I have to watch before I understand this one?

You're not supposed to understand it

Maybe around...NONE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT JUST WATCH THE GODDAMN FILM JESUS BINKY CHRIST A THREAD DIED FOR THIS

This film, if you can even call it that, is actually trite garbage made by a sycophant

None. You have to understand yourself to understand the movie.

You need a PhD in philosophy to understand Mulholland Drive

Just the one.

Start with the Greeks

It is actually not that hard to understand general idea behind the plot, just the first two thirds of the movie as dream sequence of blonde girl. There is a lot of weird bullshit besides that may or may not have same intended interpretaton, but this the basic premise.

*treat as
*this is

God, I'm too tired to write properly

One...itself? Makes me feel like a genius when people say this movie is incomprehensible because it's pretty clear to me.

there's not much to understand. Lynch's brain is swiss cheese, he is Jim Carrey levels of gone mentally. He just comes up with weird, interesting situations / shots and then he films them and cuts them together to form a "movie" or "show". That's all there is to it. He'd like you to think that he's 2deep but he's really just an experimental guy shooting experimental things he finds interesting at the time.

This isn't true outside of some of Inland Empire.

I honestly think this movie is a piece of shit. Half of it is a failed pilot and the other half he slapped some random surreal shit together and decided it was about "muh mental illness." Total garbage.

I felt like a brainlet for not understanding it because I wouldn't even consider the possibility of the oh-so-celebrated Lynch, of all people, to resort to the
>it's just a dreem, bro xD
Also, this was originally intended and initially shot to be a tv series, so, lots of mini-plots going nowhere and you just have to turn your brain off or something.

when you open your mind to the impossible sometimes you find the truth

Same as with the ass!

a million and one

>Lynch's brain is swiss cheese

Out of all the shitty hollywood people, Lynch is the last person that you'd expect this to be true for, but it is. It kinda bugs me because he seems like a reasonably good person, and someone who also doesn't harm others . He just wants to do his own thing

He comes across as really troubled though. i wonder if in his head, the stuff he makes is disturbing? Is he troubled by it, or does he just perceive the world differently than us?

He's honestly one of the most interesting creative minds imo (not trying to circlejerk) although I think the dude definitely has schizophrenia or something of that ilk

...once?
its a dream
she dreams the first two thirds of the movie
whenever she looks happy & tidy, shes dreaming
whenever she looks messy & miserable, shes awake

I like how the dream part acts like old 50s films.

it's really not that complicated, at all. maybe you're just stupid?

gonna be watching this with a group of friends soon, gonna be interesting to see which posts their reactions will remind me of

Twice if you are too retarded to get it the first time.

Inland Empire is the better movie.

You can't understand it unless you read an essay about the film afterwards, so just watch it and enjoy the surrealness.

It's easily understood

Only if your a blackened hobo who's lived behind a skip all his life.

He has to watch twice films to understand this one?

Yeah but that's not the point

>not being a blackened hobo whos lived behind a skip all his life
you need to go back

You could also interpret it as some weird hollywood conspiracy revealing itself.

Back to the skip?

Mullholland drive is one of my favourite films, I understand it just fine.

What is better this or twin peaks season 3?

I found Mullholland drive a lot more emotionally evolving even though there kinda similar.

Never seen the third season but Mulholland Dr. was better than the first two.

Different. Mulholland Drive definitely has a tighter plot and feels a lot more tense / scary. Twin Peaks S3 is a lot more spaced out and makes you feel empty, small, and insignificant.

Sunset Boulevard
Meshes of the afternoon
Gilda

That style of writing of his makes me feel mildly uncomfortable. I've seen it elsewhere, like "Axxon N" in Inland Empire is spelled in that weird font of his. Also the drawing of the table he made during the TP season 3 premiere has the same weirdness to it, I can't explain it.

>LE UNRELATED TO THE PLOT JUMP SCARE LE KINO XDXDXD

this film is entirely pretentious. It's supposed to represent dreams but no one ever has dreams as realistic as they occur in Mulholland

Just go read an explanation online. Or just interpret the movie for yourself.