What's the best cinematic portrayal of Satan?

What's the best cinematic portrayal of Satan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=voPmfT09jlg
youtube.com/watch?v=ppGd-2nEOVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Al Pacino in Devils Advocate

Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy.

Sheev

Obama's inevitable bio pic

well....that glorious mother fucker.

end thread.

Lucifer =/= Satan

Claudia Schiffer in some german movie, i think it was called 666

Kardue'sai'Malloc

pic related is pretty gud, but tim curry in the legend wins tbph

Isn't it obvious?

The Lord of Darkness isn't Satan though

forgot pic

beat me to it

that's not satan, that is malbolgia

Same thing, buddy boy.
Yes, the connection was only made due mistranslation, but the people making these movies don't know that. They are "the devil", doesn't matter what name they take.

Why do you guys praise this fucking movie? Not only was it made by someone who has said sexist and racist things in the past, but it deliberately anti-semetic

>tim curry
pulling that guy out in any Sup Forums related conversation is cheating. literally the best character actor of the last 50 years.

good one user
play salieri

This is the best satan I ever seen, that motherfucker was outstanding.

this one is also great, but is not accurate, lu's real version is far beyond from this, the accurate term is "first of fallen", in other words, satan, Lucifer is a complete different character in vertigo universe.

with all said, I have to add a vote for Tim Curry, it was amazing

Danny elfman in the forbidden zone.

>oh but isn't it nice!

not satan, is one of his lieutenant. Malebolgia, and what shitty CGI, ohhh those times.

>"i can lay you down and fill your mouth with your mother's feces"

A CLASSIC

this

>the virgin darkness
>the chad van horne

Excellent.

That's only one of his titles, he's in fact the ruler of hell and source of all evil, he's the adversary of the maker, and motherfucker who likes do bad things against everyone and everything

Tim Curry did it so right in Legend man, it was GOAT

I‘M THE DEVIL I LOVE METAL!

Just a shitpost m8s

fuck no

This

hasn't been made yet but i guarantee it would be kino

You are confusing Satan with Lucifer again

i agree, but let's limit to OP premise, let's stick with films.

I see, get out.

Satan is a deceptive being at his very core. He thrives on lies and because of this, it's pretty hard to know his current true form. When he was with God, he was described as being the most beautiful angel in heaven. In the Garden of Eden, he's a serpent. In the book of revelations, he's also a serpent but much larger. He was described as being a serpentine, dragon beast-like creature.

With all that being said, I can't think of a good cinematic portrayal of him.

Mane Christian mythology is confusing sometimes. Is Satan the Lord of Darkness? Or is that Astaroth?

what's the difference, pls educate me

>What's the best cinematic portrayal of Satan?

the character Joubert in this:
youtube.com/watch?v=voPmfT09jlg

or John Huston's character in this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ppGd-2nEOVQ

the Joubert character in 3 Days of the Condor

in love with his own light

Bible Universe movies when?

The devil in the canterbury tales (pasolini)

And this

nope, lucifer morningstar is a fallen angel, satan is known to be a separate entity, although is common to relate both of them as one being.

One good story to watch about them is without doubt Vertigo Lines: HellBlazer, Sandman and Lucifer MorningStar, fucking gold my friend, give'em a shot, totally worth it.

>ruler of hell

This is disinformation. Satan is prince of this Earth, at least for the time being. Hell, or the eternal lake of fire, is reserved for Satan and his angels for final punishment where they will burn for eternity.

That claymation thing from Mark Twain where the kids and Mark Twain get in a magic elevator

>a challenger appears

That would be dope 2bh, would love to see some of the wackier angels from the 1st and 2nd Triad, Guardian Angels are boring shit.

Came here to post that, one of my favorite scenes in film.

I'm sure he thinks Lucifer was just an angel and Satan was the devil, but both figures got merged at one passage due to countless different translations.
Thing is, Lucifer is only mentioned once in the whole book and Satan isn't mentioned as a specific character at all. Loads of unnamed demons show up, the snake, the desert tempter, the six headed dragon, the anti-christ. They were all merged into a single figure in post bible canon.
So at this point there really is no reason to separate Lucifer from Satan.

Astaroth is more like a duke or a prince, top leveled with belzebub and Lucifer I guess, I don't remember where I heard or read, but it is said that the day when Satan died in the last war with almost the entire hell, he'll be the ruler and is gonna try to make peace with the Maker, I don't is fan fic or is actually in some twisted book.

Then do other Principle Infernal Spirits also reside on Earth? Namely, Beelzebub and Astaroth?

Satan is "the accuser" and somewhat of a lackey of God who tempts people and their faith, most prominently found in the Book of Job

Lucifer is the fallen angel.

>Sandman and Lucifer MorningStar
Read both, they are pretty good.

>Satan is prince of this Earth,
you don't know a shit, at least try wikipedia bro

Wait how did a fallen Archangel get merged with all that represents evil?

The Beast and The Antichirst a distinctly separate and never got merged.

Lucifer and Satan did get muddled together.

don't forget HellBlazer, you could found Satan as "The First Fallen" in action against constantine, fucking A my friend

Wait so is Satan then a part of the Angel Triads? Is he in the Choir of Angels? If he still serves God I mean.

only one time??

>Thirteen occurrences
>Ha-Satan with the definite article occurs 13 times in the Masoretic Text, in two books of the Hebrew Bible: Job ch. 1–2 (10×)[10] and Zechariah 3:1–2 (3×).[11]

>Satan without the definite article is used in 10 instances, of which two are translated diabolos in the Septuagint and "Satan" in the King James Version (KJV):

>1 Chronicles 21:1, "Satan stood up against Israel" (KJV) or "And there standeth up an adversary against Israel" (Young's Literal Translation)[12]
>Psalm 109:6b "and let Satan stand at his right hand" (KJV)[13] or "let an accuser stand at his right hand." (ESV, etc.)

>The other eight instances of satan without the definite article are traditionally translated (in Greek, Latin and English) as "an adversary", etc., and taken to be humans or obedient angels:

>Numbers 22:22,32 "and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him."
>32 "behold, I went out to withstand thee,"
>1 Samuel 29:4 The Philistines say: "lest he [David] be an adversary against us"
>2 Samuel 19:22 David says: "[you sons of Zeruaiah] should this day be adversaries (plural) unto me?"
>1 Kings 5:4 Solomon writes to Hiram: "there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent."
>1 Kings 11:14 "And the LORD stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite"[14]
>1 Kings 11:23 "And God stirred him up an adversary, Rezon the son of Eliadah"
>25 "And he [Rezon] was an adversary to Israel all the days of Solomon"

You are just thinking that if is not the name "SATAN" with fire and all that crap, then he's not in that fucking book right? remember Job, no need to read the book, just go and do a little research, Satan is was way over that bastard to bring all the misfortune and tragedy over that unlucky jewish bastard.

Satan isn't really a name it's a title, he was probably a Djin originally.

What no, why would you think that?

Aren't there two Beasts and the Antichrist is the first one?

It's because Lucifer means bringer or bearer of light and the term Morning star would come accompanied by Lucifer, the star that brings the light, it's just a a term, it was even used to describe Jesus.
So at one particular passage it says something along the lines "How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"
It is never explained who this is even referring to, but several translations said "Lucifer, the morning star", because they would come accompanied one by the other like I said.

So then at one point John Milton wrote a book called Paradise Lost. Using the mistranslated passage as inspiration he told the tale of an angel that was cast down from heaven and became Satan.

ehh the adversary bit seems like a bit of a stretch to me

that crap looks like a stupid resume made from the creators of south park, pure garbage

The whole fall of Lucifer is fanfiction? lel
it's still a cool story

it is correct though, learn to read

No, what I meant is that every time Satan is used as a name they just mean the enemy, or the adversary, mostly the enemy of Israel. That's not THE devil, that was just a blanket term for everyone the israelites didn't like.

That would be M emmitt walsh

Anime is all over that shit, dunno why the west has no interest.

The Gnostic texts and the Apocrypha are great

I don't remember where but it's in Ezekiel. No mention of lucifer. Also Jesus mentions "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning." We also have the story in Revelation.

easily this

it depends all of what interpretation you like

Lucifer in Dante Alighieri's version, Lucifer is in fact Satan, is mentioned in the last chapter, as the source of all evil, the book is way too dense but the resume and explanations are fucking top tier

We ain't got a radio

Pretty much. All the iconic imagery for the devil that we know is outside of bible canon, mostly made popular by Paradise Lost, the Divine Comedy and art commissioned by the church to depict the devil like pagan deities such as Pan or Freyr, so they could kill them and pretend they were righteous about it.

Kino Satan coming through

Tim Curry what a boss

But surely Dante wasn't in charge of Christian canon. It's not part of the dogma, is it?

fuck no, that's the kind of shit that newfags like you bring here only crap. get a fucking book and read it well.

Israel had a lot of certain enemies, but when they refer to "the adversary" is only one, they denied that in fact there's a devil and hell like christian mythology says, but they do mention Satan as an enemy, a source of evil and one entity to fear and fight to.

oops, didn't mean to reply

deniro is great in angel heart though

Crossroads?

Japan views Christianity how America views ancient Greek/Roman religion.

Again, sounds like a stretch and bullshit excuse for why Satan isn't actually mentioned more often. "Adversary" can mean a lot of things.

>nobody ever mentions Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate"

is literally the center of the Renaissance, is a different type of dogma if you like better. there are tons of hell versions.

for me, I prefer the modern tales, well I mean the 90's beings of Vertigo, they took the best of all fairy tales from Judaism, Christianity (and most of variations), Buddhism and Japanese Confucianism and all type of world myths and create some really good stuff.

That's one of the reasons that Sandman, Lucifer and Hellblazer are GOAT

you are just baiting, you are too lazy to read and think about the lines, what a poor mentality you have my friend.

overhyped

he was trying too hard imo

Can anyone help find a movie? All I remember was the ending because I tuned in late to watch it. It's good black movie. All I remember was some black dudes ended up going to hell. It's not takes from the hood. It was another movie. I remember seeing it back in 2002 in the USA network.