DC To Livestream Announcement of Their Big Summer Event

DC LIVE STREAMING SPECIAL PANEL AT FAN EXPO DALLAS ON APRIL 2
Be There As Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo And DC Publishers Jim Lee And Dan DiDio Reveal The Event Of The Summer

WHERE:

Dallas Convention Center, Room C3
DC Facebook
Batman Facebook

WHEN:

Sunday, April 2, 2017
1 p.m. CDT (2 p.m. EDT/11 a.m. PDT)

newsarama.com/33713-dc-to-livestream-announcement-of-their-big-summer-event.html

Don't be late Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MeclvTBvADI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need you to understand I don't give a single fuck about events DC.

>Be There As Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo And DC Publishers Jim Lee

And what about the people who do? Nobody cares about your opinion, user

Didn't they already announce it or is there a second event?

I'm confused now.

Thank you for informing, user.

Dark Forge is the lead up to the Snyder/Capullo event, take Dark Forge as the prologue

It will start in July and end by September

Alright thanks.

It's Dark Days

But thanks to double-shipping, it can pollute twice as many comics!

What's wrong with Capullo, bitchfart?

Just ignore him. He's probably just a salty Marvel shill getting paid to act like this isn't going to be the hypest shit of all time.

>Dallas Convention Center

It's called the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, get your shit together Newsarama.

Everyone else looks like tiny Bruce clones, even Barbara.

Tune in April 2nd to watch DC explain how they're going to make their comics just as shitty as their movies!

Fuck off, not him but Snyder's writing has been "ok" at best lately and Jim Lee is cancer, having brought us horrible X-Men comics, horrible costume designs and Superman: For Tomorrow, a disgrace to all comicbooks.

I do like Capullo but the other two are impossible to defend.

He's going to be wasting his god tier art on a stupid fucking Snyder Bat story.

>Marvel shills trying to throw tantrums after they have bought three terrible events in a row.

I hope the money is worth it.

My problem with Batman events is that Tec1000 is coming up and no matter what Bruce will be in the suit for it.

Speaking as someone who buys a Sale cover and vanilla cover of every Bats issue (Tynion sucks): why do I care about anything before that?

>implying All-Star Batman isn't an instant classic and easily one of the best Batman runs of the past two decades
>implying this isn't going to continue the proud Rebirth tradition of being a genre-defining, record breaking masterpieces expertly crafted by the best creators in the business
Face it, Secret Empire is going to get blown the absolute fuck out. I don't even need to see the announcement to tell you that this is going to be an ingenious mix of revolutionary innovation and traditionalist high-stakes superhero fun.

If you thought the return of the one-true Superman in this week's 10/10 Action Comics by comics legend Dan Jurgens was great, you haven't seen anything yet because this is going to re-invent the way we think of event comics. Marvelfags are clearly afraid, and they should be, because once the Event Comic gets the Rebirth treatment, there'll be no going back and Marvel's dated anti-consumer approach to event comics will be unsustainable going forward.

True fans have spoken (not the SJW shills that Marvel pays to act like fans): Make Mine DC

This.

I'm one of the biggest shill-spotters on here and that's not what that is. Many people hate Snyder, many people hate Lee. Generally that group overlaps. Capullo's good though and I love his batman work.

Cool. I really enjoyed the Rebirth live stream at Wondercon last year.
youtube.com/watch?v=MeclvTBvADI

Hey Sup Forums remember that time DC live streamed the initial rebirth lineup and we all went crazy and were wondering things like where was superbro in the promotional pics

What kind of logic is that, user? Is a storyline only worthy with the character dies? Are you Bendis?

Is batman going back to his nu52 suit? Seems so.

>Secret Empire is going to get blown the absolute fuck out.
Of course it is. It's modern Marvel and therefore dogshit. My fear is that it won't continue the proud Rebirth tradition of being a genre-defining, record breaking masterpieces expertly crafted by the best creators in the business and is going to be a gritty edge fest since it is pushed by Lee.

They already confirmed in the Dark Days interview that this isn't going to be a gritty edgefest, but a fun celebration of everything True Fans love about comics.

fuck you, Sup Forums, I'm actually excited, and you can't do anything about it
DC Rebirth absolutely energized the line, and the events so far (Night of the Monster Men, Superman: Reborn, JL vs. SS) have all been fun
I really hope this will be a fun, balls to the wall action event, and we (FINALLY!) get to see Capullo drawing superheroes in action other than Batman

I saw an user show a quote from Snyder describing Death of the Family similarly. I'm not as inclined to take his statements at face value.

>he was there all along, just the dad half

truly we are blessed

No Johns = no hype for me though

>fuck you, Sup Forums, I'm actually excited, and you can't do anything about it
It's just the Disney shill squad shitting up threads left and right because of movie stuff coming out right now. I'm really excited to see what's coming.

I didn't say he needed to die. He didn't die in Knightfall.

And this isn't just a storyline. It's an event called Dark Days. I think DC are the ones trying to sound ominous, not me.

Is Tiffany Smith gonna be there? When are they going to put that QT on a book?

Careful. If you invoke Johns, those with hateboners will rush you, even if they profess to like Rebirth and you remind them that he was the primary architecht of it.

I hope its not a company wide event. they've been doing well on smaller more contained crossover events like Justice League vs Suicide Squad.

>fuck you, Sup Forums, I'm actually excited
Most of Sup Forums is pretty excited for this. Don't let the people getting paid to convince you otherwise get to you.

I agree.

I've been in the jungle, what is this event and should I be hype.

Fuck them.

I never lost faith in my creator husbando even when times were rough.

How is nobody connecting the obvious dots that this will bring Darkseid into the rebirth era? That's clearly what snyder meant by "the fun" shit we all like. He means he's taking another crack at being Morrison.

Pretty sure the interviews I read said it was going to be.

Robin and Batman Eternal was supposed to celebrate 75 years of Robin, but we all know what it turned up to be.

I don't trust Snyder or Tynion one bit.

>what is this event
Technically, we're not sure yet since the announcement hasn't happened yet. The lead-in is called Dark Days and is about Batman, Bluebird and Duke putting a team together to stop a dystopian future from coming to pass.

>and should I be hype.
You should absolutely be hyped. This is DC Rebirth we're talking about. They've yet to put out a single comic that's not at least "pretty good." If you like superheroes then you'll love this, guaranteed.

I hope not. The worst things about FE and Futures End were the way it put a speed bump in every other line.

I think its better to do a bunch of "micro-events" that are limited in scope. Save the big events for once in a few years stuff.

it may be stupid, since we don't know a lot about it, but fuck it, let's start an event bingo
>Duke saves the day
>someone says how awesome Harper is
>Mr. Oz makes an appearance
>Batman gets into a conflict with the JL
>someone loses a limb

the only thing of his I read and didn't like was Brightest Day.

and I've read much much worse than Brightest Day.

The 90's are truly alive in Burbank.
I hope this is good snyder and not shit synder. Already worried with Tynion being involved

>1st issue breaks sales records
>Batman does something based
>Marvel pulls some unethical marketing tactic to try and undermine the event

Have you read the second arc of his JL run? Not a Johns hater and I still found it abysmally bad. Thank god he recovered quickly with Throne of Atlantis.

Even shit Snyder is still leagues better than the best that Marvel has to offer and that's a fact.

Bruce sucker punches an ally, then winds up right for doing so.
Damian nowhere to be seen.

When was the last time DC did an actual "big" event, thought? As in one that spans several issues. Forever Evil? Marvel does like 2 every year.

>Some A list heroes job to batman
>Kite Man. Hell yeah
>9 Panel grid
>Snyder tries to ape Morrison

true dat. I'll take Snyder doing a shitty morrison impression over nazi cap or any thing Slott shits out these days.

So hype for this. Snyder's All-star Batman is one of my All-time favorite comics and I can't wait to see what he can do with the full backing of the DC Rebirth machine propping it up. This could really turn out to be a true instant classic for the ages.

>Kite Man. Hell yeah
Nope. It aint King writing.

>He likes Snyder's All-star Batman

Easy there, shill. We'll buy the event, relax.

Why did you bring up marvel? I didn't. In fact my post had absoltuely nothing to do with events in a meta context of their place in comics. I literally just said events are regular storylines. especially ones named Dark anything.

Good to see you agreed with me on Snyder definitely meaning he's going to ape Morrison though.

You could try to argue Convergence, but that was just a main book and spin-off tie ins. Did the regular books ship at the same time, or did the spin-off two-parters take over for that month?

For the 2 months that Convergence ran, DC didn't put out any other books. Every book was put on pause and replaced with a Convergence two-parter, just like Secret Wars.

>>Some A list heroes job to batman
Every fucking time. And I hate it.

>Duke hooks up with Babs
>Collapse of society needlessly
>Seeming megadeath even but remarkably low casualties
>Batman solves the problem with a new, ultra powerful batsuit.

I think I quoted the wrong user. My bad.

Convergence is a different case, it was filler for the time they were moving from their offices.

Convergence was good.

But I don't want events like that. Too much chaos among the other lines is bad for them in the long run.

nah, Duke will hook up with Gotham Girl

fook.

Then you can say that Convergence was the last "big event" in that it disrupted when stories continued, but not the stories themselves. I can't believe that we have to almost go back to Flashpoint for the last big "every book disrupted/cancelled" DC event

>Convergence was good
Please tell me you're just a shill because I refuse to believe that I'm sharing a board with someone whose taste is this shit.

>Duke
>Harper

I hate these two characters and I hate Snyder for pushing them.

>I can't believe that we have to almost go back to Flashpoint
Forever Evil was absolutely a line-wide event and that was 2014.

Dark Days is Marvels current event. It's been dragging on for a few years though.

I think he's talking about the tie ins. The main event was irredeemable

>Duke as Batman
>Court of Owls is even more menacing and dangerous than before
>Gotham and most of the world in brink of destruction and then back to normal with no repercussion
> First Ally is Snyder verison of Red Hood (in the same way as Harper Row was Nighwing and Duke Robin)
>Batman in super/hyper mega robosuit saves the day
> Damian and Teen Titans cameo in background for twompages, so no one can accuse that he did not make an appearance
> More Morrison Rip of from Multiversy and Final Crisis

No, it's called Secret Empire

Dark Days is the prologue to DC's Summer event

With the current state of Marvel, are you telling me it's not experiencing Dark Days?

>the joke
>
>
>
>
>your head

Can someone please explain this 'Snyder is ripping off Morrison' meme to me?

Holy shit, that went over your head hard.

wot

I don't care about your shitty jokes, DC's event is not called Dark Forge, fuck it

It's also not called Dancing Jews or Who Ate My Hot-Dog? What's yer point?

Dark Forge is the batman only lead in to the Dark Days line wide the event.

I wont explain the joke though because it's fun for the rest of us to laugh at you.

sorry, meant to reply to this user

Can I get a picture of Oyster smiling?

Line wide? Havent had one in a while.

So is it me or is there at least 1 very obvious DC shill in this thread claiming every hater is a Marvel shill and claiming all that DC does is the holy grail.

Could be a shill, could be a reverse troll. Either way he(or they) are always on this board shitposting.

I see there's a DC dick sucker in this thread.

you are a dumbass

There's no joke if it's not funny, get your shitty ass jokes out of here.

There's on kid calling everyone shills but there have been mouse shills all throughout the DCEU threads today (and every day really).

Not that I can say DC doesn't shill. But one autist in this thread doesn't negate hundreds of posts in DCEU threads of "who cares?" and "you must be retarded to like this."

The shit is a very blatant problem on Sup Forums lately. In comic book threads its a bit more classic company war shit "thors gay" "aquaman? more like lol-man amiright" but in the movie threads its just straight shilling.

It was Sue Storms qt sister's joke. And it's funny enough that I actually still have a shit eating grin on my face when I re-read it just now.

>but in the movie threads its just straight shilling.

I have noticed this.

Like in storytimes and discussions about characters people actually put points across (good or bad) but when it comes to movies they're completely lacking on substance as you said.

Though I'm not really surprised the mouseketeers are so defensive about everything and always on the attack. Walt Disney was a Nazi sympathiser so their tactics resembling the gestapo aren't that surprising.

Dark Days isn't the event you knob.

I started to really start noticing it back when BvS hit blu ray. People were LOSING IT that anyone would buy it or or could have enjoyed it. And when re-reviews came out saying it fixed many problems they just weren't having it. But it was never anything of substance, still isn't.

It's generally just "THE PISS CUP HAHAHA" or "MARTHHAAAA".

got it, we are going to see you in the stream.

Did i say it backwards? So sorry, m'lord!!!! I'm sure I just confused like 100,000 people so much they wont buy the floppies now.

>It's generally just "THE PISS CUP HAHAHA" or "MARTHHAAAA"
You also forgot "Tell that to Zod's snapped neck". But literally those were the only real complaints I heard about Batman v Superman.

Wew.

Ric Flair, nigga?