>Why is Kirkman so damn salty?
Presumably because he's a Marvel fan.

Much like most Marvel fans.

Marvel a shit now.

Is Gweinvincible going to get fucked?

It is funny though

He apparently had a bad experience there or something

What part of this is salty?

At most it's lightly poking fun at the Gwen variant covers.

Marvel made like a dozen Gwen Stacey variant covers and turned the most popular one into a comic, Gwenpool. But don't be confused, Gwenpool isn't Gwen Stacey, she's Gwen Poole. Just like this cover isn't Stacey, it's Gwen Vinciple

They're doing an April Fool's set of parody variants.

comicsbeat.com/april-fool-parody-variant-covers-from-image/

Gwinvincible is a shot at Marvel's relaunches and the Spider-Gwen/Gwen Stacy variants/Gwenpool/Gwensters Unleashed thing.

kek

Shut up and take my money.

He wanted to write Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel wouldn't let him. That's what caused his "creator-owned manifesto".

>that roster
Shit son, I'd read that.

I read one cross-over issue where he wrote the absolute worst Peter Parker/Spider-Man I've ever seen.
I mean every time he spoke I cringed, it was difficult to finish that issue.

Anyone know who the black guy(?) is?

And was he not also the one that ended up running Ultimate X-Men into the ground so hard it never recovered?

How is it salty?

Also, who's the android next to the black guy(?)?

some crow demon girl from East of West

I don't read Image, but that "THIS IS NOT A REBOOT! REEEEE!" Disclaimer is so amusing I might just start. So, I guess the stunt is working or something.

Ultimate Universe died due to a combination of stupid, editorial and edge. You can't really blame one person.

The guy at the front? He's from Black Science. It's just a space suit thing, no robot.

>making fun of Big Two gimmicks
>salty
are you the same one that tried to push this shit too when Powell destroyed your precious Marvel gimmicks?

>Not showing the East of West cover
Hickman is a prick

if this was a real comic, it would unironically outsell any dc or marvel title, at least for a while

>Context?
Kirkman making fun of the retarded ass idea that Gwenpool is

Sorry, I meant the woman with the skull makeup and the prosthetic arm in the middle, next to the shirtless crow woman from East of West.

Thanks.

>I read one cross-over issue where he wrote the absolute worst Peter Parker/Spider-Man I've ever seen.

Can't be any worse than the last three years.

>I meant the woman with the skull makeup
She's not an android either. She's one of the assassins from Deadly Class.

When will EoW get the HBO adaptation it deserves?

Far more interesting than Game of Plebs.

I thought half the people on that cover were robots too.

>But don't be confused, Gwenpool isn't Gwen Stacey, she's Gwen Poole.
that's fucking stupid, they give her the name Gwen and her blond hair and yet they wonder why people are mad at the comic, false advertisement to sell a ''not deadpool, forget about fox please!'' character

Led Dent (Tokyo Ghost) Rick Grimes (TWD)
Crow (East of West) Maria (Deadly Class)
Grant McKay (Black Science) Gert (I Hate Fairyland)

>And was he not also the one that ended up running Ultimate X-Men into the ground so hard it never recovered?
Yep. He also helped run Ultimate Fantastic Four into the ground.

Thanks!

None of them are robots with the possible exception of the dude back left who is, at most, a cyborg(?)

She was originally just part of a variant cover art. When they made her an actual character, then they decided to make her completely independent from either Gwen or Deadpool, probably to avoid right issues, I'd guess.

Rights issues for what? They own the IP.

That would be awesome, maybe after GoT and Westworld end and they're looking for another universe to replace them.

but if she was Gwen Stacy, Sony would own the movie rights and if Gwenpool but as a derivative of Deadpool, while it could be argued Fox owns the movie right, Marvel has 100 % of the merch rights.

>Deadly Class
is that just Assassination Classroom but not a manga?

That's a legit great costume

IN THIS ISSUE: She dies.

I almost thinks thats too petty even by Marvel standards. I men there's no reasonable way they'd ever really even consider making a Gwenpool movie at thia point.

>all these faggots talking about Gwenpool
>it's a parody of the Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman outfit
ITT: people who don't read comics.

No it wouldn't.
I'd still probably read it though.

MAKE IT STOP
MAKE IT STOP
SOMEONE PLEASE
TURN OFF THE STUPID

>getting this triggered over a joke

And Liefeld still gets royalties for Deadpool.

Kirkman's never been a fan

even when he worked for them he was only interested in his own special snowflake characters, not the whole Marvel U deal

can't write for shit, either

and because he got lucky on an indie title he never has to go back, and so has the luxury of constantly bitching about what a terrible place it is, even though he hasn't worked there for a decade and the people he actually would have known have almost all moved on

he's a victim of his own success: because of it, he never has to assess whether maybe he was being an asshole when he worked there, just paint himself as the underdog and lap up the jizz of the fanboys, just like all the faggots at Image who ever actually made any money

There's likely no movie rights to be had because Sony and FOX won't ever think to do a deal like that.

user is correct, derivatives of Gwen go to Sony and derivatives of Deadpool go to FOX.

no, that's normal

FOX only owns the merch rights to live-action Deadpool - not the cartoon or comic versions; likewise Spider-Man and Sony. Marvel is entirely free to exploit the comic book versions to the full if it chooses.

He's a Spider-Man fan who's salty that he never got to write ASM.