Are the homeworld gems really evil for putting the interests of their race, culture, and planet above all others?

Are the homeworld gems really evil for putting the interests of their race, culture, and planet above all others?

Is it any worse than the "America First" zeitgeist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svSsbbAnuTA&t=105s
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ&t=1546s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Putting the well being of your own people first isn't evil however there is a concern for ethics in doing so.

They see their subjects as tools to make themselves feel better. They're more like bratty teenage girls than benevolent rulers.

There{s an entire fucking Universe with millions of planets, if you choose to destroy those with sentient life you're a dick, yes.

Sort of. The way Peridot talked about this made it sound like it's rare that Homeworld is able to find as optimal a colony for creating new gems Earth, and they're supposedly not even from this galaxy. I guess there's something important about Earth that makes harvesting its mass more productive than taking it from the billions of uninhabited there probably are in this galaxy alone.

nazi thread?

Stick to your general.

I don't think so. I like to think that in the same way all gems were created for a distinct purpose so were the diamonds. By who or what I don't know but I do feel like all the diamonds were given a special purpose and their ideology is that they should stick by that purpose and never deviate from it.

There is no general anymore, passive-aggressive shitposter-kun.

Maybe the planet requires some form of pre existing life in order to make gems?

General is banned

Was the new episode today? Or has the schedule shit itself?

They pushed it back due to shitty ratings from the last episode. They blame the week-by-week schedule and leaks, and are likely going to drop the episodes one after another now because of it.

Hopefully this next one has actual plot.

They're evil from a certain point of view.

Well then take the hint.

Except there's a double standard where one autist mod, despite the concerns of the others, has a hateboner for the show and forces a move to /trash/ for a hiatus length not enforced on any other show "just because".

It is literally supposed to be the "America First" zeitegist.

People talk about how Steven Universe is making kids gay and atheist and liberal but no one ever talks about how Homeworld is literally a representation of the liberal (Europoor liberal, not Burger liberal) post WWII status quo of lukewarm democracy, religion, and super capitalism.

Why?

I was like you guys for the last 2 years. I couldn't stand Steven Universe, mainly because of his ugly nose and annoying voice.

Then I finally gave in and started watching. You know what? It's pretty good. I had "Stronger than You" stuck in my head for weeks.

They don't work for the interests of their race, though. They greedily exhaust their resources instead of finding ways to renew them, which means that eventually they will run out of those resources and start to fade out. The existence of Era 2 Peridots and Yellow Diamond's attitude towards Earth indicates this. The universe may be infinite, but gemkind's ability to traverse it might not be able to keep up with their needs.

I have a feeling part of the conclusion to the series will be Steven and the Crystal Gems showing homeworld the concept of agriculture that works in a cycle of reaping and sowing, if they can figure out how to revitalize and reuse kindergartens.

Something about Sup Forums generals are supposed to go to trash when no new content is coming out, as a way to keep them from just becoming unending threads of distilled fandom craziness

But it is said it is a rule that's only enforced on /sug/ cause it's hated by some mods or "that's the new MLP" or some other reason.

And yet they just want to blow it up instead of using those resources

Well resources aren't as important when gems don't really run out of energy unless completely shattered (and even then cluster shows you can find uses for them).

But it does have a strong traditional status quo vs the new and constantly changing radical ideas kinda thing going
Which I am interested in how it develops and how open/obvious they make it.

The Diamonds are Lawful Neutral.

Well it is a planet with rebel gems who kill a Diamond.
So it stopped be a professional matter and became a personal one.

Lawful Evil
Lawful Neutral would be more them following the rules and traditions because they're the laws they've always known.
Lawful Evil is them making the rules and not deviating too far from rules and traditions simply cause that's how they think or that's how they like it.

>Is it any worse than the "America First" zeitgeist?
You say that as if we approve of the America First bullshit

That shit murders other countries and cause their ghosts to come back to haunt us

Reminder that the Crystal Gems are evil monkey-fucking space terrorists and murderers who have done nothing but sit around and cry and sing about their pathetic worthless lives after stealing Earth from Pink Diamond.

No way.

Really?

but at least they don't have space dog aids

>stealing Earth from Pink Diamond.

Shit man, don't humans have a say in this?

no, the next episode is going to be just as shit and pointless as all the ones from season 4 have been

BTFO

Don't you mean from the whole show?
SU is pretty shit since Gem Glow.

It must be hard to post with that guy's dick in your mouth.

I think the problem is people want the show to be about space war action.
And it isn't, it's about day in the life of goofy magic kid.
And so people act like when the subplot they wanna focus isn't the focus, it is filler.
But this is not the main business the show was made for.
I mean yeah I love the homeword plots and would love if the show stayed more focused on that, but when it doesn't I'm not gonna act like it was always the main focus.
People just need to accept what they call filler is closer to what the show is meant to be about.

It must hard living as a SU fag.

Except the Gems are an artificial race. The Diamonds might just be following programming.

>He liked weird head Pearl from Laser Light Cannon

Still better
>chibi Pearl uwu
Cartoons are supposed to be ugly.

Rebecca Sugar, get off Sup Forums.
No one likes your shit show.

That's a pretty shit way of criticizing the show, If you ask me this guy does it much better and I really do like his comedy. I rly like SU but he does bring up some good points,

youtube.com/watch?v=svSsbbAnuTA&t=105s

If that was the case we'd have evidence of there being a ruler above them or something implying it.

Unless they're gonna pull a Digimon and just make up a final final badguy.

If you are a fan of E;R, you must hate SU.
That's the rule. Personally, E;R is my hero and I hope he squared up with Sugar one day.

>all those dislikes
Looks like the Crewniverse got really butt hurt.

Last time I checked, "America First" wasn't about hollowing out and killing off entire planets.

>Says a show is shit
>Hangs out in threads about said show
Either ya care about the show or you're sad enough to participate in threads in subjects you don't even like.
And I hope it's the former, cause the latter is just admitting your own pitifulness to take try to take something else down like some double edged sword.

This is the exact moment SU's fandom was vanquished once and for all.

It wasn't her turn, user just accept it

>getting this salty
I'm just going to let my boy Milo finish you off.

I'm going to criticize Sugar on her own turf.
Watch me go.

I am a fan of E;R, and I like SU. Well season one at least. It is possible to find someone funny and thoughtful even if you don't agree with everything they say.

You don't need to wipe out all organic life in the universe to protect your people.

He's got a great voice, I wish he did more stuff, on other stuff.

Season One is shit.
Why do people pretend like SU was ever any good?

fuck me i posted the wrong video. This is the one critizing the show not the fandom.

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ&t=1546s

>Is it any worse than the "America First" zeitgeist?
No, and that's the whole problem.

Not really.

>pretend
I'm being genuine. It's called an opinion.

When you think about it, we had it pretty good back then.

I wish he was writing for SU.
Tumblr would be forever triggered.

>MUH NOSTALGIA

>SU CAN'T BE GOOD BECAUSE IT DIDN'T COME OUT WHEN I WAS A KID AND THE COMMERCIALS DON'T HAVE A CITY THEME ANYMORE

Was that argument seriously the best thing you had? Because that's pretty sad.

No, you're being contrarian.
SU was always shit. Just ask Milo Hoff; he's an expert on this stuff.

Infinity Train isn't even a show yet and I am already sick of its fandom.

Why?
It's better than SU's fandom.

You need to check again.

Has it produced good fanart yet?

Milo explains why SU's shit right here

Who?

CN City was god tier though; this new era is seriously lacking.

Contrarian? Thinking season one was good is a popular opinion, even within Sup Forums Even if it wasn't it doesn't mean I'm being contrarian.

Go to bed, Milo. CN is never going to magically turn into a carbon copy of what it was when you were 14 and it's time you put on your big boy pants and accepted that.

No one ever thought season one was good, especially Sup Forums.
We hate SU.

Synthetic-organic conflict is inevitable.

Seriously, when did Teen Titans become this sacred cow that's above criticism?

Yes and it is much better than SU's fan art will ever be.

Reality doesn't bend to your will buddy.

I really need to stop giving (You)s to obvious trolls.

Ask anyone on Sup Forums; they'll say that SU has always been shit.

No our issue is it lost it's charm. I stop caring about homeworld a season ago when it was clear the writers are just making it up as they go along. In fact some of my favorite episodes are filler. And that was because filler before season 3 was big adventures in temples and strange puzzle rooms, monsters attacking people and strange artifacts or plants with weird powers. It made episodes engaging and made you wonder how things would play out. Now it's just a mess of boring that's sprinkled with lore/plot points here and there. A good chuck of season 3 and almost all of 4 throws out an adventure formula and just has Steven drama, and town drama. Most episodes give nothing fun and many seem to be not even sure what story they are trying to tell. Many just seem like an excuse to remind us certain things happen or certain town folk are still around. Fans aren't mad at the lack of lore, it's that we have spent 20+ episodes of the last two seasons wanking away at Steven and the town. No one gives a shit about two restaurant families having a feud, no one cares what Lars thinks of local wrestling, it wasn't what the show was about for the first two seasons. People want to see shit like Steven and Connie go on more monster hunts, the gems problem solving some old forgotten tomb, or exploring foreign crash space ship with greys voiced by Chris Parnell. We want what sold so many fans in season one and that was light hearted adventures.

>shitting on CN City
This really is Sup Forumsmblr.

It never had any charm to begin with.
All these problems were there to begin with.
Fuck, why does this delusion persist that SU was ever a good show?
I bet you think SU was better than GF.

> I stop caring about homeworld a season ago when it was clear the writers are just making it up as they go along.
They've been making shit up since day one.
>but m-muh fusion
If people honestly thought Sugar planned this out, they're retarded and deserve every bit of disappointment they got.

>I bet you think SU was better than GF.
I don't think that I'm just sharing that the narrative went worse after season 3 started up. That the excuse that people's dislike of these latter episodes is because the lack of progression is false.

Here's your (You) hope it keeps you happy for awhile.

So do people just use the SU threads to shit on the show?

Compare S1 episodes with the garbage that comes to "filler" now
Episodes are bland/ok at best/garbage , there are no great episodes on the new seasons.
The magic/charm is gone , just like happen to AT S4 and so.
The only interesting/fun stuff was Bismuth

>thinking I'm an SU fag
I've been saying all this shit since the show started, but now that SU is cool to hate you're jumping on the bandwagon?

Fuck off.

>>but m-muh fusion
>If people honestly thought Sugar planned this out
Central character is a fusion.
First fusion happens in episode 12.
What did he mean by this?

And yet those Star Vs. threads that a general in wverything but name are allowed to stay...

There was never magic though.
People were under the illusion that SU was good because they were let down by AT so they thought that SU would be different.
It wasn't; the fact that it was made by the person who led to AT's downfall in the first place should have been a big tip off.
SU was never good, it was just at the right place at the right time.

Season 3 had some great episodes.
Even Season 4 managed a few gems here and there.

There's no one I dislike more than someone who feels the need to validate their opinion by pretending it's an objective fact. It's not. Fuck off.

>being this butthurt
It's alright user; the truth gets easier after a while.

Not him, but I'm just happy that Zuke is gone.

This is why I have no hope for OK KO.
Why get invested in it if it's just going to go to shit eventually?

there shouldn't be any su threads here in the first place since the general is banned to /trash/

Yes, because the show was so much better off without her.
>Hilary Florido is still on SU
>People think this is a good thing

It's amazing that show that's not even 4 yet already has nostalgia fags.

No, it's natural for all races. Too bad they're gonna get get blindsided by the human race like every other inferior scum out there!

EARTH! EARTH! EARTH!