Okay seriously, what went wrong?

Okay seriously, what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k2h2lvhzMDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cars made billions with merchandising

What does that have to do with the fact that they've made one good movie since 2010?

sequels

Finding Dory?

sequels
the demand for a new movie EVERY YEAR

i feel like pixar does better when it spends time between movies instead of pumping out garbage all the time

turned into a sequel farm while disney snatched up all the actual writing talent

Walt Disney Animation cucked them into oblivion in 2016 with Moana and Zootopia, while Pixar had Finding Dipshit

I was referring to Inside Out, which I found to be decent

THIS

the public realizing that no studio is flawless?

No king rules forever, my son.

You touched yourself a lot, naughty boy.

Honestly, John Lasseter is a huge problem.

He shills the Cars movies, and is responsible for ruining Brave and the Good Dinosaur

>responsible for ruining Brave and the Good Dinosaur
what did he do to ruin 'em?

>Ruining Brave

Brave is glorious.

More Disney and not Pixar, but wasn't Lasseter the reason Tangled was full-on CG and not at least stylized in a more 2D way?

Not that I'm inherently a "CG is bad" autist like some of the people on here but if that's the case he just shilled for more of the same old.

Inside Out was kino. Disagreeing just means you're an autist who cannot into human emotion.

Also: Coco will be kino.

>Pixar goes 1.5 years without releasing an excellent film

"PIXAR IS OVER"

Sup Forums, jumping the gun since always.

They ran out of all the movies they wrote down on that napkin

Brave is underrated

I'm still convinced he's done more good than bad.

He's also the sole reason Ghibli movies started getting so much exposure in the states.

So themselves off to Disney.

Now most of their talent transferred to Disney's animation studios instead.

In other words,

He replaced the director of Brave, and turned the story into the garbage it was. He totally threw out the original plot of the Good Dinosaur, and made them redo it in little time.

Visually, sure, but it's terrible. Merida is a fucking cunt.

>I don't like my Mom, so i'll maybe poison her with this possible poison a stranger gave me

At least Ariel put herself in danger, not her parents.

Brave is shit.

For all the times Pixar invites Trigger animators to visit, you'd think they would've remembered not to lose your way.

Mouschtwitz gutted it

kek, this and Ranft going full ghost

>Brave is shit.
why?

everyone expected badass female doing hero stuff, instead we got brat who poisoned her own morher

The "time to make the audience FEELS" bits got too obvious.

You're referencing to Inside Out, i assume. I agree. They try harded.

I never really cared how movies are made, until Zootopia, it seems WDAS can't make good movies even if their own life dependent on it, that's why they need Pixar.
Disney is shit without them.

With the success ofthe Pixar movies in the 2000s like Wall-E and Up, Disney realized they drew in way more money than themselves, as such, many of the top animators, storyboarders, writers, background artists and even directors was moved to the main Disney studios. That way Disney could have more talented people as their 2D movies stopped drawing money.
This can be seen as the original directors for both Brave and The Good Dinosaur was replaced as well as the entire top tier cast of the Pixar's whole studio. The ones left was "less talented" and had to make do with what they had.
If you wondered why Break it Bob and Zootopia was as good as they were, remember that the people working on them were the best in their respective field from Pixar originally.

Feminist pandering and Cars Jewing. Finding Dory and Monsters University were both good, but Brave and Inside Out were fucking awful. Never watched the Dinosaur one. They've undeniably gone way down hill from Toy Story 3 and Up. Cars 3 will almost certainly be trash just like the second one.

They seem to out putting movies faster than normal and as a result more carelessly.

Cars is a franchise, a very marketable one. Cars is also a safe bet and they know it will always attract people. As a result, this is why they now mostly focus on sequels and newer installments felt more experimental than they ought to.

In test screenings of the Good Dino, the majority of kids ran out screaming and crying

Brave, Inside Out, and the Cars movies are DreamWorks tier at best. Just complete shit. That upcoming one about the Mexican kid in magical Day of the Dead world looks terrible as well. And derivative since I recall another cartoon movie from the past few years that was same thing.

They planned out all their films up to Wall E or Up after the first Toy Story - so they had lots of time to think things through.

>Brave, Inside Out, and the Cars movies are DreamWorks tier at best. Just complete shit.

Fuck you, Inside Out is great.

No it's not. That movie sucks.

>Fuck you, Inside Out is great
person with a bit of life experience

>That movie sucks
person without it

Bullshit. I'm probably older than that tasteless faggot so your argument is wrong by default. That movie was boring and so far up its own ass that it actually believed it was being genuine rather than just trying to force artificial sadness on the viewer in a desperate attempt to one up Toy Story 3 or Up's "feels". Shit movie and you're a dumbass.

What's been happening with Pixar is the natural ebb and flow of large business. Once you get to a certain size, serving legacy customers begins to overtake innovation or finding new customers. The costs of sustaining it will outpace growth.Eventually, it will need to collapse a little and rebuild.

Pixar is still putting out good movies. They will overcome creative fatigue eventually.

whoops he fell! its wrong to kill someone don't you know

>Pixar goes 12 years without releasing an excellent film
Fixed that for you.

Nothing went wrong.
Pixar is still great. They're still providing a great work environment and Pixar animators are satisfied with it, while jap anime workers are on the verge of starvation.
John Lasseter is the best boss ever on earth?

I think you mistook it with Black Caudeon.

>In test screenings of the Good Dino, the majority of kids ran out screaming and crying
>screaming and crying

So you're saying it evoked twice as many emotions as the average Pixar film?

I mean, while being older can help with life experience because you simply have more opportunities, that doesn't mean much if you're close minded and don't take those opportunities throughout your life. I've seen young teenagers that have seen more shit than I'll likely ever experience in my own life.

Doesn't mean that Inside Out gets better or worse as you grow as a person, but generally the "this popular thing is trash and people who like it have no taste" kneejerk reaction isn't indicative of someone that's been very keen on new experiences. I mean, I can get indifference towards the movie, but straight up anger directed towards really any form of popular media that doesn't do something to be actively offensive implies someone might be keen on extreme reactions to everything and childish cynicism, especially if you try to assign some sort of extrinsic motive to why you think the movie was bad (the SJW's/MRA's did it, they were trying to one-up their own work, et cetera).

I mean, I personally didn't care too much for the movie, but I don't think the movie was really directed at me anyways and never was going to resonate with me that much. For someone else with a different life it could probably resonate a lot more, and it seems that it did given it's generally positive reception.

thats not pretentious or anything

>Tfw their next two movies are Book of Life 'Pixar edition' and Cars 3

It's just gonna keep going downhill from here

Dinosaur movies are the hardest to make it work.

>the good dinosaur
Still don't understand what happened

Guys underestimated how hard it is to make a dinosaur movie, aborted the original plans during production and try to damage control the best they could.

Go watch You're Umasou.

>Lets put all of our effort into the environment and make the dinosaurs look like something from A Bugs Life

That's not true. Toy Story 3 was an excellent movie, particularly for a sequel. It's an excellent example of when, the fact that there is a good story to tell helps to justify the existence of a cash grab.

Things like Transformers and Pirates show how little studios care about what is a cash grab, because audiences won't really punish them for it. But TS3 wasn't that.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery#

Disney sucked out all the talent like the creativity vampires they are.
It's not a coincidence Disney got better at doing exactly what Pixar used to do in the meantime.
I don't know why they don't just merge it at this point.

Kino used to mean experimental. I can't imagine a less creative way to represent human psyche than Inside Out.

I hate you so much right now and your references do not impress me

Should I watch Despicable Me?

Yeah, it's decent to good.

Alright.

from i heard fatso treats WDAS like new girlfriend and Pixar like an old wife.

Merging might happen in 10 years or less, they dont have a boss anymore, so why bother?

>sequel farm
>Only one sequel released within 6 years

>while disney snatched up all the actual writing talent
>Frozen
>Big Hero 6
>Moana

I guess they got their shitty writers instead

Inside Out was 2 years ago

this.
Pixar just lost their charm by only doing sequels and trash which was impressive back then but now is normal (more animation studios).

and it was 5/10 at best.

I think at some point Tangled was gonna be a reverse Enchanted with an art style meant to look like a moving painting. Kinda glad we got Tangled instead.

>I don't like my Mom, so I'll maybe poison her with this possible poison a stranger gave me
but user, that isn't
>I hate the role in life that was chosen for me at birth that my mother is trying to force me into without seeing my side of things, so being led to my fate by the will-o-the-wisps to a witch made me think I could use magic to change my mother's thoughts because I'm still a kid and I don't have everything figured out I just know I don't wanna be married off and want a chance to live MY life

I normally mind or am at least unaffected by any "muh feels" moment, but when Riley started crying in Inside Out it really got to me.
Is there any Pixar movie that doesn't have a Feels moment?

They probably didn't wanna end up like the last animated movie that had realistic dinosaurs

let's look at the last 7 years and beyond

TS3
Cars 2
Monsters University
Finding Dory
Cars 3
Incredibles 2
TS4

Original titles:
Brave (sucked)
Good Dinosaur (shit)
Inside Out (dude character dies in a kids movie lmao so deep)

>Toy Story 3
>Cars 2
>Cars 3
>Incredibles 2
>Finding Dory
>Monsters University
It's easy to see what they mean, don't play dumb

>book of life
book of LOVE
CUNT

Pixar always rubbed me in the wrong way. Stories are so overpolished, there's no fun and creativity
allowed.
Characters feels like empty husks meant to serve the story rather than real individuals.
And all of this has gotten worse in recent years.

Say what you want about Dreamworks, but their movies don't leave me feeling I've read a cooking recipe.

I miss when I could say A Bug's Life was the weakest Pixar movie

they used to be gold

someone passed away and it went downhill from there.

Which one was that?

Dinosaur.

Finding Dory is the first time I had an overall good, fun time with a Pixar in god knows how long. Since Finding Nemo? The previous ones I watched from them were Brave and TGD, both being exercise of mediocrity missing the point so damn hard. Was watching How to Train Your Dragon back then and was amazed at how such a generic movie could end up so much more enjoyable than Pixar try hard things.

Meh, definitely shit you want to forget, also the "good dinosaurs" and monkeys were so much more creepy looking than the meat eaters. I can't believe I was so damn hyped for The Good Dinosaur only to be graced by this bad, bad joke.

A company only has so many good ideas, and Pixar had more than most but I suppose they're starting to run out. They increased their output this decade for sure, perhaps the competition is getting stiffer or maybe they're just getting old.

>TS3
Was alright.
>Cars 2
Not great but I enjoyed how they forsake trying way too hard.
>Monsters University
Skipped.
>Finding Dory
Good time.
>Cars 3
Is it even out yet? Skip.
>Incredibles 2
Not out yet.
>TS4
Not out yet.
>Brave
This sucked about as much as they wanted it to be good.
>Good Dinosaur
I liked Thunderclap introduction scene. Also, the effort they put into trying to make the enviroments so photorealistic was about as misguided as the plot.
>Inside Out
Skipped.

>Finding Dipshit
I chuckled

Lasseter wasn't the reason that Tangled went full CG. I listened to a podcast where I think the director had the choice of making the film either 3d and 2d. And he chose 3D because he wanted to fully render Rapunzel's hair with the technology that they had. Plus, Beauty and the Frog didn't do that well and probably pushed the Disney to the 3D route

I refuse to believe they magically made up glorious concepts on the fly that one day, and have been unable to come up with new great stuff since then.

If anything, I blame the downfall on the thing that I think plagues Disney a bit

>competent but old creators who feel comfortable in the rehashing of jokes, plots and structures that are known to work
>no particular new talent to shake things up
>too much pressure money wise so risks are not welcome

>the main character did something bad therefore it's a bad movie

Moana is superior to anything Pixars done since Toy Story 3

Most Pixar movies have been heavily inspired by other movies or tv shows.

Toy Story : The Christmas Toy
Toy Story 2 : Follow That Bird
Toy Story 3 : The Brave Little Toaster
Bugs Life : Insektors + Seven Samurai
Ratatouille : Mouse Hunt
Cars : Doc Hollywood
Cars 2 : The Man Who Knew Too Little
Brave : Brother Bear
Monsters Inc. : Little Monsters
Monsters University : Revenge of the Nerds
Up : Above Then Beyond
Wall-E : Idiocracy + Short Circuit
Finding Dory : Toy Story 2
The Good Dinosaur : Lion King
Inside Out : Cortex Academy (and possibly other similar movies and the theme park ride Cranium Command)

"People remake good movies, but they are already good. They should remake bad movies that are good ideas but poorly executed." - Ed Catmull
youtube.com/watch?v=k2h2lvhzMDc ~(25:00)

very interesting talk by catmull.

Even the plot for Toy Story 3 had been floating around the studio for like 8 years. The daycare plotline was mentioned a couple of times around the same time Disney tried to cuck them with their own Toy Story 3.

>using dude lmao memes

Make an actual argument, faggot

>The Good Dinosaur : Lion King
There are so damn many movies that The Good Dinosaur is derivative of, and you choose that one?

To be fair it was Pixar's input which saved Zootopia. I'm leaning toward what is saying about any supposed talent-snatch in terms of writers. Pixar's current issues may be too much input from the suits--that's what really fucked up The Good Dinosaur.

>They should remake bad movies that are good ideas but poorly executed
Jews don't want to put effort into it because they aren't certain they can do better. They'd rather do something they know will work

toy story sequels were good.

demonstrate that you are worthy of an actual argument, that you are worth your own time

And? The last one was in 2010

John Lassiter moved over to Disney and he is keeping their quality high instead.