Does fear lead to anger?

P O T T E R Y

O

T

T

E

R

Y

what leads to fear? what does suffering lead to?

death creates fear. suffering leads to death.
Anakin's fear stemmed from the though of losing his mother.

Suffering leads to the dark side, in the skywalker saga Sheev usually exploits a feeling of helplessness and loss to create fear. Anakin feeling helpless trying to save people, Padme in particular, Luke feeling helpless unable to keep his friends safe, we don't know much about Kylo but Rey saying he was afraid he'd never be as strong as Vader set him off.

Because the one thing plaguing everyone's mind after watching the original trilogy was whether or not Vader had loved ones and if they had anything to do with Luke's father falling to the dark side.
God, why did the prequel writers think we care about any of that shit?

>Because the one thing plaguing everyone's mind after watching the original trilogy was whether or not Vader had loved ones and if they had anything to do with Luke's father falling to the dark side.
Are you dense? That is exactly what happened. Fans were demanding to know more about Vader's backstory.
>prequel writers
You mean George Lucas?

Ultimately Anakin ended up a great character.

Are you fucking retarded? Fans were screaming to know more of Anakin Skywalker after the original trilogy was finished.

If you kill your enemy then they win

Also if you don't kill your enemy they will come back and kill you then you win because you're a ghost now

>this hack shit not only became popular but influenced other media

so what leads to death? what does the dark side lead to?

t.brainlet

>>prequel writers

+ Jonathon Hales and Tom Stoppard on II and III, respectively.

suffering leads to death, I already said that. It all circles around back to death. Death makes fear, and it ends back at death after suffering.

>dude just let him kill you because eventually someone else will kill him for you but in a good way

>how do i into thought

It rhymes

so Plagueis was actually a good guy all along by trying to end death and break the cycle?

Jedi Order don't really have an issue with killing but they fight defensively and don't strike anyone down in anger.

Nobody killed Vader, he just let himself die.

Plagueis wasn't really a good guy, the thing about the dark side is they're free to explore the larger scope of the force while the Jedi Order only train and teach things that can be done "in the jedi way." If you can throw out force lightning without feeling anger it's not a problem.

what about striking someone down in fear? fear that they might kill you, so you kill them first

i think George Lucas has the same skill as a director as Tommy Wiseau

The point of the years of jedi training is to not have that fear. Notice Obi-Wan is pretty calm even in dire situations.

read the OP

can you strike people down in any other emotion? happiness for example?

No because happiness leads to fear or anger

To be a jedi you need to be an emotionlet

No you're supposed to be totally calm. Jedi aren't supposed to fall in love either, they're like priests and monks. Even Obi-Wan had a girlfriend though.

how can you want to protect people if you're calm all the time though? you're telling me jedi masters don't feel a flicker of emotion when they watch villages get burned to the ground?

No because that would mean they'd get angry over the destruction and have fear it could happen again which would turn them into sith

Jedi are renowned for their fairness, they're peacekeepers and are often in diplomatic affairs because of that. They're against the sith because of their destructiveness and wanton murder across the universe. Even Yoda felt emotions but it's about being able to control them and letting go of hate and anger so they can perform better.

but then doesn't that mean they just don't give a fuck? what drives them to want to do good if they don't let themselves feel emotions?

>you're telling me jedi masters don't feel a flicker of emotion when they watch villages get burned to the ground?

I think the point is to not let those emotions affect your decision-making, or soon enough you will be the one burning the enemy's villages in retaliation. Anakin of course was allowed to feel emotions at the death of his mother, but he should have controlled them and not slaughtered the village in blind rage.

This is going way over your head, it's not that they don't feel emotions. Go watch RotJ again where Luke comes an asshair away from going darkside.

my point is without emotions like empathy you're not going to want to make decisions like protecting people in the first place. the only decisions you can make without emotion are ones relating to your own survival because it's an ingrained biological instinct. unless there are alien species that have a biological instinct to protect people maybe

Empathy isn't an emotion

what is it then?

Jedi are flawed, the prophecy of the chosen one is to bring balance to the force and they interpret it as eliminating the darkside only. How is there only being Jedi balance? Both Sith and Jedi need to end

Jedis were not always souless, they use to have wives, feel emotions, become padawans when they were already adults, etc
But the had lots of wars so at the end of the ruusan battle they reformed, but in tge end it didnt work
Kind of like the second vatican council wich changed christianity to make it more modern and in the end the churches have never beem emptier

This Yoda puppet looks bad by virtue of the fact that it technically looks better than the original Yoda puppet. What an interesting turn of events.

No, it didnt look bad just too diferent
It doesnt look like yoda, hell yaddle looked more like him
The problem is tge lack of respect for old probs that the industry had

I don't know, all the elements are there, it just looks more realistic to me. The skin looks more supple and fleshy, the eyes look alive, he just looks generally more lifelike to me. Like somebody took the old puppet and improved it using more sophisticated molding techniques. Granted, I'm basing that simply off OP's picture. I do remember him looking shitty and wrong in the actual movie. It could just be a flattering picture.

Yes it looked better but the face was not the same, look at the mouth and the forehead, it looked like a different character of the same race

Yoda looks better in CG