Voltron: Legendary Defender

Who else is hype for the old episodes hitting Netflix?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/voltron-legendary-defender-creators-look-back-at-the-or-1793561802?rev=1490281294188
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm more hype for the threads that will come from it.

gotta love the mice

Some people were fighting over whether Shiro was pure or a slut before the image was posted here but it definitely sent everything into a frenzy. Now we have entire threads discussing smoking Shiro and it's not stopping anytime soon. At least it gave birth to the Bad Boy Shiro theory. How he wasn't always an ace student and had family troubles. It's interesting.

Aren't the VLD crew supposed to release extras with episodes as well? That could be neat.

Before the smoking picture Shiro was the perfect waifu who burnt the dinner in an adorably clumsy fashion. Now he is ruined forever.

*blocks your path*

I never believed Shiro was pure. I was posting Shiro lewds before Smoker Shiro was a thing.

Haggar/Zarkon a cute

Haggar has a stronk pussy that would destroy Zarkon's dick.

He's still the perfect waifu. BadboyShiro was before he went to the garrison. Ryou's death was the one thing to turn his life around.

I liked the idea of Shiro being an unwilling slut who was pure of heart.

Do you think she can shapeshift, or is she naturally purple? If she can shapeshift, she can shapeshift a dick and peg Zarkon.

Look at this and tell me he is not a Goodboy.

What is the actual chance of bad boy Shiro being confirmed? Is it a crack theory or are you taking it seriously?

He is a good boy but he isn't pure. He did some "bad boy" things and he doesn't get along with his family.

Hopefully it's proven to be true. Shiro in the show is boring as shit and is on Allura levels of mary-sue. Literally the only thing unique about him is his trauma because he lets it get to him. This is why Shiro is the perfect waifu to a lot of his fans, he has no flaws.

What a sweet, special boy. He probably got that merit badge for having the nicest personality.

He was still able to kick loads of alien butt and become champion of the arena somehow. How did he get so tough?

Shiro was raised in a dojo? I don't know. Give him some stereotypical East Asian backstory.

Shit. I should borrow someone's netflix account

That is a beautiful Sendak.

Looking forward to watching them with my gf and teasing her for how much she hates DotU.

D'awww...

Indeed it is. The artist said it's not finished, so I assume they'll color it eventually.

I wanna rub his nipple.

General consensus seems to be that DotU is not a good show. How about GoLion?

It's generally considered better than DotU. It's not hacked to shit for one thing. But as far as mecha anime goes, it's regarded as medicore.

Both are enjoyable in their own ways. GoLion is better but it's still not a "good" show. You should stick to other mecha.

I don't think anyone here is a real /m/an

These. It's why I was surprised when I heard of VLD: even with nostalgia goggles on, DotU was pretty painful to rewatch.

If my models weren't packed up I'd show you what kind of /m/an I am.

Needs more modern!Pidge and modern!Allura in the classic outfits.

>io9.gizmodo.com/voltron-legendary-defender-creators-look-back-at-the-or-1793561802?rev=1490281294188

here's a neat interview starring Lauren and the others about the original Voltron and the current.

What time do the episodes drop again?

I watch /m/ stuff. It's just there isn't a whole lot you can chat about that's /m/ with this Voltron. We do talk about the lions a fair bit actually (and not just Black is a slut jokes). It's the general consensus here that we like the way the lions have sentience on some level, and that it actually gives them some personality.

3 AM EST/12 Pacific. But I'm not seeing them right now. It's weird.

Shiro was a street fighter. He got serious in the arena to protect Matt the nerd. He runs on the power of friendship.

Yeah that's what I thought. I wonder what the hold up is.

Netflix probably weren't expecting some nerds to sit up til 3 AM to wait for episodes of a badly dubbed anime from the 80's.

>Episodes still not out

They're up. For some reason not in the recently added line but the episodes should be there when you do a search.

IT'S UP

Actually, I was thinking about this recently because it became relevant to my fanfic.

Do you think they'd be capable of following very simple commands? Like simple as in "start your jets when I yell GO." Or maybe it's more of a thing where they just know what they need to do for whatever crazy thing their Paladin is trying to pull off?

>Montgomery: It’s also surreal, too. There’s a fun aspect where you get to go back and re-watch the show and remember all the things that made you fall in love with it, but then there are these other elements where I come back and—our Allura is so different. Not just visually, but in how she acts, and I guess the kind of power she’s portraying. it’s kind of surreal to go and watch the old Allura and my brain has been working in Voltron: Legendary Defender for so long that I’m just pre-programmed now for that show. And now I go, “Oh yeah, I forgot about that Allura. She’s there, too.”

VLD Allura is nothing like DotU Allura and it bugs me. Might as well give her a completely different name then.

I think they just know. It's established there's some sort of mental link. Like all of the times the lions "told" them what to do.

>Montgomery: We just cherry picked from the very original [anime], instead of from Voltron. Albeit Allura, the damsel in the distress act, we kind of chose to leave in the past. I mean, the old Allura wasn’t always a damsel in distress. She had her moments. We just chose to push the power aspect of her a little further into the forefront.

You made Allura an OP borderline Mary Sue. She's basically Girl Power™ the character.

What did Jeff Adams mean by this.

Same here. I honestly don't care for their Allura.

Keith is gonna stew Shiro's beef.

I'm watching the first episode right now, and she's speaking. Her hateboner for original Allura is pretty annoying. And I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the new Allura.

We're two seasons in, I'm sure and hopeful they'll give Allura her blushy moments and general acting like a lady. Remember, this is their ultimate re-imagination of the original. I could see Allura being cute around Keith.

>that obvious Lotor mom
>"Allura"

Gotta love that 80's censoring.

>Joaquim never liked VV
>Lauren never saw VV

Then what the fuck is up with Throk?

This voice acting is absolute gold.

>Her hateboner for original Allura is pretty annoying.

And people called me crazy for accusing Lauren of being a big hater of original Allura. It was always obvious Lauren can't stand the Aryan goddess Allura.

Lauren has no understanding of what "strong female character" means. It doesn't mean they have to be physically or mentally strong. It means they have to be a strongly written character. Princess Fala was groundbreaking for 80s Japanese children's animation. A woman simply fainting, blushing or being a damsel in distress doesn't negate her being a good character.

>tfw they will never get the original cast to do voice cameo

The VLD showrunners are not as cool as they want to appear to be.

Lennie dead and Jack is fucking ancient.

80's Lance is so much cuter than VLD Lance. How did they mess up so badly?

90% of the time Allura fainted was because people were dying horrifically or because there was a fucking cobra hissing inches away from her face.

Classic Pidge's voice very nearly causes me physical pain every time he speaks.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the anons who linked all the fics in the previous thread. I finished the Shendak one where they get married and it's super adorable and one of the best VLD fics I've read, so thanks a bunch!

Even the eyefuck one was hot

She was a pretty bad pilot early on too, but she kept trying. Granted, she fucked up a lot, but you gotta admire her tenacity. Especially being a female character in an 80's show. An 80's anime, no less. The fact that she even piloted at all is remarkable.

God he sounds like a goose being strangled.

She even tried to pilot Black in case the others left.

>mfw Pidge has strong enough legs to choke Lotor

80's Pidge confirmed for stronk

He also caught a fucking horsebound carriage on foot with those stubby legs and he's fucking psychotic. 80's Pidge confirmed Halfling Barbarian.

>Even the eyefuck one was hot
Patrician taste.

Maybe they did a wiki search for Drule names and just picked something they liked.

That's probably exactly what they did.

I'm pretty sure in another interview, they said they never rewatched it while making LD, because they wanted to remember it as it was. I guess now with these episodes coming out, they've gone back and rewatched some of it at least.

Well there goes all the Throk speculation. Goddammit.

He could still end up a major player in S3. It was mentioned in an interview that with Zarkon down the other Galra smell blood in the water. We could have some real Game of Thrones type shit going down next season.

>some real Game of Thrones type shit
I doubt the writers are capable of bringing it to that level of complexity. They probably can't even reach season 2 of W.I.T.C.H.

If it helps, imagine that classic!Pidge is a girl, too.

Hey, who knows? Maybe they've got some tricks up their sleeve. I really do wish they'd bring in a better writer like Ehasz though.

It... does not.

Was Pidge supposed to be a girl in the original Japanese and it got changed for the dub? In the second episode on Netflix he's literally wearing a nightgown.

Nope. Hiroshi/Pidge was a boy in "GoLion".

Pidge is a dude but a lot of kids mistook him for a girl. This is why they turned VLD Pidge into a girl. It's the Voltron that the showrunners "remember".

At least the writing in VLD is miles above Korra.

That's a pretty low bar.

>Pidge is a dude but a lot of kids mistook him for a girl.

Given the dub voice and the character design, this was not exactly an "out of left field" idea. Shit, I have no idea if they ever even referred to Pidge with male pronouns in the classic show.

>'My name is Sven'
My fucking sides

W.I.T.C.H. S2 was really surprising. It had rapid fire pacing and plot twists galore. Caleb being a rape baby shocked me. Sad it never continued.

I know Korra is shit but it's the cartoon people compare VLD to most.

To me VLD feels like ATLA with less filler and more "mature" scenarios.

Why, because they both have brown girls in 'em?

Because they're both by Mir and share many of the same writers.

The alien designs in this show are so boring.

Casual reminder to all deniers and sinners: Klance has been a thing for as long as this show has existed through all its sundry forms. Klance is timeless, ancient, and eternal, with the tenure and tenacity to overwhelm every other heretic ship. Tremble in the knowledge that there has never been a time without Klance, and there will never be a time without Klance. Plead your entreaties to whatever false ships you deign to, they will avail you vermin nothing. Repent of your sins lest you be swallowed by the raging torrent that is Klance.

Where the spirit of Klance is, there is one Truth, apostolic and universal, in timeless faith we so declare, Klance forevermore. May the blessed who herald Klance quench their thirst from the chalice of doubters' tears, and may infidels and idolators of pagan ships that deny Klance gasp for succor in the dust and shit of their own sins, torment without end. Amen.

Yeah, I don't like them much either. OSR did it so much better.

10/10, got a good laugh out of me, even if you are 100% sincere about it.

I hope somebody uploads these somewhere, I wanna watch too.

>inb4 just get a Netflix account

I would but it would be pointless since Voltron isn't available on Netflix in my country.

Agreed. They look too humanoid or too goofy. Nothing which really impresses me.

The OSR aliens had great designs.

It's just not a thread without you, Klanceanon.

Watching the old Voltron without shipping goggles is something else. It's enjoyable. Pretty sure if all of the seasons of Vld were out I'd be enjoying it as it was intended.

There will be inevitable VLD x OSR crossover art when we get the OSR sequel or spin-off.

Yurak's mullet was too good for this sinful world and Lotor's voice makes me wish I were deaf.

Yurak's mullet is so beautiful. It is missed.

I want fanart of the Arusians with the Alwasians.
Snail people and squid people.