Is "Blade Runner" a dystopian movie?

Is "Blade Runner" a dystopian movie?

Well ofcourse, unless you think that a troubled society where food is scarce and all life is dissapearing altogether coupled with a technological blackout is a utopia.

>a small wood carving is worth a fortune because it's made out of real wood
>everyone healthy or rich lives off world
>3 second showers
>grub protein farms are a thing
>child slave labor farms are a thing
>basically everything is run by 1-2 megacorps

Nah

> food is scarce
> all life is disappearing
> technological blackout

Where does that happen in the first movie? I think you're talking about the sequel.

No. It is regulartopia set in the future.

>implying we live a in dystopia today
fucking brainlet

Who said we live in a dystopia today? What?

The blackout actually happens between movies.

How abou the rest?

you did when you said blade runner is a dystopia - which is wrong.
see this is why youre a brainlet with shit reading comprehension

I would hardly call it a "movie".

The sequel certainly is a dystopia

It's more of a mockumentary

Any good torrent yet?

OP is talking about the original Blade Runner. As for the sequel. bluray/torrent in late january.

original - maybe, but you argue its not
2049 - 10000%

For replicants, yes. They live in a dystopia being hunted down or inately discriminated against. For the rest of humans? No? They didn't live in ideal situations but I don't think their lives were inherently dystopian

I would say any universe where bioengineering a slave race of humans is a thing and most people live off world is at least dystopian flavored. If they were just robots with no emotions probably not.

>at least dystopian flavored
kill yourself you dumb pseud

Sorry I'm not up to date on what words are your triggers.

>you TRIGGERED bro? XDXD
kill yourself

It’s a mockumentary about Trumps America and what’s to come.

waifu bots?

Yes. Earth is dying. Everybody who can is ditching the planet.

Only if you donate $50,000 to politicians and corporations because in Trump’s America they won’t allow such gayness, but they’ll be swindled by money. Start saving user

How is that dystopian? You'd expect man to eventually migrate away from earth. How is it at all, unwanted?

>earth is dying

And? Things die. Earth will eventually die. It's inevitable. Still don't get the dystopian nature in it. If you have the means to survive and have a better future, it ain't dystopian.

If it was humanity as a whole transcending earth and migrating off world, I'd agree with you
However, it's only the wealthy leaving to luxurious off world colonies, whilst the vast, vast majority live in a planet that has been raped to hell and back

>grub protein farms are a thing
Why aren't we already doing that? Seems like there'd be a market for it with people who want to be ecologically friendly or whatever.
Or snail-farming. We should totally bring back snail-farming.

You should stop getting so triggered.

Ok I get that then

It does exist but most people don't want to eat something made out of bugs.