Superman is a mask for downhome farmboy Clark Kent

Superman is a mask for downhome farmboy Clark Kent.

Looks like a pussy, i'll bet i could beat his ass

Agreed

This is correct

Wrong, Clark Kent is a mask of Superman. Superman is who he is, the alien from another world.

so is Superman Clark's Persona?

Yup,

Neither Clark Kent nor Superman are masks. That would imly one or the other isn't real, just an act. They're just two different sides of Kal-El. That's why when he's with people like Lois he behaves like a fusion of both instead of one or the other.

Clark is superman, he just has a public clark persona

This doesn't make any sense, Superman doesn't even wear glasses.

Superman is an honest person
Parts of both Superman and Clark are who he truly is.
There is some obscure middle ground between the two that is the true him.
A selfless person who was born on Krypton and raised in Smallville.
Who was taught by Jon and Jor on how to do good.

There is a bit of his true self in all of it.

Why does Clark always act like a doormat in his secret identity life?

I think unlike Bats there isn't a mask for Clark. Superman is him acting like he's in authority while Clark is him acting like he's demure. In reality the only true Clark is somewhere in the middle. We see that around Lois, Ma, Pa, and with his endgame relationship with Bats.

its probably relaxing compared to being the guy the entire world depends on

Technically, Superman is NOT a MASK. So is demonstrably incorrect

This is also demonstrably incorrect. Clark Kent is Clark Kent. Superman WEARS NO MASK. You are, however, correct in stating that Superman is an alien, albeit from a dead world.

You know, one of the things I liked from Morrison's Action Comics is that Clark ditched the suit and tie for a more comfortable but equally concealing out. That was one of the parts I'd like to see passed on.

Oh Superbro. They fucked you up so bad.

Because he finds it amusing.

I'm a marvelfag and haven't really read any Superman. What are the best ones?

Well, he's a refugee, and as Clark, he's american to the bone.

Clark kent can't be superman. He's not important enough to be superman. It's totally inconcievable.

Quentin, please stop peddling this.

Here you go, mate.

After reading all of this, start with the recent 'Superman' and 'Action Comics' runs and you'll be posting in Superman threads with the best of em.

Totally.

But like Grant Morrison's explanation. Him being Kal-El thinking he's Clark Kent pretending to be Superman.

Pre-Crisis yes.

Post-Crisis no.

>Superman is a mask for downhome farmboy Clark Kent.

it depends on the writter.

Byrne pls

This. This nuance is very important for Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

I will say in Clark's case, Clark is closer to the truth than Kal.

Wrong Jamie Lee Curtis is the persona of Clark Kent

Thanks, man.

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is, there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman.

Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us.

Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.

Fuck off Bill you dirty casual

Shut up Bill, you're dead twice over.

He was raised here for almost the entirety of his - that doesn't change his alien status, or if you prefer refugee status.

We're not really disagreeing user.

This is literally the most retarded bullshit Tarantino ever wrote and is nothing more than an example of how he views himself and his shitty self. With self loathing and disdain.

Depends on the version. Pre crisis Superman had Super memory, and had great honor for Kryptonian heritage and a longing for it. Superman is just a farmboy was started after Superman was rebooted.

Superman is the mask in the sense he's not really Clark. He's Clark doing his best to be the symbol he thinks people deserve and he purposefully hides parts of himself because he believes that it's what people need of him. But he also does that as Clark.
It works if you view it as Bill's interpretation.
Bill whom is a sociopathic monster, Bill who unironically says "This hurts me more than it hurts you" to a woman whose friends and lover he just murdered and beat her to death, Bill who spreads mayo with a butcher knife. Bill is Lex Luthor so it works that he'd have a cynical opinion of why Superman would ever stoop to being a lowly human and that only reason of course would be to mock humans. To be a genius among retards and beat his gimp arm on his chest and then when they look away say "lol they really think I'm retarded"
Y'know that works for Bill, so hopefully that was the reason Quentin did it, but who knows.

Superman is a public person as is Clark Kent, so you are demonstrably not correct

Everyone is important, user.

superman doesn't wear a mask you idiot
you're probably thinking of the flash

Nah. They're one and the same, he's as much Superman as he's Clark Kent.
This mask meme needs to die.

JUST SO EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS Quentin is telling a lie here. See Bill is the villain of the piece. In Bill's eyes Kiddo can't be normal, she's not like the rest. Not like the cowards. He see's himself as Superman. When Bill wakes up he's Bill. He's a warrior, a killer, and not a coward. He's wrong of course, Kiddo can become a person. A normal person who loves her child. Hell Bill can too, he cares for his daughter. So in the end all this shows isn't what Superman is but what Bill is.

He even has characteristics of Luthor. He thinks he owns others to the point that nobodies life matters but his. This shows up constantly in the more heinous of Luthor schemes where he kills his employees.

So don't be mad at Quentin, at least for this. Instead be pretty impressed that he understood Superman well enough to tell a complete lie.

I always thought bumbling reporter Clark Kent was the mask, and Superman was just smallville Clark.

no, "clumsy nerd reporter clark kent" is a mask for "superman" is a mask for "downhome famrboy clark kent" who will later learn he is also "kal el last son of krypton"

Look at this inceptionist over here!!!!