Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P4QghULoUfE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuyDly2yWs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mc6RNgydOc.
youtu.be/ezIQnAVVJYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The 70s were weird

That is a kickass poster. And yes, the 70's were very weird. It's like Hidden Gems: The Decade though, the dated aesthetics seem to stop a lot of people from combing through films of the period, while they're totally happy digging up trash from the 80's.

That's a bit of a stretch calling it gem desu

youtube.com/watch?v=P4QghULoUfE

It's fucking fantastic, though.

The Birds, but with kids instead of birds.

Kino Made-for-HBO Gems
>Normal Life
The sexiest, darkest Americana noir since The Last Seduction. Ashley Judd's only great performance and she's fully nude for half the film

>Don King biopic, starring Ving Rhames
Rhames is Pulp Fiction fired up in this. Crazy shit about Jews and blacks that'd never air today.

>12:01
For those few who've seen this or gotten it off CG, it ranks above Groundhog's Day as a sci-fi comedy. Tragically obscure. Jeremy Piven got on HBO's radar with this flick.

>Flashpoint
Lean, dark but fun Border Patrol dramatic thriller noir with Kris Kristofferson and Treat Williams, for fans of Coens and Red Rock West. Sticks the landing hard. Crazy how different border politics were portrayed on HBO here.

I also recommend the non-HBO recent noir, Robber, based on a real life criminal, a champion marathon runner who hit a gazillion banks. It's a bit Point Break, a bit Michael Mann, a bit Von Trier. Never runs out of steam. Stays with you.

I'm not quite sure its a hidden gem but
Kronos: The Vampire Hunter
Kiss of The Vampire
Vampire Circus

These are hidden gems in the Hammer Horror cannon.

This entire show is a hidden gem. A mix of Curb, Sunny and the energy of an adult swim cartoon. It's running gags are frequent unreliable slowmo flashbacks (sometimes for events that happened ten seconds ago) and ripping off the opening credits to a different show each episde (these are really well done). Matt Johnson the creator is a proven indy film maker and the entire production seems very sharp, clever and precise despite being a mocumentary style show; often the show in keeping with it's love of pop culture will emulate different styles and tones based on a certain movie deftly to comedic effect. Good shit..

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuyDly2yWs

The original 1978 Doctor Strange TV movie is pretty damn amazing.

I've always found the show to be a great novelty for me every time I decide to start watching again, but it always wears out fast. Any suggestions on how to approach the show? I'm still interested in it

Is RobotJox as good as Fortress?

Better. It's got giant robots punching each other designed by Ron Cobb.

I was surprised at how emotional the Death of the Incredible Hulk tv movie they put out was. A fitting ending to the series.

Trial of the Incredible Hulk was pretty interesting too. And it has Daredevil and Thor in it.

I remember that. Production value-wise it's pretty shit but the story's interesting.

I don't know man if you don't like it you don't like it but I love it's tale of manic enery, codependence and fuckassing around. I made like the show only has two running gags but it's full if little reoccurring jokes like arrested development. Matt's exploitation of Jay, the fact that both of them seem to constantly encounter common things they are unfamiliar with, the fact that they never try just asking for a gig at the Rivoli instead of trying to trick their way in all the time (SNEAKIN AROUND m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mc6RNgydOc. And it's not exactly clear what they do as a band either. As someone who has been in similar do nothing bands it's pretty great.

Watched this last night and loved it, incredibly underrated. Crossroads 1986 - Walter Hill

It stars the kid from Karate Kid as a teen blues musician that befriends an old black guy that was friends with Robert Johnson in hopes that he could teach him a long lost RJ blues song that was never released. Kid helps the old guy escape the nursing home and goes on a journey to the crossroads (like the song)

The movie ends in an epic guitar battle with the devil played by guitarist Steve Vai

The Steve Vai bit is the reason to watch this film. It's great.

Bump.

Australian monster movie with a giant boar. Lots of unexpected great shots and cinematography

Neat poster

This movie is unbelievably good.

I've seen this, it's pretty good.

One of the best ensemble comedy casts I have ever seen. Based on an equally hilarious book, this film was supposed to be released at the end of 2001. But since the plot hinges largely on shitty airport security, it was pushed back to 2002 and not promoted at all. It's a real shame. No one dresses like this in the movie, by the way. I think someone was trying to cash in on a Get Shorty sort of vibe.

The Hidden (1987)
Searchers 2.0
Coherence (maybe not hidden by Sup Forums standers but still worth a mention)
Let Us Prey
Wake Wood
Executive Target
Deadly Outbreak/Deadly Takeover

Alright maybe they're not all "gems" but they're all pretty good and not well known.
There was also a knock-off by PM Entertainment called "Dr Mordrid" which has stop motion dinosaurs.

THE COMMIE BASTARD GETS NO FOOD

I don't think I've seen Angus Scrimm in something that isn't a Phantasm movie

The chemistry between the two leads is just so much fun to watch.

This movie is incredible. Seek it out immediately.

Ok I will

Same guy directed this classic.

I don't think I've seen anyone ever mention this before on Sup Forums. Just a neat little zombie movie with that quaint 50s feel. Billy Connolly is unrecognizable but plays a great zombie.

>Vice le HASBARA the Show

The most insane movie you'll ever watch. Pure paranoid schizophrenia. Clean, Shaven meets They Live filtered through 70's Television with Lucasfilm sound effects and songs by The Carpenters. Did the "illegally shooting a movie in a theme park" thing a whole decade before Escape from Tomorrow. One cut can be found on vimeo.

Is a TV series fine too?

Sounds amazing. God damn I've got a long backlog from these threads, but this might be heading to the top of the list.

I want that car.

>I want that car.
Automan was created in part by people who worked on the original Tron. It's amazing. Have a documentary, user:

youtu.be/ezIQnAVVJYc

Painfully unfunny, at least that video,