Will it be better or worse than the movie?

Will it be better or worse than the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jz_z7QE9B0
youtube.com/watch?v=pw53kpW3EBc
youtube.com/watch?v=76O3dwgZI3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, the movie's a flaming pile of shit, so it should be easy to one up it.

The movie is an utter dumpster fire. All the comic has to do is not be that and it will be leagues better from the outset.

The movie was fucking fun though and better than most cape origin stories.

Loved the movie, but the majority of this was padded by an issue from the Boom comics. Probably worth a pirate.

>literally indistinguishable ones from others if it weren't by the color

It's not that bad, just basically like Bayformers where there's more time spent on the humans instead of the super aliens kicking each other's asses. But this benefits from the humans and super aliens being the same characters.

>(You)

They only morph in the last twenty minutes and fight mooks for a bit before jumping in the Zords. Then it's so fast and frantic that you can't see shit.

That doesn't really work when the characters are vapid and the conflict of the movie isn't terribly interesting. You can adapt Power Rangers into a movie, you just need to write it in a completely different manner.

Oh grow the fuck up.

>Durr someone likes something that I didn't care for so they're trolling.

No clue. I'm just gonna keep reading the vastly superior Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers comics.
Or maybe just go watch some Super Sentai.

So on a scale of one to Bayformers, how was this movie?

If they had a skirmish half way through the film with a monster or something instead of more teenage angst it could've been a solid 8.5.

Probably a 6.5/10

Motherfucking THIS.

I enjoyed it but it sorely needed another fight scene. It really needed another morphed fight against some of the Puddies. That there was only one in the whole damn thing was kind of a letdown. But it was still decent for what it was, though.

>Allow them to morph inside the command center, maybe just not outside until they learn teamwork
>Rita creates a monster to search for gold while she's still weak
>Rangers morph to fight it and win
>End up getting cocky, cue Zack's zord scene and Zordon's disappointment
>Full of themselves they fight Rita and the movie stays the same from the boat scene.

The actual scene with the putties was excellent and just made me sad because it could've been so much more of the movie, that kind of entertaining fight scene.

I expected a movie budget origin episode of Power Rangers and got exactly that. Also 0 expectations and standards walking in. I got used to their designs too, it's alien tech so it makes sense to me that it looks strange.

So 9/10, it's Pacific Rim levels of fun (when they fight Kaijus) I had ZERO problems with all the characters even with the teenage attitude (:^) and drama.

This. Considering PR's monster-of-the-week formula, it would've been nice seeing more villains than just Rita and Goldar. It was pretty much a sorely missed opportunity and I doubt at least having another putty fight or even just an extended one of what they filmed, would've hurt the budget too badly.

The helmets have been made to look a lot more samey but the designs are still unique

>it's Pacific Rim levels of fun

this is exactly what happens when bayformers is the standard, people get used to shit.

its the first fucking 90s kids return of a franchise to the big screen and its a generic piece of trash that tries to appeal MCU fags plus japanese gimmicks.

this sadness me to no end, already waiting for the reboot.

You don't enjoy giant robots fighting giant monsters?

Honestly user, if you think it's a generic piece of trash like the MCU then by all means go for it. I can't tell you what to enjoy and what not to enjoy, if it's shit to you then it's shit to you.

>You don't enjoy giant robots fighting giant monsters?

Too bad that doesn't even happen until the last 10 minutes of the damn movie. To even call this Power Rangers is borderline false advertising.

I meant for Pacific Rim. Was that a no, user?

The movie isn't even anything like the MCU. It's way more 'Transformers' than 'MCU'.

It's by no means a good movie and even for what it's trying to be, it fails in some ways, but it wasn't that bad.

The Power Rangers TV series was only so much better about not overstalling the costumes and robots.

Bayformers is awful, but somehow managed to be better than Power Rangers

>robot only fights monsters during the last 10 minutes
So... exactly like an average Power Rangers episode?

Power Rangers episodes are generally about 22 minutes long. Even if the robot fights are only 4 minutes long that's still almost 20% of the episode.

10 minutes out of a 2 hour movie is nothing.

Does this include the individual zords in action?

doesn't the robot/kaiju stuff only happen for the last couple minutes?

pacific rim was allowed to be a shitty, stupid, fun movie because it spent more time in the cockpit than it did out.

if you're going to focus on characters more than stupid robots, you're not allowed to say "but it's just as fun as pacific rim!"
pacific rim is my favorite movie.

So... Like an episode of Power Rangers?

youtube.com/watch?v=0jz_z7QE9B0
youtube.com/watch?v=pw53kpW3EBc
youtube.com/watch?v=76O3dwgZI3c

Most MCU movies are just like Bay movies too, stop this meme that any Marvel movie has been "smart" or "witty" or that any has even been more than an average popcorn flick aside from the first couple that came out prior to Disney

>Most MCU movies are just like Bay movies too
I'm actually sad people like you exist. But then again, Trump is president.