Would you work for Hank Scorpio even after you learned his motives...

Would you work for Hank Scorpio even after you learned his motives? I think a benevolent dictator is superior to an apathetic democracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Couldn't even give Homer the Dallas Cowboys

He gave him the Denver Broncos. Gotta work your way up, just like Hank!

To Hell and back, Mr. Scorpio!

Absolutely.

They briefly considered making him the villain of the movie, but quickly discarded that idea because he was just too likable, hence why it's someone else with the same voice.

Yes. I would get all the hammocks for Hank Scorpio.

>characters get the life they've always wanted
>they get bored and start missing their old, shitty life

It's called "getting new hobbies", you retards.

Fuck yes

>Scorpio!
>He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth.
>Beware of Scorpio!
>His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world
>And his employees' health.
>He'll welcome you into his lair
>Like the nobleman welcomes his guest
>With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest!
>But beware of his generous pensions
>Plus three weeks paid vacation each year
>And on Fridays, the lunchroom serves hot dogs and burgers and beer!
>He loves German beer!

Seriously that sounds great. I get more paid vacation than that, but sometimes you just wanna feel like you matter in a job

Is there anything else that exists which is similar to this episode? I really like the bizarre/conflicting setting/characters from it. Was it inspired by something else?

Hank is a chill dude, Id work for him.

>I think a benevolent dictator is superior to an apathetic democracy.
I also believe this in the same way that I believe unicorns are beautiful, and that an alien civilization would be extremely friendly once they contact us, and that Bigfoot is probably just shy.

but user you should just be happy with your shitty life you have and never ever try and do better

way ahead of you m8

elaborate

Well it borrows very heavily from James Bond and the question of "why do evil organization goons work for evil organizations?"

Clearly they have to have SOME motivation. Having an excellent boss who cares about you is the Simpsons answer

He's saying benelovent dictators don't exist

Oh hell yeah

benevolent dictator is an oxymoron. If you were benevolent you wouldn't dictate anything

tell that to Singapore or the countries of former Yugoslavia

I want to see actual main villains of shows be like Hank Scorpio.
I'm so fucking tired of LOOK I JUST KILLED MY OWN MINION, AREN'T I FUCKING EVIL?
I want to see more villains that genuinely care for their underlings.

What if you're genuinely concerned for people and are the best fit for the position? Should a vote be opened with the chance that someone with less skills/ulterior motives gets the job?

Depends on your worldview.

If you're not ancap you believe there should be a governing force, and most people think that there should be a person dictating what simply cannot be done because it IS benevolent, so as to protect them. Think consumer safety laws and the like.

>I want to see more villains that genuinely care for their underlings.

I know right? I remember see an example here once in an old thread, where this Villain's General fucked up and was standing before him ready to be killed, and the Villain just up an says more or less, "Yeah, you failed, but you're still a valuable asset to my army. You've been victorious for me many times and this failure means nothing. Now go get some rest, there's more work to be done."

Yeah, sure he's probably going to destroy everything in the long run, but just that little thing right there makes me think it wouldn't be the WORST thing to follow him...

I wish I could find the page, I know I saved it somewhere...

>voting will magically conjure a pure candidate and not draw out all the garbage

No way. You might as well ask a spy to put a bullet through you.

I already do

I kinda wish he was in the movie

Or he saw what happened to Springfield, remembered Homer lived there and sent his forces in to fight the EPA

Hell yeah, that house they got was comfy as all fuck

"Project Arturus wouldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a step closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys but it's a start. Drop me a line if your in the East Coast, Hank Scorpio."

"....."

"AW, THE DENVER BRONCOS?!"

>purple wood in the fire place

Damn right I would! My dream is to be a high ranking henchman for Mr Scorpio

The Broncos have been way better than the Cowboys since this episode aired

>Broncos go 13-3 the year of
>win the next 2 super bowls
>played in super bowl XLVIII and won SB 50

>cowboys haven't been better than 13-3 or made it to the conference championship since

Frankly, Scorpio had an eye for talent and gave homer the superior option

>staircase transitions into a ceiling fence

Thank you!

Should've picked the Browns. Also the Broncos won the superbowl within a year when the episode aired.

Yes. We should all strive to be the Hank Scorpios of the world.

Augustus and Julius Caesar you fucking nig nog

Nah he's saying the opposite

If you're a great dictator, should you allow democracy despite the fact anyone who tries to run against you is probably gonna be shit?

I work as a cashier right now, so I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of working as a faceless mook for a corporate overlord. Way I see it Scorpio is just more money and perks for a slightly more villainous purpose. Sounds pretty good to me.

I already work for a multinational ambiguously evil company that treats their employees fairly well, so the only real difference would be moving from ambiguous evil to outright evil. Still would do it through.

I used to be the same, but about 2 years ago the business decided it could be evil externally AND internally and now it's no longer a pleasant place.

I would except for the fact that evil henchmen still end up dying due to the heroes, even if the boss treats them nicely. No thanks I don't want to die.

Welcome to Plato's I think look on government

monarchy >>> good democracy > bad democracy >>> tyranny (aka bad monarchy)

>they get bored and start missing their old, shitty life
but homer never really missed his old life.
his family was just shitting on him

>Bart: get a tutor and catch up, Springfield won't make you less stupid
>Lisa: antihistamines
>Marge: take up painting or something, make some fucking friends

Bam. Everyone's better off.

Absolutely. Democracy is a complete failure that turns politics into a war of all against all and puts people unworthy to lead in power.

Would you say that if Hillary won?

In the movie Network there's a really powerful and sinister scene where a powerful businessman lays out his plan to fill humanity's every need and want by making everyone on earth a slave of one global corporation. It's done in such a way that you have a visceral negative reaction to the idea, but start questioning why it would be so bad.

As long as he didn't hire niggers or women I would be ok with it. Black people smell so bad and are so ugly.

They were hardly benevolent to the people on their ever expanding borders.

Yes.
The obvious solution is to relinquish control if the nation to a hyper intelligent AI.

Get the hell out of here, Denton.

>getting in power because you just happen to be born to the correct family

this has put literal retards in power. it is not the greatest idea.

Why contain it?

It was the family's fault
Bart was retarded
Lisa has apparently never heard of pills that help with allergies
Marge refuses to get out and do things with other people

monarchy as in, single ruler
And there's a reason bad monarchy was placed as literally the worst in the list

youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

What's stop a bad person for getting into power?

Most modern democracies have a balance of power that stops one person from ruining everything if a bad guy gets into power. What happens if a bad guy becomes the new dictator?

>Lisa has apparently never heard of pills that help with allergies
If allergies are bad enough, as they probably were given how sick she was, medication doesn't always help in any significant way.

...what exactly are we disagreeing about? So far I think you've gotten the gist of what the list meant

I swear, Sup Forums gets worse by the day.

>...what exactly are we disagreeing about?

that giving absolute power to somebody is retarded

>dude dictatorships are ok if the dictator is a good guy lmao

really made me think

He treats better their employees, so I would work for him. Even though his organization is similar to the brotherhood of nod

>giving absolute power to somebody is retarded
More like a crapshot, but yeah. The stability of democracy vs the extreme highs and lows of a monarchy.

>G*uls
>G*rmanics
>People

Best get your priorities straight user. Besides, this is about living under one.

On that note, the original Rollerball really tries to tackle this idea as well. At least from what the film shows us, the corporate society it envisions seems to work pretty well.

He's a leftist

>Values his employees
>Hates bureaucracy
>Cool guy to hang out with
>Actually lets you quit instead of joining his evil organization for life

I'd follow Hank Scorpio to hell and back.

Aren't the Rollerball events themselves a blood and circuses affair, used to distract the citizens from how bad it really is?

Out of all the people in the family, Homer is the most open to change, despite how the other's like to take shots at him. Marge cannot embrace the perfect life she desires, Bart cannot move forward in life without goofing off, and Lisa cannot change unless there is a moral high ground involved, allowing her to get smug satisfaction over her Midwestern peers.