Turns out the Spidercide looking abomination of a costume with the mouth only lasts 2 issues

Turns out the Spidercide looking abomination of a costume with the mouth only lasts 2 issues.

Has Marvel ever backtracked faster than they did with Scarlet Spider's costume? The series isn't even out yet and they already gave up on it

Spider-Skeleton.
Spidercide himself was a pretty quick backtrack when fans weren't buying that he was the real Peter.
Vermin was such a quick backtrack during the Clone Saga that it was swapped back in the next fucking week.

Spider-Ben costume is still best.

Thank fuck. This right here is one of my favouritr Spider-Costumes. Shame Slott ruined the character beyond any possible believable redemption.

Marvel Now 2.0 didn't have any X-titles on their list and when they realized that Inhumans weren't popular they threw together some titles and quietly looked for people to work on them.

His ankle pouches are awful.

Your ankle pouches are awful!

You take that back this instant.

Hulk in the avengers was a pretty fast backtrack. Issue #1 he is in it. By #2 he leaves.....and has to be credited as guest star right away?

Its so absurd. Its like Avengers was trying to mimic an actor that was being tough to work with or something, it so silly it makes my brain hurt.

I have the sick feeling that sad roster of creators and casts is the best current Marvel can manage.

It's kind of unfortunate. Other artists made the costume look decent, and even the preview makes it look better than it did on the cover of the first issue. Not that any of this matters, though. It's still not really Ben and I still have no hope for this series.

Hopefully it's not Spidercide in ben's suit.

It's not Ben, anyway.

It's the closest thing you're getting to Ben so for all intents and purposes he is Ben.

I'd rather see Ben from the 2009 Clone Saga.

They can insist he's Ben all they want. It won't win me over.

I read that as 2099 and thought of flipside.

Even if they retconned his little Jackal phase as brain washing from Miles Warren?

He's literally not Ben though. Just a clone of Ben.

It's like if Marvel told us Kane and Ben were really Peter

I was hoping that would be the case since it would mean Ben was really back and it would explain why he's such a crazy asshole now. But they've already shown that this Ben is just the 27th in a series of copies, and I really doubt they'll reveal that those were fake memories.

Yea the ending of Clone Conspiracy basically proved that with the ending when they revealed that the originals were in cold storage including Prowler who had no idea what happened. Kinda the story shooting itself in the foot of you ask me

But Ben is a clone and this Ben is a clone of a clone so... I have no idea where I'm going with this.

It was bad enough when it looked like Hobie had been killed off and replaced with a clone in the same issue. Revealing that the real Hobie had been alive the whole time made the first five issues of his recent series a complete waste. I never expected it to last long, but I doubt this helped.

Slott probably thinks that "resurrecting" Ben by cloning him was clever.

This