Will we ever get a third series?

Never

>we will never get a third season written and directed by gendy tartakovsky

There was a sequel to ATLA?

Never hopefully!!!

Like, seriously, why would you want one? All Korra proved is that ATLA should've stayed stand alone, with it's horrible characters and even more convoluted plot. What would a third series offer in any way or form?

We'll never get a 3rd season with a shy firebender avatar, lazy earth bender, quirky air bender, and smug water bender.

I hope not. The first one was a happy accidental convergence of all the right shit. Second was shit converging into a accident.

Hahaha keep dreaming moron
Genndy isn't really that great with keeping up with continuity which is imperative in a show like Avatar

>shy firebender avatar

DAMMIT BRYKE

>not third series with monotone Earth bender Avatar, street racing, Metal Gear espionage, and 70's Yakuza gangs.

>Genndy isn't really that great with keeping up with continuity which is imperative in a show like Avatar
b u l l s h i t

>>Shy firebending avatar
>>She's too scared to burn people
>>Would prefer to cook her meals using her own fire, like roasting marshmellows
>>Does party tricks and dangerous acts like swallowing a fire sword, jumps through burning hoops
>>Whenever she's pissed, she breathes fire like a dragon and incinerates everything in her path

I hope they shake it up with the Earthbender.

The whole concept of the Avatar is conservative. The Avatar knocks down conquerors, radicals and before Aang anybody that tries messing with the 4 seperate nations. Which is why the bad guys all see the removal of the Avatar as a vital step. They can't change the world, without taking the Avatar out.

But now the Avatar cycle has been wiped clean, with only Korra to advise the new Avatar. And Korra is shit at advice.

So the Earthbender Avatar wants to be a world Uniter, ending all wars and trying to create a utopia. Maybe they grew up during a Great War, where the many nations created out of the Earth kingdom fight each other, with all the others pitching in on either side.

Maybe also a anti technology bent, as the war is horrific because of the tech.

So they gather a band of followers and conquer their way to victory.

How about a series that takes place in a post-apocalyptic future?

Yeah. Four seasons in total. How'd you miss it? We talked about it non-stop while it was on, and during the S1 finale the board was legitimately 90+% Korra.

From what I understand the Avatar's don't really give a shit as long as the nations keep to themselves and don't piss them off. Kyoshi didn't give a single fuck about Chin overthrowing the Earth King and conquering 99.99% of the Earth Kingdom until he reached her village. Yangchen, who was pretty much white Korra, was so hardcore that Kuruk didn't have to worry about shit during his lifetime. You don't have to physically conquer to rule the world, as long as you respect the borders the Avatar can't do shit.

He's implying that LoK is shit and not a good successor to ATLA you dumbdumb

Fuck no fuckkkkk no. The first one was a beautiful mistake. korra was an ugly mismanagement of madness. Bolin/varrek and tsulee were the only sane characters

That face in the lower right is terrifying.

>But now the Avatar cycle has been wiped clean, with only Korra to advise the new Avatar. And Korra is shit at advice.

I think that's something that could be handwaved away easily enough. Just because the tapeworm got the snot beaten out of it with Korra and Korra was a spiritual shitter it just took a few decades and Korra's death for the tapeworm to restore the backups. Or even that it could become a plot point for Dirtbender to sort it out.
Though I think we lose nothing if they do nothing further with the franchise.

Korra was a mistake and ruined the franchise from ever being continued with:

- Its myriad retcons

- Forcing the timeskip to somehow go from rural 1200 China with some moderate steampunk to 1920s in the course of 25 years. (Republic city was already in the 20's when Aang was fighting Yakone somehow.)

- with its moraless lead character who has absolutely no growth and gets near instant gratification to everything for 3 whole seasons while still jobbing like crazy

- overt amount of romantic subplots that wasted half of the first 3 seasons airtime

- Retconing bending altogether in an illogical way with Wan

Did you watch the first 4 seasons, or are you one of those bandwagon jumpers who thinks they know everything about the show from Sup Forums?
Or do you actually think someone here cares about one of his other shows?

>rural 1200 China
>They had tanks, submarines, bombs, airships, trucks, a monorail, a GIANT FUCKING DRILL, elevators, and even jet skis in ATLA.
Keep shitposting, user.

First off like I said, any aspects of technology that appear are purely fire nation and are steampunk at best.

Second the airships were literally invented during the show and using Firebending as the catalyst. Pretty much all of those except the tanks and the drill were all powered by benders.

All the technology in Korra with the exception of some excess electricity is purely manmade.

Radios, mechs, cars, planes, phones, radios, jet skis, microphones, megaphones, PA systems, domestic electrical line systems, the light bulb, elevators(non earthbender powered), cameras, motion picture capturing devices, snow mobiles, nukes, actual trains without benders.

So it's plausible that they found the way to make reversible tanks capable of climbing mountains just because they are powered by fire?

>Third series
>Set after two hundred years of TLOK
>The world is in absolute shitters, the spirit wilds are out of control, most of the land is uninhabitable, humanity is on the brink of extinction
>Lion Turtles are back, but their ideas are horrible, and they are split between two camps (one wants to eradicate humanity altogether, the other wants to recreate it with Lion Turtle magic)
>Earth Avatar chilled out and did nothing in his entire lifetime, just let the shit hit the fan and blamed Korra for everything
>It is now up to the Fire Avatar to do something
>No way to fix the world, it is fucked
>The two Lion Turtle controlled empires wage a suicidal war on each other and are developing WMDs
>The only glimmer of hope is the ruined Republic City that might become the last safe haven for humanity
>The task is given, godspeed Fire Avatar!

I would watch this.

Well all their creations were coal and steam powered, which were products of applied firebending in tandem with mechanics.

The Tanks themselves were designed by the mechanists when they blackmailed him into creating war machines for them.

Seeing how he is pretty much the only intelligent engineer with applied knowledge of mechanical functions of the 6 simple machines, it makes sense that he would develop steam powered tanks for them to pilot using firebending and coal powered war ships that they would better utilize with firebending.

Its basic engineering with magic as a catalyst and it more believable than inventing every turn of the century invention with only lightning bending being used as a backup battery for powersources in housing domestic power.

Hell all the Sato Industries creations and Earth Kingdom's war trains make no sense because they just work on electrical sources that aren't even possible today (and they don't have lightning benders constantly there so how does it work?)

If Republic City and Korra's world still utilized bending for things instead of the general population instantly having all the technology of the 20s it wouldn't seem so stark a difference.

There is no magic (except for excess energy reserves from Lightning bending) to expedite their technology.

At the end of the last comic when aang is 15, the most tech we see is fire nation steam powered trains, again, powered by benders. And there isn't even a readily available education system for anything other than survive(water tribe) indoctrination (fire/earth) unless the White Lotus had something up their ass outside of being the illuminati.

Suddenly by the time of Aangs is 40 we have learned non-magic applied thermodynamics, hydrolics, electricity, circuitry, radio frequency comprehension, and battery technology?

Laser beam cannons

Please no. Even my schadenfreude has limits.

Fuck no. Between the retconning, the plot holes, the horrible character design, the love triangle, and completely throwing away the world they built in the original series for some prohibition era theme, it's never coming back.

Because the creators forgot what made it good.

just the fact that they developed so much technology during peacetime what took us hundreds of years with multiple wars and no powers to hold us back, it's really stupid.

The dumbest part though isn't the logical. It's how empty and soulless the world is. The original avatar had an ancient asiatic world whose many cultures reflected the bending and the real world people they were designed after.

All of that was thrown away for no fucking reason.

You're 100% fucking wrong. The tanks were just big metal boxes powered by firebenders, hardly tech related. The air balloons and drill were the only relatively advanced tech. Everything else you mention was powered by bending not modern technology.

Then Korra jumps ahead to somehow have radios, airplanes, guided missiles, stun batons, fucking mech suits?

I don't remember seeing a firebender powering the jetskis or the Boiling Rock freezers.

here come the retards crying about how korra killed it the only place that comes up with that shit are retards on Sup Forums

Hopefully not. Korra was fucking trash.

this

>Korra killed the avatar line
>The next avatar will only have her to ask advice from
>The avatar who literally always made the wrong decision in pretty much every scenario she was in

The earth avatar is fucked.

Calling someone a retard doesn't change the fact that Korra is a stinking turd.

If anything Korra would appear to be a fantastic avatar to following generations for stopping the equalist uprising, the spirit apocalypse that comes every ten thousand years, bringing back the airbenders and throwing Earth Ozai into prison.

>*uhhh, just button off your shirt and twirl your hair like this, i dunno it always worked for me and someone did my heavy lifting*

Not if Nickelodeon has anything to say about it

I doubt they will remember the end of humanity very fondly when the spirits sperg out again.

I also doubt the earth kingdom people remember her fondly when they have to live through years of civil war between different warlords again now that the only negating factor (Kuvira) is gone and Korra made their king abdicate.

i love how you retards think she is some kind of retard get over yourself

Korra sucked bro, get over it and move on

They'll love her just like the Fire Nation loves Aang despite spending 100 years being taught that the war was a good thing for their country

>I also doubt the earth kingdom people remember her fondly when they have to live through years of civil war between different warlords again now
They already lived through that when Zaheer murdered the Queen, then they lived through a tyrant, now they'll be able to set up proper states with democratically elected leaders.

>that the only negating factor (Kuvira) is gone
Oh no, the tyrant is gone, what ever will they do?

>and Korra made their king abdicate.
No, he chose to and wants the Earth Kingdom to split up into states similar to the United Republic

Ignore them, they're some of the resident Korra haters on this board who have to make their opinion known in ever avatar thread.

They think that their personal opinion is somehow objective fact in any way, shape, or form. They can't handle different opinions .

You're ignoring one major fact: there was no electricity generation shown in ATLA; in LOK, on the other hand, it's widely available because of lightning bending becoming widespread.

Now consider what happened with real-world tech when electricity become readily available.

>She is some kind of retard
Waifufag detected. We are talking about the series, not your shit waifu.

I liked LOK and would watch whatever they put out. The lesbian ship seemed to come out of nowhere though.

I loved atla and Lok.

Everyone in this places loves to hate Korra.
But they just have to go back to what made avatar, avatar. But keep the fight scenes like Lok. I hope if it is a sequel to Lok that they won't advance the technology anymore.

>Will we ever get a third series?
Only if it's a reboot to replace Korra with a sequel that's not so much of a fucking mess.

The fire nation wasn't as happy about Ozai as the schools wanted them to be, plenty of fire nation citizens were oppressed by the army, like that village in The Painted Lady.

How will they democraticly elect anyone without a democracy or a possibility to vote? Every state will more likely claim that they're the rightful rulers of the land or the warlords that existed under the queen will set up their own states and wage war on each other. It'll be a mix of the middle east and eastern europe.

The only peace keeping tyrant is gone. Kuvira was a tyrant for sure, but it kept the peace in the land, her organisation got dismantled along side with the monarchy, now they have no government at all.

And it was because of what he learned in Korras company, the people will see her as having influenced him into abdicating.

This isn't even about Korra as a character, but the choices she was forced to make have insanely bad consequences for everyone. Her leaving the world to fend for itself doesn't help an allready unstable situation. And i personally blame Bryke entirely for all these bad decisions.

I liked LoK but my hatred over the last minute asspull that was Korrasami prevents me from caring about any stuff following it like the new comics.

Look, it's a tv show, getting rid of Kuvira will fix everything in the Earth Kingdom just like making Zuko Fire Lord fixed everything in the Fire Nation.

They should take the setting and the ideas of bending and eastern mysticism and stick with that. Keep bryke far away from it since they clearly don't know what they're doing and Bryan seems more interested in Sci-fi styles anyway so let him ruin that instead.

Too bad they're focusing on pandering with the comics instead of something worthwile.

>Implying people ever cared about korra

the show lost nearly 75% of its audience over the course of 27 episodes. Korra killed the franchise.

Bryke pls leave

your stupid

I see no problem occuring in the Avatar Korra period and focusing on the obscure bending sects. A Boomer, Lava Bender a young Air Nomad and a Water Bender from a airid region.

They can handwave it away all they want, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't follow logicly from the story.

With Zuko atleast he had the support of every nation aswell as being the actual crown prince of the fire nation, he was their rightful leader and was blessed by the avatar to do his work there. And in the comics it appears he actually did have to work for his position aswell.

Korra can't get recognition for doing literally nothing to help these people and instead fuck up their lives several times in the show. It can't just be magic'd away because they need a "happy" ending.

Which by the way, they could have made, but for some reason decided not to do in favor of pandering. They could have had Korra deal with the spirit tension and the earth kingdom in an epilogue, but no, Asami was sad or some shit, better focus on that.

not an argument

>he was their rightful leader
He was banished and regarded as a traitor in the Fire Nation according to the prison guard in Boiling Rock.

>people watched LoK after the laughable ending to the first season

>How will they democraticly elect anyone without a democracy or a possibility to vote?
They'll set one up, get some representatives from each former state to meet and work out borders and shit like that.

>The only peace keeping tyrant is gone. Kuvira was a tyrant for sure, but it kept the peace in the land,
barely

>her organisation got dismantled along side with the monarchy, now they have no government at all.
which makes it the perfect time to completely change their form of government and everything. There's no war, no chaos, no anarchy, no tyrants.

Posts that don't have an argument to begin with don't deserve serious replies, like your previous post.

Did he ever get the chance to though?

He still royal blood, and the only sane one left. With his father dethroned by the Avatar, Zuko is really the only choice left.

Who will set it up though? The guys who tried and failed the last time?

Say what you will about Kuvira but she did keep the bandits out of her territory. And built railroads i guess.

The country is once again split into different states who want power. Now that there is no direct leader they can work for their own expansion. Not to mention the bandits who apparently could bully entire states as it is how would they not take the chance to set up their own lands. And what about Kuvira officers or soldiers, are they just going to accept whoever the RC sends in after jailing Kuvira? I don't think so.

As i said, they can try to handwave it away, but any reasonable person should see that it won't work, in part because of the way Bryke choose to end the show.

Yes, definitely. It will be call The Legend of Korra GO!

>Air Bender Avatars get a flying Bison
>Water Bender Avatars get a polar bear dog thing
>We don't know what an Earth Avatar gets
>Fire Bender Avatar gets a fucking dragon

Being a fire bender avatar sound dope as fuck

>numbers

Itunes sales were solid along the whole series.

You somehow instantly understand concepts of physics, chemistry, radiography, and technician trades that never existed before nor was there ever a proper field of study in your entire planet?

And on top of that, how the fuck did they figure out electricity?

Benjamin franklin started to get the beginning understanding of the extensive properties of Electricity in 1767, and we didn't get an actual Direct Current power grid in small towns in the US until 1880s, over 100 year WITH the enlightenment movement a myriad of academic institutions to study and spread the understanding and practice of it.

Korraverse somehow got the understanding of non-magical electricity, currents, and fucking ALTERNATING CURRENTS in just 25 years with no academia in hard sciences, no formal institutions of education outside of the inner circle of Ba Sing Se (wouldn't share with the world) and the less science more indoctrinating Fire Nation Schools, and Water Tribe schools that are more about surviving.

Its ludicrous to think they could create these non-magical creations when they've been dependant on magic their entire existence but suddenly they can comprehend various studies without any groundwork.

How are the comics doing, in sales? If they're good we could potential get a sequel or continuation of this series.

They seem to be doing well enough to get five different trilogies.

But there definitely isn't as much hype for them as when the first one came out.

The LoK comics aren't out yet, in fact they've just been further delayed a few weeks ago.

Who cares? The only people who still care about the continuation of this series are the drooling Tumblr retards. So if there was a 3rd season, expect copious amounts of obnoxious pandering fluff and hamfisted social issues that would make Rebecca Sugar blush

>Katara's hair

>korra was good.jpg

I feel sorry for the earthbender avatar. Quality advice from Korra, I'd bet.

i love this meme

I'm just saying, it comes off as unrealistic and a starch shock of contrast between the prior lore, world, and time conveyed by the season before, and the result.

Imagine watching 1 season of a show set in the universe of the Witcher franchise, and then the next season set 50 years later suddenly is in the 1920s.

Doesn't that completely out of place.

I always thought it'd be neat if we got a 3rd series that focused on a lazy earthbender who has no interest in being the avatar and feels the world will be fine without him

"Avatar Korra, I need your wisdom. I have to learn the elements but nobody believes I'm the avatar, not even the white lotus! I've tried learning from other benders but I just can't pick it up. How do I do it all by myself? Sozin's comet is coming!"

JUST YELL AND DO THINGS YOUR OWN WAY UNTIL YOU GET YOUR WAY!

DON'T WORRY, I HAD PROBLEMS WITH AIRBENDING TOO. JUST NEVER TRAIN OR TRY TO BE SPIRITUAL AND GET REALLY EMOTIONAL AND ANGRY. THEN YOU'LL JUST BECOME A MASTER AND BE ABLE TO DO MASTERY TECHNIQUES IN LIKE A MONTH OR 2!

ALSO DON'T WORRY, IF YOU EVER GET INTO TROUBLE, JINORA WILL BAIL YOU OUT WITH SPIRIT BULLSHIT.

>Third series
>Avatar is a gay transgender Earthbender who wants to defy Avatar traditions because why not
>Goes around experiencing the world and fighting prejudice
>No fighting, almost entirely SoL
>New avatar talks to Korra only, who completely approves of everything
>All villains are giant stereotypes
>Original lore is retconned even further to make it seem like the Avatar was supposed to be this way

how assblasted are you retards to make posts like this

>But now the Avatar cycle has been wiped clean, with only Korra to advise the new Avatar. And Korra is shit at advice.
I honestly feel bad for the next avatar. To have only Korra as your guide must be disappointing when you realize the avatar had access to all of them, all the way to the first Wan.

All airbenders got a flying bison.

If you guys could write the next Avatar series, what it be about?

Mini series of Roku's life up until the point where the war starts.

How do you think this guy died? He was only 33 at the time of death

Earth Avatar during the first unification of the Earth Kingdom.

Or a mini series of Korra fixing the earth kingdom, the spirit tension or somehow reconnecting with the lost avatars.

It would focus on the spirits pacts by non-bender people who received bending powers in exchange for their services or fulfill a certain deal with the spirits.

>33
Well, it is anything like Jesus' death, it's probably a brutal, tortuous death by public execution mandated by the masses and officiated by some public figurehead.

Fuck earthbending I really want to see a main character that starts with firebending.

Earthbending>>>>>>>>>>>>>Firebending

He slipped on a puddle of water and broke his neck.

suicide because his Wife was a faceless husk and he was constantly taunted by a millipede.

Avatar Wan's episodes looked awesome and easily could have been its own show.