What's the consensus on Coraline, Sup Forums?

What's the consensus on Coraline, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oi9gtzslraI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's bretty good. I'd say the best of the Laika films.

it nice

Sup Forums thinks it's amazing. I didn't care for it at all. Thought it was boring, and the main character was a massive cunt.

What was bad about her?

underrated kino

for some reason even though I didn't find it scary I still have nightmares about it every once in a while

I like the ghost kids

It's very good, but Laika has made better films since.

Kubo > Paranorman > Coraline > Boxtrolls

Besides the fact that she was obnoxious and shitty to everyone around her including the one kid that wanted to be friends with her? I get the excuse is "she's a preteen who just moved, they're going to be moody", and that's fine, but it doesn't endear her to me at all, especially when shes like that through out the entire movie.

Why is the character being a cunt a bad thing

>especially when shes like that through out the entire movie.
She's not though. By the end of the film she's heavily warmed up to Wybie and she's being friendly to the other residents, to the point of defending the blue guy from her parents (He's not an alcoholic mom, he's just eccentric!). If she was still acting like a bitch by the end you might have a point but she isn't, she has a clear character arc.

>kino
Get out!

This.

It's very probably the best Laika film. Love the music, love the animation, and I quite like the character. She's flawed, but believably so, and honestly I just love the fairytale setting so much.

this.

I think you should see the movie once again, you seem very biased toward her and I don't know why.

my faverino Laika film. Quality stop start movie desu.

Bur she warms up to Wibey later in the movie though user.

I like Kubo and the Two String better, but you are probably right, Coraline is probably the better movie

I really like it, but damn the book must be creepy. As a Laika film, with that beatiful stop motion, the impact of most of the weird shit is diminished. Imagine all this shit in live action.

I think Paranorman is just a bit above Coraline, but really it's hard to choose I love them both

Pretty good.

Coraline > Kubo > ParaNorman

>you seem very biased toward her and I don't know why.
Because she was extremely unlikable in every way. She was not a character I gave a fuck about at all.
Barely. I remember her still calling him "why were you born" at the very end.

Pretty fucking excellent, though part of me will always wonder about their original plan of it having original songs done by They Might Be Giants. The only one that remained was cool, I wonder what else they could've come up with.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oi9gtzslraI