Ari Folman is the greatest animation director alive today. Are you ready for his Anne Frank kino?

Ari Folman is the greatest animation director alive today. Are you ready for his Anne Frank kino?

>The feature-length film follows the journey of Kitty, the imaginary friend to whom Anne dedicated her diary.
>A fiery teenager, Kitty wakes up in the near future in Anne Frank’s house in Amsterdam and embarks on a journey to find Anne, who she believes is still alive, in today’s Europe.
>While the young girl is shocked by the modern world, she also comes across Anne’s legacy.

variety.com/2017/film/news/ari-folman-where-is-anne-frank-backup-films-1201977479/

Goddamn Jews.

I'm ready for the exponential increase in anne frank rule 34 as a result of this project.

>Anne/Kitty yuri
Gonna be noice.

Huh, is this indie?

I'm waiting for someone to post the copypasta.

>Ari Folman is the greatest animation director alive today.
I didn't realize Japan has suddenly sunk into the ocean.

This sounds really weird.

Although Kitty may have been initially inspired by one of Anne's prewar friends (Kitty Egyed), at least initially, so that makes it weirder.

At least it's not an adaptation of that weird ass YA novel from the perspective of the teenage boy in the attic which implies he wanted to fuck her.

Is that giant worms?

Sounds interesting, but I can easily see it turn into a complete shitshow.

>which implies he wanted to fuck her
you dont?

Not really looking forward to more bastardizations of Anne Frank. To quote "Who Owns Anne Frank?"

>... the story of Anne Frank in the fifty years since The Diary of a Young Girl was first published has been bowdlerized distorted, transmuted, traduced, reduced; it has been infantilized, Americanized, homogenized, sentimentalized; falsified, kitschified, and in fact, blatantly and arrogantly denied.

>... nearly every edition ... is emblazoned with words like "a song to life," "a poignant delight in the infinite human spirit." Such characterizations rise up in the bitter perfume of mockery. A song to life? The diary is incomplete, truncated, brokenoff; or rather, it is completed by Westerbork ... and by Auschwitz, and by the fatal winds of Bergen-Belsen.

>... both Miep Gies ... and Hannah Goslar, Anne's Jewish schoolmate and the last ot hear her tremulous cries in Bergen-Belsen, objected to Otto Frank's emphasis on the diary's "truly good at heart" utterance. That single sentence has become, universally, Anne Frank's message, virtually her motto--whether or not such a credo could have survived the camps. But why should this sentence be taken as emblematic, and not, for example, another? "There's a destructive urge in people, the urge to rage, murder, and kill," Anne wrote on May 3, 1944, pondering the spread of guilt. These are words that do not soften, ameliorate, or give lie to the pervasive horror of her time. Nor do they pull the wool over the eyes of history.

Can't let the new generation ever forget the 60 gorillion

Yes. It's from some concept art Ari reveled in 2015. Everything is very trippy and weird.

Anne and Peter go inside a radio

Puppet Kitty

Puppet Anne

trippy Allied invasion turns into a fantasy

Waltz with Bashir was pretty good, also truthful and not just Israeli propaganda. I think we can trust Folman with this.

I am all for time-travel fish-out-of-water stuff, especially when they take it seriously rather than playing it for laughs.

Reminder that if you have a problem with this then you need to blame your great grandparents for not giving them decent jobs, freeing them to fill the niche that creating the entertainment industry did.

Oy Vey

now I want a stop-motion Anne Frank film. Get on it, Laika.

>for not giving them decent jobs
No body should be "given" a job. And many of them had descent jobs. In most countries the jews where extremely well assimilated into the people of the countries they lived in, and held the same types of jobs as any body else. That is one of the reasons people see the things that happened as being so horrible. They where literally just your nextdoor neighbor, your mailman, barber, or school teacher.

The guy is talking post/mid-WWII. For example, the jewish were barred from upstanding law firms and instead made their own (which then overtook the old boys and are now some of the most powerful) in the united states.
Maybe if they had been accepted the jews wouldn't be so fuckign rich and powerful right now.

Read a book, nigga.

Oh you're talking about the states. Never mind then.

Well, in Europe they were basically almost eradicated so it's not like there were/are very many of them left to give a job.

I'm not the same guy you were tlaking to at first, btw. I am but has a point and you shouldn't try to deflect your lack of knowledge on this topic.

But again, read a book nigga.

I took the first post as saying that jews in europe didn't have good jobs before the war, when the opposite is true. In hindsight I should have known he was talking about the states with the whole entertainment industry thing.

So they'll be able to save her in some sort of time machine?

Good goy

is he mad at her

can't wait for shadman to revist his anne frank drawings

>Watch it Annie

>wermacht are worms
Disgusting propaganda

God I hope we get a NMH song in the film, Sup Forums would meme it into oblivion.

I wish I could.

worms do worm acts

since they said they want to aim this at child/educational audiences, I have a feeling this will be dropped. Or made more "acceptably" fantastical.

didn't Anne write about wanting to make out with a girl she was hiding with?

No. There were no girls hiding with her, except her sister.

You're thinking about a (previously censored) part of her diary where she talks about kissing a female friend and asking if they should touch each other's chests as a sign of friendship and generally expressing that she loved the naked female body and it strikes her as so wonderful and exquisite that she could cry.

Actual worms. It kinda defeats the purpose there, lads, if you completely dehumanize the people you want to show acting horrendously.

But hey, lets skip ahead. We already know if is going to get an Oscar or two.

Should be cool
>muh holocaust
I mean it's not exactly surprising from him but goddamn am I tired of WW2 movies.

>17.5-million-euro ($18.8 million) [budget]
Nice. That's twice The Congress and 9 times more thean WwB.
>Because “Where Is Anne Frank” is the first movie to be supported by The Anne Frank Fonds Basel, Folman has been granted privileged access to Anne Frank’s diary, various texts and family archives.
Neat

I'm pretty hype.

It doesn't defeat the purpose since the film is not a literal depiction of events.

>Ari Folman
>shitshow

I mean the plot will be weird and probably weirdly paced, but it will probably be the most visually interesting movie of the year.

I want an Anne Frank movie that uses NMH the way Highlander used Queen.

>In hindsight I should have known he was talking about the states with the whole entertainment industry thing.
I'm not sure about other Euro countries but they're pretty omnipresent in the French entertainment industry aswell (which also happens to have the 3rd highest Jewish population in the world).

I laughed a good genuine belly laugh

>We already know if is going to get an Oscar or two.
You say that like the Academy takes animation as seriously as they do live action. It will probably be nominated and some jury memeber will talk about how Anne Frank is a weird name but their kid liked [Disney movie with kid-friendly message].

nah if theres no Pixar or Disney movie out which I doubt holocaust is a sure win

>if theres no Pixar or Disney movie out
Nigga the Ann Frank movie is planned for 2019, not 3874. I'd be shocked if Disney hasn't already announced a movie for 2019.

If you didn't catch the reference in my post, that's My Life as Zucchini, an Award-bait movie about life as an orphan that was nominated for an Oscar, and the nicest thing any juror had to say about it is "I like the idea of an entire movie about a zucchini".

Unless the Anne Frank movie gets the kind of hype that Spirited Away had around it and basically FORCES the Academy to vote for it, it won't win.

jidobandera is proud of this jew.

>Israeli jews
Fuck, they really are everywhere.

In Germany they are mostly a bunch of whining old people who pressure on behalf of Israel if you ever hear from them.
Not too many left, really. Maybe a hard Brexit might lead to a number of children to WW2 refugees returning, if at all.

Uhm, those are all Ukrainian politicians, and an ex boxer who mostly worked under German management. The Klitschkos are many things, but beholden to Israel is not one.
This is just Russian propaganda.