I-Is all hope really lost?

I-Is all hope really lost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-dyO9SWiY7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They cancelled that show, so dreams really do come true.

CN doesn't even have the rights to it anymore.
To put it back on air would require a lot of legal work.
Genndy was just damn lucky CN didn't write off Jack.

If samurai jack gets a lot of views, especially the finale and Genndy quits making stupid sony movies then maybe

The dream is dead.

Apparently, Genndy no longer works for Sony.
Which explains how SJ is being made in the first place.

Then why is there a release on DVD in Australia?

Tax write off.

Hey, at least youre not Megas XLR or the Modyfuckers

I don't know how it works in other countries but I know that SBT and Megan XLR can never be touched again due to a tax write off.

Side note, I envy Australians.

Actually, Titan and Megas are on the same boat.
Both are mecha cartoons that were well loved by audiences but were screwed over to oblivion by the executives.

>were well loved by audiences

What part of that was untrue?

Everything.

So how does writing-off a series for tax purposes affect ownership of the rights to it? Does the government own those series now or something?

What little I understand of it is that it's simply out of their hands.
Basically, it's in a state of limbo until someone comes up and buys up the rights to it.

What exactly is it about the show that makes people dislike it so much?

That statement is entirely accurate though.

What a faggot.

I'm pretty sure it's just one guy.

It only means that CN can't profit or air the show again. As far as I know, Australian law regarding DVD releases is weird, and because a third-party company released the DVD, CN doesn't see profit from it.

Genndy can buy the rights back.

So it would take some rich motherfucker buying the rights and selling them back to [as].

QUICK, CALL MARK CUBAN, THAT CUNT CAN SPARE A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS

The best we can manage is Cuban Pete.

Are you saying if we sent this man in, that he couldn't get the network to sell the license to the Genndy for pennies?

youtube.com/watch?v=-dyO9SWiY7k

but it has the CN logo on it and all that?

Sym-Bionic Titan has been canceled due to being unable to acquire a toy license

They own the "rights" to it in the sense that they are the copyright holder and they can sue anyone else who tries to use it, but they are forbidden from making any money off of it (be that through ad revenue from showing it or selling it to someone else so THEY can use it). As you can imagine that means they are pretty much completely unable to do anything with the IP. They did a tax write-off that refunded them a portion of the production cost. As I understand it, the write-off in question was implemented to try and encourage animation production done in America by providing animation companies with a safety net in case they go too deep in the hole to crawl out of.

To the point, I'm no legal expert and the tax write-off in question is pretty esoteric, but I'm pretty sure they could "buy back" the right to make money with Sym-Bionic Titan if they payed back the government, but that is extremely unlikely to happen considering how poorly it did the first time.

Only in rare circumstances do other countries honor each others' copyrights.

Sup Forums fellates this show and there was nothing special or good about it.

Fuck this shit, bring back Megas XLR instead.

It was the rare great mecha show. Great characters, surprisingly great drama, great writing, great character designs, great visuals and fight scenes, and great mecha action. It was beautifully constructed as a love letter to mecha anime and at the time, it pushed the boundaries for what could be done in a Western cartoon.

What wasn't there to love?

Nerds wanted badboy Lance getting together with big booty Kimmy, instead she went for Newton

In my opinion, Kimmy going for Newton actually gives people hope. At least, how I see it.

It had to die, so Jack can survive.

Australian lawyer here, Aussie IP law jealously protects Australian's rights to conduct "parallel importation". Basically where an Australian buys an IP protected products from overseas that does not have a similar registered IP protection in Australia then the Aussie can freely resell the product and the foreign IP holder can't sue based on the foreign IP right, they have to claim an Australian Patent or Copyright to get protection in this country. One of the big ongoing sticking points of our current Free Trade Agreement with the US is that it technically provides US rightsholders with recognition of their US IPs but our courts have never enforced that.

I knew that girl in the new Jack looked familiar.

So they reused this design and just changed her hair from blonde to black? Kind of lazy.

That's always been his way. It's why Samurai Jack looks like a Two Stupid Dogs rerun instead of a show you can take seriously.

my niggas

All I know is that if it gets picked back up, the next twerking scene better have some nudity.

Her character is also almost identical to a character that was already in a Jack episode

They're even all voiced by Tara Strong.

so you're saying if one of us wins the lottery we can SAVE THE SHOW!

Just watch Voltron: Legendary Defender.

It's pretty much the same story and the princess is cuter.

Elves are abominations in all forms

Your shit show isn't coming back. Get over it or kill, either one is acceptable.

Heretic

>there was nothing special
animation, compared to everything else

It had some shitty airtimes, and no cult following.

>CN doesn't even have the rights to it anymore.
Same shit they did with Megas?

Yup, same ol' write-off shenanigans.

More reason to hate CN I guess.

Bc of SHAKE IT BAKE IT BOOTY QUAKE IT ROLL IT AROUND
Also you will never nut on any toys