TMNT 2K12 Final Season

>Find out you're on your last season
>crank out an Archer as fuck opening sequence.

How RAD is that jazzy new theme tune? Holy fuck that's my jam.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEF7J2Xcr-M
youtube.com/watch?v=_mOpFCssGHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7Owvnn5Xsjs
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay just got finished with the first episode of the newly titled "Tales of the TMNT" series. And I was sceptical about the transition to a more mystical themed series but hot damn that first episode was dark and funny and had a tone unlike the rest of the series so far.

This really feels like it's own thing featuring the same characters.

I originally wrote off this series after hearing it was the last and about dragons and shit (especially after the last cartoon did dragons holy fuck was that bad) but this really seems like it'll be a good season. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Maybe we'll get one off animated specials like the annuals were like the DCAU movies.

And they didn't get rid of splinter he still appears (sort of) Love it!

Maybe the shorter arcs are a better idea than just two long ones. Worked for Spectacular Spider-Man.

Okay 3, 2, 1, lets jam

Thought the new opening was Cowboy Bebop inspired more than anything......and I thought it plain old sucked. It's just not TMNT. Jazz doesn't work for the turtles.

Link to the theme? I dropped the series right before they got back home from space because Nick is so fucking shit with their schedules that I forgot the show even existed

>doesn't link to it

cool thanks

Let me just do the OP's fucking job for him.
youtube.com/watch?v=qEF7J2Xcr-M

MA
FA
KA

Fantastic.

Can't wait to see what happens to Shredder when they try to bring him back. Maybe something like what happened with Slade in TT.

The episodes already came out via DVD. I'm surprised they're not online.

interesting, but nothing will convince me to watch this show, short of a completely new writing and production team. The episodes I saw were pretty damning. The nail in the fucking coffin was raphael being afraid of cockroaches. he lives in the fucking sewer.

Why does everyone what tmnt to be funny? it's supposed to be some grim shit.

Why do I get the feeling we'll never see Alopex again? With her experience, she could take over as mentor, and use that as a position to monitor and foil Tiger Claw. As well as keep fellow mutants, whom she holds no grudge against, from getting their goofy asses killed.

It remind of TMNT 2003. youtube.com/watch?v=_mOpFCssGHQ

I fell behind

Why did they rename the show?

Reminds me of the Beware the Batman opening, but longer and with better music.

The mirage comics had a lot of moments of levity. They didn't think they were making high art like you seem to think.

well that's pretty cowboy

Fifth season is vey different. It has a bunch of shorter arcs, some after the s4 finale, others in the past.

That's neat. I really should catch up, the ending of Season 3 was insane and I kinda stopped watching season 4 after 2 episofrs for honestly no reason

>Jazz doesn't work for the turtles.
Slumming it around in the dark, wet nights of a big american city
Jazz could totally work for the turtles.

>interesting, but nothing will convince me to watch this show
Not even pic related? A few seasons ago they end up in the head of the statue of liberty. Complete with Venkman was here painted on the wall and a box of random shit including an NES advantage controller.

I don't want TMNTGo, but a full on grimdark turtles would be boring. The original series was a pisstake of how serious Frank Miller's DareDevil took itself. The turtles are rooted in parody, and for that to work you need an element of humour.

Now see... I was thinking Batman: Brave and the Bold

youtube.com/watch?v=7Owvnn5Xsjs

Hi bat-satan

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A

I see what you did there.

why did they put that blue fur patch on UsagiĀ“s nose

Just watched episode 2 good stuff.

fucking bump

>first two episodes of the new season are awesome
>new kickass OP
>way fucking darker than I would have expected from Nickelodeon

Why only now, when the show is on its way out, did it get this good?

Might as well go out with a bang. Then again I thought all of the seasons save for the Space season, were pretty dope.

>Tiger Claw
>Shinigami
>Hattori Tatsu

So these are pretty much Nick TMNT's biggest contributions to Turtles canon. Not too shabby.
(Yeah I know Tatsu is based on Shredder's second in the movies, but he's different enough here that I think he counts)

Shame they killed him off so quickly, but there won't be enough episodes for a return appearance so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I stopped watching the show after a couple episodes in season 3 when they were dicking around in April's farm, mostly from lack of interest rather then it being full blown bad (though it was a little).

Did it ever get better?

>Shinigami
Reminder that this girl 16

*is 16
son of a bitch

No, not really. The first four seasons were very hit-and-miss. Same great stuff, but surrounded by a lot of garbage.

This new season has been great so far and shows a lot of promise, but it very well might shit the bed too. It's just that kind of show.