What is your favorite software to read CBR files?

What is your favorite software to read CBR files?

YACReader

Okular on GNU/Linux

I turn them into rar files and extract the images to read in a image viewer. It also makes it easier to storytime.

unzipping them and then using ifranview

On my PC I use CDisplayX because it loads fast and is very bare-bones. Mainly because I only need to load comics to grab screenshots or see if something I downloaded is worth reading. On my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12 inch tablet, I use PerfectViewer because it's, well, perfect.

What devices does everyone use to read digital comics? I love my Note Pro because the screen is almost exactly the same size as an actual comic book.

You should be able to extract them without changing the file extension first. Just trying to help you save a step, user.

I do the exact same thing and use F-Stop Media on my tablet.

I used vanilla CDisplay until it kept getting segfaults, then switched to CDisplayEx.

Christ, I'm retarded. My tablet is called a Tab Pro, not a Note Pro.

I head CDisplayEx was good, but now loaded with malwares.

I think there was one or two versions that were bundled with some garbage, but the latest one is fine. Just make sure you get it from cdisplayex.com

Mugga I use the same tablet. It's really nice for comics ain't it

SumatraPDF (yes, it reads not only pdf)

I love it. I had a generic cheap 9 inch tablet, but when I wanted a new one I specifically looked for something to read comics with. The 12.2 Tab Pro is god-tier. Accept no substitute.

same
and on my tablet I use Komik. (I use that a lot more often). anyone have tips for big 2 page splashes on either of these?

I don't know about Komic, but Perfect Viewer allows you to view two-page splashes by default, and you can just turn the tablet on its side to read them easier.

>you can just turn the tablet on its side to read them easier.
Komik does that by default but I was trying to find another way of viewing them that's less awkward.

Using a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and Comic Rack. Used to use a Nexus 7 2013, but bigger is better. The Tab A was on sale and I'm cheap/didn't have a lot to spend, so I went with it even though I know the 12-inchers are nicer.

Been using ComicRack for years, but I'm considering ditching for Perfect Viewer or something. CR was good because it tracks what I've read and will auto sync only new stuff to the tablet or basically whatever I tell it to. Sometimes, though, it seems like I spend longer organizing that kind of shit than actually reading, hence thinking about switching.

Perfect Viewer is pretty great. I have tried Comic Rack numerous times over the years and I find it far to bloated for me to use comfortably.

SumatraPDF

It's free and open-source

I'll have to check it out then. You're right. I initially liked CR but it becomes less about reading and more about organizing.

So does everybody just manually drag all their books from their PC to their tablet, or is there some faster way? Or are you just downloading everything from/to the tablet?

That's what I do. I copy/paste them to the tablet from my PC. I can delete stuff after I've read it from inside the Perfect Viewer app, which also keeps track of what I've read.

I use ComicFlow because shamefully I have an iThing (has a nice screen though). I've never really felt the need to try any other reader because it does everything I need it to do. Which is not a lot.

Okay, cool. Thank you for your input, user.

I've been using HoneyView for a while. Seems comparable to CDisplayEX

I gave up on reading from my phone but use sync programs for everything. Now it's Syncthing - odd UI, I would only recommend to power users. Previously Bittorrent Sync / Resilio Sync - I moved away from it because I flash ROMs and it wouldn't work when the data was restored with Titanium Backup. I suppose Google Drive or Dropbox would work as well. Fuuuuuuck Android's MTP (the default plug-in way to transfer), it's so unbelievably garbage.