We've never killed a human before

>We've never killed a human before
Hold up, does that mean The Princess and The Bounty Hunters has been retconned?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0X52Kdc7TAQ&t=7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jack didn't kill any of them.

That one wasn't his fault.

Genddy confirmed hack

>HERE'S JACKIE!

>quads of truth

This bounty hunter nonsense is starting to feel like a forced meme. There's been like two daily threads for it ever since the genndy q&a weeks ago

Aku does look like Pepe in this pic.

Magic sword cant harm good people, so if he killed anyone with it, they were of ill heart.

I kinda hope there's some brief shot of the Gentleman, Jujunga, and Boris as elderly but otherwise non-dead guys in this season just to get everybody to shut up about this

What makes human lives worth more than the sentient robot lives?

>robots
>sentient

>sentient: able to perceive or feel things

X9, among others.

Why are you s-so mean?! ;_;

>you actually thought he killed them

lmao

No, it simply confirms he didn't kill them. Their fate was never that clear to begin with.

*Magic sword, when in the hands of evil, can never harm an innocent

Big distinction there.

Humans are natural, robots are not.

Besides, Jack didn't know X9 was a victim of Aku's wickedness until he had slain him. He probably felt bad, but knew that it was just another burden to bear from Aku's bullshit.

With the daughters, he's been forced to kill normal flesh and blood humans. Not cyborgs or full on machines, or even strange monstrosities of unknown origins. Just people who could have lived ordinary lives (or as ordinary as can get in Aku's world).

It means they were just knocked out.

I like how Sudoku Jack switched from "you" to "we", he's kinda like Gollum now.

To be fair, Jack probably thought he was killing a few people, but everyone and their goddamn uncle sprouted sparking wires post-kill.
The show is like that, even when it doesn't make a lick of sense.
I'm not sure incorporating that into the storyline is that great an idea, but they aren't making this to entertain children anymore, just the obsessives.

Nothing, Jack is just some hick from ancient Japan who thinks robots aren't people. The setting has shown this isn't the case but Jack doesn't care.

Bet you this is actually a part of Aku that managed to implant himself in Jack's mind to screw with him.

Pretty much. It only made a silly premise downright retarded since it retcons so much of the original show's intents.

Well it's not like they got super preachy about it, like other shows would.

Jack's other side prods him about it, saying that it's either "Kill or be killed", but that's it. If this were an anime, we'd probably have like two episodes with the MC recovering after their first kill and going through all the cliché bullshit about "Human lives, blah blah blah, they have feelings too!" and the like. Jack just remembers what his dad told him, that sometimes you have to take the lives of others to protect what is important to you, and there's nothing wrong with that unless you let the killing consume you. Jack didn't relish in slaying the daughters one bit, even looking glum after dropping the last one to her death because he knew nothing could be done to spare her.

Not really. Nothing says he didn't kill monsters and mutants, just mostly machines, which a lot of his foes were revealed to be in some cases. It isn't like they're saying the bounty hunters were all robots, or that things like the magic worm twins were automatons.

Nah, it completely destroys the original show retroactively. For instance, blind archers

>Jack finally outwits them at last
>slashes his sword ACROSS THEIR CHESTS
>"lol nah it's ok I knew my sword would turn them into fat diaper wearing manbabies it's all cool yo that wasn't an intent to kill another creature"

Robots are programmed to act in a certain way, they are not technically alive. That's why X-9 was so tragic

No it doesn't. He hit them and the sword's power expelled the evil possessing them. Nothing says the same couldn't have happened if the episode were to be done now. The entire point of that episode was that not all routes to the past were free. Jack could have been returned to the past, but either as a monster worse than Aku, or fated to became another blind Jackal guardian after fulfilling his intended task.

>Someone out there programmed a robot to scat, call others 'babe' and kill people

His life is horrible

>"lol nah it's ok I knew they were possessed by evil power"

Could be worse, he could have been programmed to engage in scat.

Maybe Jack just forgot. It's been 50 years and he's not exactly sound of mind.

I bet they'll show up in the episode where Ashi sees the positive impact Jack's had on people. Maybe they all teamed up to rescue the Princess's kingdom from Aku and are now in a retirement home together.

He didn't even hit them with the sword, retard. He dodged their arrows and they struck each other, dispelling the curse. Even then, that doesn't mean he thought it would kill them.

He got over killing people surprisingly fast. I was honestly expecting the cliche anime scenario you described but he just got over it and got back into his groove within a day.

The fight against the bounty hunters was so fast that he probably doesn't remember them. Also, there's a fair chance they survived. And he didn't have to deal with the aftermath. If Chuchunga's guts had spilled over Jack, he would probably have been more shocked by the experience.

Jack's from feudal Japan. If you explained AI to him he'd probably have a mental breakdown.

>50 years
>only NOW non-robots are fighting him

It only gets more retarded the more you think about it.

>With the daughters, he's been forced to kill normal flesh and blood humans
I can't wait until it's revealed that the Daughters of Aku are actually the daughters of Jack

Or he just didn't kill any humans. The bounty hunters were taken out in a highly stylized scene set to the split second for a drop of water to fall, then the Princess cuts in to face him down because she was the primary focus, not the other fuckwits. After that, the only other real human was the Viking trapped inside the lava body, but nothing indicated Jack directly cut him, just his crystal prison.

Maybe he uh... hit them with the back of his sword? You know, the part that isn't sharp.

>programming a robot to smell and eat only for the purposes of feeding him shit
Truly the future that is Aku is of an unspeakable evil.

it's obviously different to kill someone just like you

He used his father's example to build the resolve to kill them.

Wait until it's revealed that they never really had a choice because they were brainwashed in a cave, raised only to kill Jack, like Jack was raised to kill Aku.

>so its a suit of armor that doesnt need a person in it to move, kinda like a puppet

there, i explaned what a robot was and AI could be explained away as a puppet master talking though them.

just because jacks from feudel japan doesn't mean that hes retarded

Not really, they never said he didn't fight aliens and monsters, just that no humans were ever slain by his hand.

>it's been 50 years and he's forgotten how to knock people into unconsciousness.
Ftfy

>QUADS

No, that's not true, that's impossible!

>they never said
>"just nuts and bolts... nuts and bolts..."

He didn't hit the archers at all. He blind dodged their arrows and they wound up hitting one another. And since the arrows were probably generated by the well itself, it was basically like undoing a curse with its own magic. Like that time Theodore cured the werewolf who bit him and himself by biting him back.

>face Aku, literally a malignant shapeshifting entity that will dick with him for the sake of pissing him off
>has been exposed to some much futuristic tech it isn't funny
>uses guns and batcycle clone that can do even more shit
>been stuck in DAH FUTCHA for at least 30-50 years
>completely understands he's been dealing they are robots
>to the point where he know how exactly to rip one up
>has been calm until the moment he sliced open one of the girls
>even then it didn't effect him for too long

I think he'll be fine

Yes, for MOST of his foes. It doesn't mean that even the slimy monsters, and occasional supernatural entities, were also robots.

>Alvin and the chipmunks logic works for samurai jack
Oh shit nigga what are you doing?

We had this discussion a hundred times already. They were just lying face down in the snow, it doesn't mean they're dead. Kill yourself, OP.

And the Lava Viking episode.

He could still think you're a sorcerer and from the spirit world trying to steal his soul through his ass.

i don't think he actually hits them with his sword at all
he made them shoot each other by dodging at the last second while centered which is technically impossible

That would be so fucked up.

Anyone thinks that it's weird how old jack looks like the Jack from Akus' fairy tales?

That's hardly the first time the logic of "dark magic defeating itself" has been used in fiction.

Unless they're using magic arrows

they're magic puppets jack, their master puts a spell insidde them that tells them what to do. there, completely in terms he understands

He just pierced the magic crystal and released the Viking to be ravaged by time's restored effect.

Kind of makes ya wonder if time will catch up to Jack himself once all is said and done.

RIP every girl but Ashi

One would think so, but Jack dodged many of them which just landed where he had been. Of course, you could bullshit it by "they were drawn to each other" because "it's magic!"

Maybe once he returns to his own time.

>Year of our Nier Automata, Two thousand and seventeen
>Implying robots aren't sentient

youtube.com/watch?v=0X52Kdc7TAQ&t=7s

I think you are making the wrong argument, if you jump to about 90 seconds into this video, you will see that all three arrows hit each other at the same time, then the screen is filled with light, and the archers are somehow struck by the arrows.

Ok, maybe the well did it in order to tempt Jack? Maybe the well was only capable of handling and corrupting a single wish at a time.

That's still some pretty crazy luck that they would collide and now have the trajectory to hit the archers. In real life, that shit would probably just collide and send the arrows spiraling to who knows where, or crashing to the ground if they had enough force to all break on impact.

Again, it's obviously magic.

That, or he somehow remains unaging and is destined to track down Aku's evil across all of time and space for eternity. That'd be pretty damn rough.

He only killed the alien bounty hunters duh

>Aku's last kill Jack scheme was to create a cult in his name and use Jack's blood with some dark magic to impregnate the leader with his DNA to birth assassins who had the best chance of killing him
>he forgot about it tho

Seems like an Aku thing to do

WHAT'S THE SOURCE

PAHEAL IS DOWN

Im not arguing anything other than making sure what we remember is correct, only reason why I even remembered is because I watched the episode just a couple days ago.

If you want my opinion, it's pretty silly, but so is a lot of stuff in Samurai Jack, but we overlook it for other reasons, so I never let things like this get to me

Not those predator lions, they fucked his shit up almost as bad as the daughters, if not worse given they weren't sheltered retards.

>Aku didn't just snatch more of them and brainwash away their code of honor

Reminder that the other girls have names but it doesn't fucking matter

When you think about humans are just chemically powered machines with a meat processor.

So this would mean a fully self aware A.I is no different from us.

I think part of Jack's reasoning is that the robots are built rather than grown.

Like, if you destroy a computer, a new one can be built since it's just tech. The computer itself probably was also made fairly recently.
If you kill an adult human, you've just erased DECADES of experiences and relationships. They can't be quickly brought back in the same condition.

>he saved the sperm from that one time he was Ikra

If your brain was indestructable that would make it impossible to actually kill you.

It's even more saddening because the girls didn't have lives, just a lengthy, dark experience in some mountain.

Christ, they were probably treated like shit the moment they could waddle without face planting every other step.

Yes, Sentient and freedom is their right

They could've been robots, or could've lived.

Jack isn't necessarily opposed to killing humans - It's just that he's never popped that cherry before and he doesn't know how to feel.

>Ashi
>Ami
>Aki
>Avi

So it seems to be "A(syllable)i". Probably to play off of Aku.
3 more girls, what will they be?
>Abi
>Aci
>Achi
>Adi
>Afi
>Agi
>Ahi
>Aji
>Ali
>Ani
>Api
>Aqui
>Ari
>Asi
>Ati
>Athi
>Awi
>Axi
>Ayi
>Azi
I doubt Aai, Aei, Aii, Aoi, or Aui would really work.

3 girls and Jack fall off the ledge
there is no proof currently that her other 2 sisters couldn't still be alive

One got punched pretty fucking hard that she spun, with her head finishing most of the rotation before her body did.

Quads of truth! Genddy is a hack! Now GeNNDy, the guy who made Samurai Jack, is a great writer. But that Genddy guy, whoever he is, fuck that hack.

>phil voiced the pepe
here come the memes.

>Sab Shimono played the voice of the emperor in the original first episodes
>Keone Young was the young emperor in Birth of Evil
>now both are back in the same episode
I love it when they do shit like this

Other two didn't land on their feet

He's the creator of Bullseye Yak, a cartoon about a cyborg Yak who hunts monsters in the future.

He's from the dimension where those troglodytes says Bearstein Bears.

I hope they're all dead except for the last one and jack and jack has to break her neck because she isn't quite dead and he needs to make sure she won't come after him again.

>Aki taunting the others because her name is closest to Aku's

>jack and jack

How does a hallucination help snap a neck? Why would one even need a figment of their mind to assist in such a thing?

Those guys were robots all along.

Moral support?

They blew their chance the moment Jack had to catch his breath. You'd think all of that harsh training would have taught them to never give your opponent room to breath in both senses of the word.