I'll tell ya how I feel about school Jerry, its a waste of time

>I'll tell ya how I feel about school Jerry, its a waste of time

Is he right Sup Forums?

Eh, it's mixed. It certainly is for some people.

>genius that never had to work for his intelligence considers an instruction for learning a waste of time

Shocker

Justin didn't go to college, am I right?

It's true in the sense that you can learn by just going to the library, but for a lot of jobs (esp. STEM, medicine, law, and education) you need a bachelor's degree or a master's or MD or PhD.

So it's not necessary for learning but it is often necessary in job attainment.

I'm pretty sure that if I didn't go to school, I would've interacted with maybe 30 people my whole life

Seems like a good a thing

this is the lelest thread ever

Yes and no. Public school is shit, but its a great starting point to get out there into the world. Problem is parents dump their kids off onto the school system expecting them to fix all their problems.

Stupid people need to go to school.
Smart people need to be put in workplaces where smart people work, so they can learn by experience and experimentation.

>So it's not necessary for learning but it is often necessary in job attainment.
In addition to that, school(read: college) should be used to make connections in your field of study, finding internship programs, resume building activities, and the like. Any actual learning should be done outside of the classroom, on your own time because in American college, professors suck and have you bullshit discussion questions where need to respond to two fucking people afterwards. So fucking dumb.

Speaking as someone going to college for a CRJ degree. I think it's unnecessary and a waste of 10,000 a year but most departments won't even look at you without an AA.

the modern liberal teachings that are reinforced in today's schools are indeed a waste of time

>a person should, from the age of five or six, figure out exactly what topics to learn and in what order, teach themselves, know how to find the right resources, how to properly measure their own progress and have the motivation to do this 8 hours a day
Sounds just about right. If you can't pull this off Sup Forums... sorry, but maybe you're just too retarded.

School is mostly for children to learn how to interact with society without (most of) society having to actually interact with children until they're done.

frank zappa said the same shit, do you believe him?

ideally every one would learn from a professional like an apprenticeship sort of thing. For instance I wasted 24 years in school, couldn't get math, got held back twice, only graduated college because I majored in one of the bullshit majors.

two years temping and I went back to a 6 month eletrical trade program now I have a job with benefits and make more than those bullshit jobs. there isn't really "stupid" outside retardation it's about doing what you have an aptitude for which US schools do NOTHING to encourage

Yes it is. People should have the choice to either get decently smart, smarter or become geniuses by reading books on what they choose to learn about. Being forced into something isn't how you get it done.

well 19 years I wsn't in school right out the pussy. but this proves my point

At least in the US ABET accreditation is required for every engineering position I have ever seen.

Honestly, the most important thing you can do in college is make connects and network. Plus it really helps to learn how to function has a group, I've learned a lot form extravehicular clubs and teams. You get put in an environment that allows you to make tons of connections.

You you just get a degree, don't interact with anyone and have zero internships, you are making your life much harder than it needs to be.

Go to college for knowledge, not a job

School is to fill your head with general knowledge and propaga I mean history to live an ok life. Though most human brains arent designed to quickly do physics formulas.

>extravehicular
I-I can't tell if this is a typo or not

>he kept his arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times