Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Both

As we see in our timeline, the cold war ended in nothing and the doom time clock was bullshit, so all that people died for nothing

How that clock could even know where the war was going to start anyway?

Rorschach. There was no need to complicate what was already a complicated situation by ousting Veidt. Better for the world to live under the idea that what happened was out of their hands so they work together.

alan moore

Ozzie is the one in the wrong at the end of the day. Manhattan was just cleaning up his mess.

They lived in a different cold war though. One where the soviet union constantly had a glowing blue penis slapping them in the face pushing them closer and closer to the edge.

...this is very subtle bait, I like it!

Manhattan. Rorschach wouldn't have known how to pilot the owlship, and even if he figured it out before he died of hypothermia nobody would've listened to/believed him because he's a disgusting, insane murderer. There was no reason to kill him.

And for this they shoudn't even try too attack! How much rechearch you need to know that missiles are worthless against Manhattan?

I hate how Snyder ending made more sense

The only thing wrong here is that Manhattan decided to explode him into red sludge rather than have cleaner method of killing him. Rorschach wasn't going to undermine his principals and he knew that he couldn't go back into the world which could very well turn clean and tear it down to the disgusting mess he knew. Manhattan knew that he had to stop doomsday from happening no matter the cost. They both knew Rorschach had to die since there was no way he'd ever keep quiet about the location of the facility as evidence and the only difference is that Manhattan took longer to accept the fact.

But Rorschach instigated for Manhattan to kill him. If anything he stopped his suffering. No one would believe him, help him, he'd be going around doing his fruitless crusade to spread the truth of the attack to no avail. Better to atleast die at that point.

Until enough time passes that everybody starts to realize that more aliens aren't coming, and they start killing each other again.

The location of the facility is irrelevant, Adrian invited a reporter from Watchmen Rolling Stone there one time and the rest of his tracks in the squid incident are buried.
Rorschach would be miserable no matter what because he's mentally ill.

Why didn't Manhattan just use his powers to remove the parts of Rorschach's brain that let him remember things?

That would be far crueler.

Shouldn't even respond given how you spelled 'research' but its said that Manhattan probably couldn't get all the missles.

>I hate how Snyder ending made more sense
Then what was Comedian scared of?

It wouldn't be cruel, Veidt could pay for his nursing home after the lobotomy happens and everyone would get to live in peace.

As we saw in WatchmeX, that only made him more powerful.

Why didn't Manhattan just make him forget the last 24 hours? No need to lobotomize.

>I hate how Snyder ending made more sense
Fuck you, that ending made everything not make sense. The russians would never submit to an american power and would have set the world on fire, the comedian's breakdown at the beginning now makes absolutely no sense. The whole idea of an alien threat unifying the world was completely lost. Do you even pay attention to the crap you watch, you nimrod? That knucklehead ruined everything because he thought it was silly, without any consideration for the coherence of the story, or how events were interconnected.
I hope you get dick cancer, you ugly cunt.

Blue Dick was wrong.

Rorschach knew what Veidt did was unforgivable but that by telling others he would make things worse, he couldn't live with himself if he pursued either option. His black and white worldview was the death of him, he would rather die then view the world in grey terms so he asked Jon to kill him and Jon obliged because Jon understood exactly what Rorschach knew.

Neither were wrong. The whole point of Watchmen is that there is no "right" or "wrong" that's why Rorschach is a tragic figure in the book because he views everything in black or white. There's a reason his mask is the way it is. There's tons of subtly in Watchmen, seems to have been lost on most of you guys.

The fucking nutter who moonlights as a antiquated gimmick psyche test. Alan Moore wrote him with the very specific intention of Rorschach being a commentary and satire of Batman and his no compromise policy.

The truth is compromising is the key to achieving any goal in the real world. Rorschach was essentially a psychotic man child who had no grasp on reality.

Sounds like a certain guy who dresses in a bat fetish body condom.
>pic is definitely related.

Veidt never said it would be a permanent solution, he was simply buying time.

I wonder if Rorschach was still cool with the atomic bombings by the end of the series.

Manhattan respected Rorschach's choice, besides Rorschach would have figured it out again anyways.

>being such a casual you cannot recognize the Question stand in

Still makes more sense than russia not immediately attacking us. While its reeling from the attack

First of all, bad analysis. He was the Question.

Secondly, the 'no compromise' policy. Every day I see the news, fresh leaks about shadow malfeasance in the government, corruption and atrocities swept under the rug for the sake of some vague and stupid series of compromises, I die a little inside. I feel like I'm living in a world post-Veidt and I don't think it's any better than the alternative, which Manhattan cedes as something that to him and in the larger scheme, doesn't matter. So - wouldn't you rather not be a bitch liar murderer scum than as not?

Manhattan.

Futa isn't gay.

This post makes me want the BLACKED hand in Manhattan blue

This is a good post, user. Every fucking thing is compromise in amongst higher ups; all of it, and it usually achieves buttfuck nothing anyways. Seeing someone doing what is considered the most simplistic basic definition of right is refreshing and relieving. There's always going to be Veidt people and Rorschach people, they'll go back and forth and you'll be considered mature or immature for siding with one or the other, but regardless I'll always side with Rorschach.

>implying the cold war ever ended

Both are wrong. a temporary solution vs a straight path to war.
no winners, only death.

At least he gets the relief of death. Christ, he lived at the bottom with the sludge of humanity, his entire life post the dog incident was just brutality.

Everyone is wrong in Watchmen. Every major character is "my way or the highway" and none of them can consider any viewpoint other than their own.

>Still makes more sense than russia not immediately attacking us.
No it doesn't because SQUID MONSTER you fuck.

>Alan Moore wrote him with the very specific intention of Rorschach being a commentary and satire of Batman

Did you just suddenly get into comics in the last 10 years or is your frame of reference only comic book movies?

Futa is not gay.

ehhhh...it's pretty gay

he wanted to die, anyway. If it wasn't Manhattan, Ozy would've done him in, likely a slower and more humiliating death. Shit, with how smart he is, he could poke holes through Rorschach's ideals and destroy the guy mentally.

plus, Manhattan can see the future and knew about the journal and the possibly the peace treaty eventually breaking down, ruining everything Ozy worked towards.

I appreciate the Snyder's film adding in Niteowl's reaction. He was a weirdo, but still kind of a friend/partner that he's known for years.