Bought this on amazon yesterday what am I in for?

bought this on amazon yesterday what am I in for?

Imagine if Big Bang Theory was accurate

The best all night marathon hang out ever depicted in any medium. Interesting insight into what pre Sup Forums shitty nerds were like. The head of Boba Fett

First issue is actually really good that deals with their friendship at stake

Second issue is just Dorkin being an insecure shit and bitching about about the nerds. I care about the characters god dammit, he just derailed the entire fucking arc.

I looked up panels from this, and its all them bitching about female cosplayers

I bought the Hardcover collection by the way not just the miniseries.

> I care about the characters god dammit, he just derailed the entire fucking arc.
It felt good to see that Jerry got his shit together later in life and despite Bill's best effort he couldn't ruin it.

The punch was the ultimate pay off for me, Bill was a monster

>their friendship
They were never friends, or they stopped being friends a long time ago. The Club was just a place for each of them to brag about how obsessed with their hobbies they were and none of them cared about the others, they just waited for their turn to speak.

if they weren't friends they wouldn't bother hanging out with each other.

And Ultimately, they don't.

It was probably the case at first but then they let their fanaticism turn them bitter and by that point they were generally the only ones who they could hang out with.

LOL! STAR WARS!

What could possibly go wrong?

>what am I in for
Sup Forums in comic form

They absolutely were friends. All manner of friends compete and argue and gossip about each other to the others. But at the end of the day, they, or at least Bill, are shameless and take things too far.

There's an underlying theme that nerds are ostracized and that somehow makes them unique or special. They're the underdogs, so they're worthy of unconditional sympathy. But these guys aren't. Look how fast Bill goes from being flustered a girl he doesn't even know might think he's weird, to screaming in her face that her nerd knowledge is pathetic.

It's funny, because you could really tie that into what's going on in PC culture right now. Girls who like nerd culture are supposedly looked down on for not really being nerds, but they really aren't. Like, at all. Minorities not getting roles, LGBT not getting representation - it's all very selective. That's not to say things aren't genuinely harder for some people in some situations, but the guys of Eltingville represent the worst personalities with the worst sense of entitlement. It's not a character exclusive to basement dwellers who paint toys.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of the earlier stories are pre-internet, so not only is "nerd culture" more niche and less acceptable by society at large, they all had to work that much harder to consume the things they're into and communicate with the writers and artists behind the things they obsess over. The weird thing is in the more modern stories where the internet makes buying and communicating easier, they only become more extremist and detached from society.

The ugly truth about fanboys.

broken friendship.

>what am I in for?

>women are nerds too
Women can be socially awkward and obsessive, yeah, but I've *never* met a woman even *close* to the top-tier encyclopedia-trivia-NEET.

>There's no female Mozart for the same reason there's no female Jack the Ripper
Women don't commit to things the way men do. Granted, there's an argument to be made that men SHOULDN'T care so much about comics, but the fact that we have to pay lip-service to a bunch of insecure women who just want to "feel" included is irritating to me. Women smugly turned up their noses at comics and video games for the first twenty years of my life but then all of a sudden they were interested once "nerd culture" passed the "popular enough that I can use it as a fashion accessory" point.

"Nerd" was the '10's equivalent of the punk aesthetic of the '90's/'00's.

>Women smugly turned up their noses at comics and video games for the first twenty years of my life but then all of a sudden they were interested once "nerd culture" passed the "popular enough that I can use it as a fashion accessory" point.
This.