Vulture Is More Or Less An Iron Man Villain In SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

>Toomes is less than thrilled when a government-backed company, owned by Tony Stark, takes over his contract (after some sort of accident).

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man-homecomings-vulture-has-personal-beef-with-iron-man-a149944

Smh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fxHATCbHsc
youtube.com/watch?v=aWFVrbk9zvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=5fxHATCbHsc

Trailer coming out tomorrow.

Cinematic universes were a mistake.

So basicaly, Stark industry in the place of Oscorp?

Saying he's an Irin Man villain is a stretch if you actually read the article rather than posting a title for guaranteed replies. He probably starts off pissed at Stark before focusing on Spider-Man. The out of work blue-collar """victim""" angle sounds pretty interesting. But people will find ways to be unhappy about it because he's not a 1:1 adaptation of 616 Vulture.

>The out of work blue-collar """victim""" angle sounds pretty interesting.

A stand-in for Oscorp seeing how Sony want to buddy up with their new pals at Marvel Studios?

that's not too different from the origin they gave him in the comics, where his business partner stole his half of their tech company, or the spectacular cartoon, where his patents were stolen by Oscorp

Why. Just make iron man4

guuuuooooo

My problem with Vulture being pissed at Stark is that it seems that Spider-Man is only fighting the Vulture to impress Tony. So we have a hero/villain relationship that's only about Tony Stark.

>Flying spiderdrone logo
The post credits scene will reveal it was Doc Ock's mind in Peter's body all along.

Yeah but this is MCU so it'll be interesting and GOOD

Well why would he have beef with some random high school kid that no one knew existed before Civil War?

you are implying Peter wouldn't give a shit that Vulture was raiding Stark castles if he'd never met Tony

I mean, he has a similar origin in the comics.

He has nothing to do with Peter outside of fucking around in Spidey's neighborhood.

Aah is that going to be the accident on the phone in Doctor Strange, then.

That is your problem, really. I don't get that from the set up.

Vulture getting fucked by a business man is par for the course.

>this is MCU so it'll be interesting and GOOD

>so it'll be interesting
Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 2, and everything before the airport fight in Winter Soldier disagree.

>Spider-Man movie is actually Iron Man IV feat. Spider-Man

Yeah, but we have a hero/villain relationship built around someone else. Spider-Man as he appears in the first trailer wants to stop Vulture just to prove himself to Tony Stark. That's not an engaging dynamic. In fact, this makes Spider-Man feel like Iron Man's robin.

Naw senpai, it's a John Hughes film! Don't you trust our zany and heartfelt teenage angle?

Don't forget the trainwreck that is IM3.

>teasers for trailers
I know JL did it so I'm just trying to be fair, but is this really the direction we're going in now?

>everything before the airport fight in Winter Soldier disagree.

So you're a dumbass with shit tastes.

diversity edition

The kids of today should defend themselves against the eighties.

jesus christ

I weirdly kind of like Iron Man 3 and I know I'm in a minority on that front.

I don't recall when it started, but it's been like this for a little while now with a lot of hotly anticipated franchise releases.

There isn't an airport fight in winter soldier.

Unless you mean the ending fight on the helicarrier. Did you mean civil war?

Do you even remember anything that happened before the airport fight? It's pretty forgettable.

Teasers have been a thing since like 2008 probably earlier

FUCK, I meant Civil War.

Yes and?

I remember BP being pretty impressive even out of his suit when he tried to kill Bucky
I remember an awkward romance subplot with cap and whatsherface
I remember 'punch you in your perfect teeth'
I remember Vision being kinda creepy around Wanda while she's under house arrest
I remember Bucky buying grapefruit to help with his memory
I remember the alamo

The Vulture's origin always involved him getting revenge on people screwing hin out of his company though. And Tony Stark was always a villain anyway.

>it's a poor blue collar is angry at overly rich capitalist who got him out of work, but he's still the bad guy episode

Anything else would be literally communism to the Burgers

I know and it pisses me off.
I'm not asking for a criminal to be left free, but there has to be some acknowledgement of the inevitability of people being economically bullied lashing out in less than pristine ways.

While I agree, let's not act like "evil white businessman" isn't the most overused MCU villain set-up.

Wait, is Flash that guy from Grand Budapest?

Yep.

Well, half of those are fought by tony, another rich white businessman and the richness part is always seen as ok, it's just that that PARTICULAR rich guy is evil, but being a global mogul is ok.

He was white-collar meaning he could enter from the front of the building.

I might actually see Homecoming now.

Because he becomes Spideys first nemesis by the end. He probably just sees him as a pest till the end, then MCU Spidey earns his first rogue.

I doubt they will have Spidey kill him.

Yeah. Honestly, I don't care about them switching up the races of side characters. From what I've seen all of them are very capable of support roles.
Plus I kinda hope they change Flash to make sense. I never understood why a idiotic chad went to a science highschool anyway.

If they are smart they'll throw him in jail and pull him back out for Sinister Six.

>I never understood why a idiotic chad went to a science highschool anyway
you know flash was not really dumb right ?

>Sony
>smart
Is this a joke?

I am so happy that the X-Men are not part of MCU
Albeit, Magneto vs Iron Man would be interesting.
But then again, Magneto would lose

>more Tony wanking
>marvelcucks will defend this

>science highschool

Where the fuck in the US is there a school dedicated solely to science and nothing else? Unless it's being funded by something other than sports, how the fuck does it stay open. That's why schools put so much focus on the sports teams because they generate revenue for the school.

This. All the Spider-Man movies up to now have gone way too far in giving Peter a "connection" to all the villains. Sandman being Uncle Ben's real killer was the worst.

>Goes to science highschool
>Gets tutored all the time
>Shows no interest in science
>mocks Peter for being interested in school
>focuses mainly on athletics
>doesn't go to college
>heads straight into the army

Eh true maybe not dumb but he obviously didn't show any interest in being at a specialty school. To be fair I might be dead wrong. There are a ton of versions of Flash to go off of.

>Well, half of those are fought by tony, another rich white businessman and the richness part is always seen as ok
Yeah, in general MCU rich villains do earn their wealth, at least initially. I don't think any of the rich villains are full-blown thieves. Even Justin Hammer actually does make and sell things legit. It's what they do on the side when they get greedy that made them evil.

You... you know that schools can be heavily focused in one area right?

>how the fuck does it stay open
Because Sports makes more money for more schools but there's still a place for very specialized schools in very niche amounts. I don't know about science focused schools themselves, but there's a weird high school in Boston that's been left over from the weird colonial times and likes to hype itself up over its pedigree nowadays. Its sport teams were kind of shit, it got by mostly on its name and the hyper focus on college prep for high scoring students (there's a test to get in).

Sports will be more common because it's easier overall for most schools, but it's boneheaded to think there's not going to be at least a few elite schools catering to the margins of the bellcurve in other areas.

My prediction is that Spiderman will be a spiritual successor/sequel to the Iron Man trilogy and Black Panther will be the same for Captain America.

Nobody said it was only science you dipshit
But why go to a school that is basically four years of prep for going into a scientific field when you're not interested in that?

Universities and colleges yes, but a highschool with a hard science focus? If it's a private school, then yes that makes sense. But a public school? No. The biggest problem with public schools is the lack of focus on the sciences and arts and more on sports.

Well seeing how the guy I quoted said "science highschool" one would think it has strong focus on the sciecnes.

He said "science high school"
You said "dedicated solely to science and nothing else..."
Dedicated solely to science is different than strongly focused on science you mong

You've never heard of a magnet school?
A magnet school can focus heavily on a specific subject. Sure there are other classes that are the State standard for all students to take, but the main focus is still on one or a few areas. The school I went to had a large medical focus and was still a public school. Our football team was there... but trash. All of the players were still interested in a medical field, though.

Are you just waking up from a coma or something? Movie studios have been doing this shit for like a decade now.

> everyone saying it's a tony wank movie when the movie is about him ditching tony and starting to form his own identity

>Still means we get to sit through 2/3 of a Tony wank movie when Peter could've told Tony to back the fuck off in the post credits of Civil War

^this
I'm pretty sure he learns Tony has been tracking him the entire time. I'm honestly expecting Tony swooping in numerous times when Peter is fighting crime, causing Peter to realize Tony is tracking him. They already mentioned Peter and Ganke 2.0 were checking out the specs of the suit and showed Peter complaining about

Disney is clearly saving Osbourne as the "New Iron Man" when RDJ retires.

WHERE THE FUCK IS OSCORP

In the comics, I think the first villain was chameleon, who was trying to fuck with the fantastic four. Spider-man just took him down to impress them.

I don't remember the whole "impress part"
I do remember him trying to fight the entire FF to earn a spot on the team. He ditched them when he learned FF didn't pay. (kinda shitty of him) Chameleon was dressing up like Spider-Man in the second half of that comic and committing crimes. Which I think is what started JJJ's entire rant on Spidey?

youtube.com/watch?v=aWFVrbk9zvg

Heh heh. I knew Sup Forums would have the usual autistic meltdown after reading this.

Except civ war was good throughout though tonally inconsistent

But I thought Marvel respected comic book sourses

>scientist at high profile lab from an electrician

Nigga this is actually the worst example you could have come up with. He was originally blue collar but was changed to be a scientist like every other spider-man movie villain bar sandman and venom.

yeah sure, ok.

Name one fucking superhero movie that was a 1:1 adaptation of the source material

I know right? It's almost as if it takes place in New York or something!

>oscorp

ASM was a mistake, they're not going to repeat that plot

the cartoon version always was - billionaire with a super suit

Heh... same...

*sheathes katana, nods towards you, and teleports away*

>>Goes to science highschool

In the source material, its just a regular high school. Not a "science high school". That was changed in more recent incarnations (like Webb's recent ASM2 movie).

Is That Rachel McAdams?

Yes but it is also a science high school in the new movie. So I don't think old style Flash works.

>So I don't think old style Flash works.

Lets be honest, how much of "being a jock" is even important to Flash's character? As long as he's popular and Peter isn't (which we can already see the latter from the first trailer), then you can get the same general dynamic.

Watxhhna.

its the phsyical bullying that matters though, so as long as there is some of that, its fine

that peter has to suffer through that, then gets the power to protect himself, then CHOOSES NOT TO PROTECT HIMSELF to maintain his secret identity of spider-man so he can protect others

>its the phsyical bullying that matters though
So you don't actually read comics? Got it.

Hint: Flash never actually physically bullies Peter in the source material, save for one time when he shoves Peter and knocks his glasses off. Which, you know, doesn't require being a jock to do.

>You have to be bigger than someone to physically bully them.

Idk man, I remember early high school and skinny shits like this would throw punches into nerdy kids all the time.

So much for Tony getting out of the weapons business.

>all weapon technology is 100% intentional.
>Its impossible to turn tech that was invented for non-weapon purposes into weapons

Sure thing, user.

I mean, even Sony was smart enough to keep the villains alive for the Six, no way Marvel will let them go full retard and start killing off villains again.

Hell, the only MCU movie villains to die are Stane, Whiplash, Malekith, and Ronan. Everyone else either went to jail or got magicked away to a pocket dimension.

Honestly this.
Flash can be an ottermode track kid and still hassle Pete physically.

Quads of the wise right here

he could be a villain like he was in the comics, not tied to Tony Stark at all

its the Iron Man cinematic universe bro

Daddy Stark made the super soldier formula, which led to Hulk later.

He made Cap's shield and discovered/made all the super elements in the MCU

Stark made Ultron

Stark made all of his villains

Stark brought the Avengers together

Stark made Avengers tower

STARK STARK STARK IRON MAN IRON MAN IRON MAN STARK

I mean it makes sense, it was his movie and his character that gave birth to this entire universe.