Recent Purchases/Collections

Let's take a break from Samurai Jack and show off your recent Sup Forums-related purchases and shelfies.

Pic related isn't my shelf, just here to kick things off.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rippersanime.info/viewforum.php?f=5
youtube.com/watch?v=Cjc1rFofR6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really hope you enjoy Akira enough to finish the series. It's an excellent read. Also, can you sell me on Blacksad? I have the first volume sitting on my shelf and haven't started yet. Been too busy reading Saga for the first time.

Here's mine

Fuck Samurai Jack yo

Not my shelf, user.
Blacksad is still part of my own booklog.

Cool and noir detective stories with Disney like beautiful art.

THATS MY FUCKING SHELF

Went to my local bookstore to sell some comics I no longer wanted and found this

It bothers me that you only have the first volume of Gotham Central.

Picked up these two in a second-hand bookstore for cheap. Never hear anything bout Judas Coin but looks fucking gorgeous

Nice, I picked up the set for pennies a few years ago before they announced a reprint of the trade

Found that Question for only two bucks. Looks really nice outside the dust cover as well.

these are a thing now and i want them all

I have been buying far too much as of late. But they have all been bargain bin stuff. This was all 2.50 so yeah stuff like Danger Girl was just fun cheesecake and whatever.

But that Fury Mac was amazing and enjoyed Aphrodite IX. And The Question is turned out pretty good. So a good haul even if the rest turns out like crap.

The next day i picked up a couple trades of Skydoll and loving that a lot too. They were second hand so 12$ each, still not too bad.

still waiting for my Marvel-sale Fantastic 4 Omnis vol 1-3 and Annihilation Conquest. Also ordering GL by Geoff Johns Omni 2 and 3 next month and pre-ordered Legionnaires Book One should arrive end of April.

Got a bunch of books coming in next month, will wait to take a better picture of my hardcover collection.
Instead: KINO.
And yes, I know how bad some of them are.

They are alphabetized by title character/team, thus all the Batman movies are together in chrono order, ect. Case you were wondering what the fuck.
Broad picture of muh books.

moved all that Pathfinder shit (I use it for 5e) to a new third half-shelf, now I have room for collection expansion this year.
Everything is now better organized, but I don't have a pic yet.

anybody got the Lazarus hardcovers?

good, good.

yeah, why?

I liked it enough to have saved it and look at it in awe occasionally.
I hope you didn't mind I used it as an OP pic?

I haven't heard anything about heroclix in years. Is there only an X-Static set out, or of other characters as well?

Question to all you with these amazing shelves. Do you buy floppies as well? But more on my mind is do you not read novels as well? It seems silly to tie yourself to a single medium. I have far more novels and none fiction books than i do comics or graphic novels (yes i am one who thinks there is a distinction, one is serialized short stories the other is a complete story,novel).

I have no good shelf pics cause most of my stuff is in storage atm. Hoping to go back to my dads farm and build a couple nice bookcases this summer.

I don't buy floppies.
I do buy and read books, I just have them on a separate shelf.

Mind posting that as well? If find the comparison interesting. For example most of my novels are fantasy with a little sci fi. But my movies and comics lean to sci fi

some other time, it's late where I am

Thoughts on Knightfall?

I like it
It's a lot of pages for not a lot of money and the content's pretty good if you like the premise

I'm this guy

Part of me wants them too but I know I wouldn't have anyone to play against.

Bumping with my $5 bin purchases over a year

Nice shelves,i like your tastes too.

What do you got against Samurai Jack?

I can't even figure out why you brought it up.

at least your animation taste is decent

I buy floppies, but I mainly do it for the covers. I enjoy collecting covers for a couple of the titles I read but I never read them. Everything else, I buy TPB's and digital.

Not really though. There are a few good ones like Coraline and 9 But of that small selection it's kinda bad.

I'm just worried that a Sup Forumsmrade spend that much money on every superhero and comic book related movie. Most of those are bad.

I don't buy floppies.
I read mostly comics, quite honestly. Prior to university and grad school I read like novel or two a week. I had regular 1000 page reading weeks in grad school and it put me off text. I'm sure it will fade.

Huh. I just don't have as muh time for reading novels so do fewer these days. Like you i would read a lot, a novel a week was usually my pace. Now i feel like i dont have as much time and is one of the reasons i read a lot of comics instead. It takes less time. There are other reasons of course, i love good art for one and Jodo really got me interested. But a well written novel to me is still better than a comic, but that's cause my imagination is way too over productive.

My War of Kings omni shipped from Amazon today. I hope it doesn't come all fucked up, but IST was out and said they'd be getting no more.
I am going to order the Prelude Omni from IST next week.

Last time I bought a "damaged" book from IST, I was unable to find the damage. So I took the plunge and ordered the two Buisick/Perez Avengers omnis and the fourth Hellboy Library edition.
Fyi- they have the First two BPRD HCs available as damaged as well for like 16 usd, too.

Pic related is my other recent stuff. I am done for the next few months at least.

It really depends on the indivdual. I love a good book, but I am facinated and entranced by comic books. Especially, but not only, old superhero comics. I could go on all day about all the things I love about them. They are my preferred form of entertainment.

Eh, I like James and The Giant Peach, Tintin, Ernest & Celestine, and Song of The Sea. I know that this is automatic opinion discarded tier, but I even like Legend of Korra.

Best series of Vertigo

Currently saving for a couple big comics things so my only purchases recently have been singles.

As for Collection Well.

>negative burn
Some of the best shit i ever read

Here's also some stuff I got in the mail recently. Just need the 4th and 5th Quarterly issues and I'll have the complete run.

>O'Neil Question
my man

forgot pic

O'Neil everything. The guys did do much breakthrough stuff. I have his Gl+GA stuff too, it's great

It is also like all anthologies that it is so hit and miss.

yes, but my favorite Moore stuff is in there. Yes, I like his prose better than his long form stuff. Guy could be a poet if he wanted to

>stripped book

You work for a book store?

The more he goes towards Prose the more I tune out

Are those Flash books good?

honestly, I think poetry is better suited to the comic format than stories. Both are legitimate of course, but I find that panel layout is a very good way to emphasis stansa's/lines. It can be describing exactly what is in the picture but they reinforce each other.

Actually does anyone have a recommended list for poetry comics? I doubt I would find that here cause most people read narrative stuff here but worth an ask. I have very few comics that are more prose than narative

I saw it today at my locals, should I give it a try ?

Settled on a few more Scott Pilgrim, The Goon and all five Prophet trades if all goes well this month. Which will probably mean that a deluxe Prophet will be announced the second I receive them. But hey-ho.

Birthday in May - hoping to maybe get the Sandman Absolutes.

Aidan Koch is probably the premiere poetry comics person , really you should just go to the comicsworkbook tumblr since a lot of the comics posted on there are poetry comics

If I am looking for that kind of stuff it is generally in the art and not in the writing.

Here by Richard McGuire gives me that feeling reading it.

>Logo change between 52-1 and 52-2......

Holy shit why do they do this crap, its like they know it makes people twitch and do it for laughs.. gaaah lol

whats the bottom left shelf?

I've got some books(novels) on my shelves but i dont take pics of that because this isn't /lit/, also have a bunch in boxes in my closet, if i had the room and shelfspace theyd all be out though.

I'm guessing D&D or other /tg/ material. since the other binders are D&D stuff

UP UP AND AWAY

Persepolis 1 & 2 on the left isn't mine, narrowed it from a friend and haven't read it yet.

king city, scud
my man

What I'm jealous of is all that empty space.

far too little Farside on Sup Forums

its part of a deadpool and x force expansion set and theres also a dead girl

Hey /shelf/, just moved and got some new crap cases, but I'm getting them all setup.

Got these two yesterday. They're both probably awful

Sarah Ferrick. Sec was phenomenal. I imagine her new collection Yours will be great as well.

I'm pretty pumped a Zegas collection is coming out

bump

Wondering what to read next I finish Deathlok. Want to go with a non-cape book. Bounce back and forth.

stray bullets

do eeeet

Normally not someone to recommend manga, but read Battle Angel Alita + Last Order + current Mars Chronicles afterwards (the latter is only available online so far), but it's quite a ride.

Mars Chronicle is available here:
forum.rippersanime.info/viewforum.php?f=5

traded in the last of Mind MGMT for The Unwritten, which i'll use to get the Flintstones. I also got The Eternaut. i think i'll trade it in and start reading Copra

I was hoping for something smaller after 30 years worth of Usaji Yojimbo, but it's now near the top of the list.

Do I need to read the first series to understand and enjoy Last Order? I see the initial series is OOP and I'm not a fan of reading manga online.

My shoddily thrown together dusty shelves.I need a few days off from work to reorganize these but I won't get that until June.

>trade
wtf are you taking about?

>Do I need to read the first series to understand and enjoy Last Order?
yes, you really should.
>I see the initial series is OOP and I'm not a fan of reading manga online.
maybe your local library has it? mine does.

Alright, Sup Forums, weird question.
Anyone ever buy from Barnes and Noble and their books sometimes have a weird stickyish film on the covers? It's like someone fucked up with glue or something. I hope to God it's not some autismo coming on the trades.

I sometimes have that with amazon stuff too. it's either residue from this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Cjc1rFofR6A
or from when they glie together the books at the printing press
cum would look differently I'd wager.

Huh. My initial thought was that it was glue, but I couldn't figure out a reason why.

Just got an IST order in yesterday; One Punch Man vol. 11, JSA The Golden Age deluxe, Autumn Autumnlands volume 2, Astro City: Honor Guard and the new Zatanna collection.

Just in time for me to order again; East of West deluxe volume 2 came out last week, Morrisons Doom Patrol volume 3 comes out this week, and next week has the last Chew Omnivore and the Road to War of Kings omni.

I figure you guys would be the best to answer this: do I need to read Robinson Starman to appreciate Robinson JSA?

How is the brave and the bold omni?

>that Locas HC
So fuckin' jealous every time I see this posted.

I have not read Starman, but I didn't think Robinson's (or John's) JSA were very good, user.

Up

Awesome.

Recently bought a copy of Squadron Supreme. After I handed the owner my card to pay for it he started telling me about the writer dying and his ashes being mixed with the ink for this edition.
... So yeah, I guess I own a bit of some dead guy now.

still here?

My shelf 1/4