Also don't say rock people, it's offensive

>Also don't say rock people, it's offensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bq5dNcrHE8w
youtube.com/watch?v=LlqEvkhl0So
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zuke is a shit writer, so of course the episode was bad.

This thread is shit.

He looks like he's on the verge of tears

>"SHUT UP NIGGER!"

I took it as a meta joke. Don't know if that was the intent but I laughed.

I more read the expression as confusion with a hint of disgust.

Were people here offended by that joke?

Par for the course for SU then.

Oh yes.

and here I thought that line was mocking people who say that shit

>getting offended by a joke about being offended

pottery. george lucas would be proud

Yay, another SU thread! We have been having too few for such an incredible show lately.

Honestly. it's hard to tell. They could be making fun of SJWs because they marginalize and pretend to have authority over the minorities they claim to protect. It could be making fun of more right-winged people because it's fucking Ronaldo. It could actually just be making fun of autists who make OCs and take the fandom too seriously.

I think it's a bad sign when a show starts "choosing" its fandom. Hilariously, this episode's target is so unclear it managed to upset all of them.

Nah, the episode's target was 100% clear: It was ripping into the assholes within the SU fandom by reminding them that the show is not about their ships or their personal preferences, but about the show's story.

should I give up on Steven Universe?
It's so lame now.

To me, that's part of the problem with these, "We wanna take a moment to talk about this issue..." episodes. They aren't integrated into SU very well. Ignoring how the idea of the episode came about, the story is about Steven recruiting Ronaldo as a new Gem to show him the life style of the Gems and prove they're not just monster aliens from space.

Rather than thinking, "How would Steven, the character, handle this scenario?", Steven becomes a mouthpiece for the writers. Ronaldo becomes a different kind of strawman, he's suppose to be a funny Dale-esque character but then his, "Is that love? Is THAT acceptance?" makes it obvious they're just plugging in dialogue to a random character and don't care if it matches whether or not this character would actually say it. It feels like they came up with the dialogue for Steven and Ronaldo first and then attached names afterwards.

The episode had solid ideas and jokes. Little jokes about Ronaldo basically making his own gemsona. It COULD have been pushed even further, I think. Make Ronaldo more comically childish by having him add more and more weapons to his gemsona. Like the little kid who goes, "Oh and also I have ___ power". He could have forced his way on a mission by jumping on the warp pad last minute and a little adventure could have happened. Maybe he gets kidnapped by a monster, maybe him and Steven get separated from the Gems and have to do things as a duo. There could have been some really funny callback to season 1 where Ronaldo is so annoying, Steven goes, "Wow, did the Gems think I was this whiny when I first started?", you know, just to show how far he's come.

Instead it's a big episode that is 90% lecture and 10% jokes that takes place entirely in the house and verges on being a bottle episode without the creativity that a lot of modern bottle episodes have, like Steven Floats.

Fine, "people of rock." Happy, now?

Fucking clod.

I'm giving it to the end of this season, and maybe a couple of 5, and then I'll decide whether or not to drop it.

I'll probably finish it eventually just to see how things turn out.

i t r h y m e s

oh god is this jojo reference

What the fuck do they prefer Mineral Americans?

I'll do this too.

But damn I hope Yellow Diamond learns about Steven real fucking soon.

if it was about the show's story, the story would occur more often
j-just saying, user-kun~...

>Getting triggered by this triggering
The ironing

Seriously, who the fuck thinks it's acceptable for the MAIN VILLAIN of the series to not even know of the main protagonist's existence this fucking far?

It's like if fucking Ganon didn't even know who Link was up until you fight him at the very end.

ROCKPEOPLEROCKPEOPLEROCKPEOPLE

Comics and Cartoons

It's both.

It comes off as mocking to normal people while it is smooth enough to come off as genuine to tumblrinas. I think most jokes on the show are intended to work like that, like the cross-dressed Steven thing.

This & the walk in the opening had me cringing.
Fuck did this episode suck,

kek

Was this Zuke's last episode?

>it was just another day for Steven in Beach City, when everything went to hell.
>the alarms started sounding off and Steven was hearded off into the gems secret compound with the rest of the townies. "What's going on?! Waaaahhhh!"
>"Steven..." Pearl gently placed a arm on his right shoulder. "The Atomic War... or WWII started yesterday..."
>months passed, Steven staying near Ronaldo who just fiddled around with the radio. "No word from Berlin..."
>"Any from anywhere in Eurasia?"
>"No. Heard the word 'Marquis' once from France, but..."
>another week passed, no word from the outside world. So the Gems decided to launch a expedition. "You can't go! Waaahhh!"
>"oh Steven we have to. There's got to be someone out there..." the gems left and never returned.
>months passed, Steven quickly became the local scapegoat as food supplies ran low. And for good reason, even Connie joined In the beatings. "Stop hitting me! Waaahhh!"
>it had been a year when they came. Terrible soldiers and shadow creatures stormed the bunker. Some like Greg decided to stand and fight, but most tried to hide. But not Steven, he just cried the whole time.
>the bloodbath had ended and Steven was dragged outside with most of the Townies, and a terrible dark creature with burning green eyes looked down upon them.
>"Ahahaha! Foorish Gems thought they had me beaten!" The broken shards of rock lay strewn about its feet, with Pearl a barely recognizable creature with no mouth, hands, arms, legs. (But still had the urge to scream)
>"Take these slaves to the holding pens." The Demon marched into the bunker while Steven was dragged by a man whose face was obscured by a gas mask.
>his stupid shirt was ripped from his body and he was forced to sit with the other townies. "I am Chiliarch Loud, and you are now property of Aku slavers incorporated! Submit and you shall be treated fairly, resist and-" he gestured to Gregs body, having been broken on the wheel, and finally impaled.
>"Waaahhh!"

Pls no

... please continue.

Not bad... Just who in the hell would buy Steven though?

More

This is some top-quality shitposting. I just wish most Sup Forumsntrarians were that creative.

Good job.

what did he mean by this?

Tl;dr Zuke a shit and her being fired was the best thing that could happen

Steven, the last friggin' thing I want you to do is being an even bigger embarrassment to the Brutananadilewski name than your father over here, so stopp friggin' preachin' right now.

>It comes off as mocking to normal people
As much as I'd like to believe this, it didn't feel like the show was mocking steven for saying what he said...
And it really fucking bothers me whenever they make Steven preachy, that's completely ooc. If it was Connie who said that, i wouldn't have problem, but because it's Steven, it's just cringy and transparent

youtube.com/watch?v=bq5dNcrHE8w

they clearly take the forms of humans though, there is no way that they took those forms first until they saw humans, so that must be offensive somehow.
also now i want a whole bunch of gems who unknowingly take forms of humans, but are all incredibly stereotyped visions of different types of people, shit would be hilarious.

How the fuck is rock people offensive? That is literally what they are

Or do they want everyone to understand they are aliens and have the government get involved? Actually why is this never addressed in the story?

how many episodes do we have left before no more zuke episodes

h3h3 triggered.gif

>"Quiet slutbitch!" Lars hit the bars of the cage with the electric baton, the Barcode tattoo clearly visible on his forehead. Symbolizing his new identity as property.
>Steven groaned, he hated mornings. A cold cell, completely naked, and surrounded by the constant wailing of women. Hell, he shared his cell with a few.
>Among them was Conny, who got to wear a potato sack. Why? Because Chaindog Kevin and Lars would regularly take her out of the cell and... go somewhere.
>"I wanna go home, waaahhh!"
>"Quiet!" Yelled Kevin who passed by his cell.
>"Hey Kevin," he heard Lars laugh, "wanna do what them Security massas do in interrogations?"
>Kevin turned and looked at Steven with a malicious glint in his eye. "Hey yeah... Let's experiment with fatty here... not like he used his cock anyway..."
>"Slaves! What are you doing!?"
>the two stood stunned, their hands only just inches away from the bars. "Oh massa!" Their hands retracted. "We waz only going to wash th' fatty-" Kevin pleaded.
>"Get back to your rounds!" Their superior growled and the two quickly took off running. Steven then heard heavy bootsteps and a man with a malicious grin smiled at him. On his flanks were two slave soldiers from Detroit.
>"Massa, yo sure he iz da one?" One of them drawled. "Mistis Rita don strike meh as..."
>The officer grinned. "Yeah. Tubby is our mark here... got him for dirt cheap... wait, there's one more..."
>"Slaves z68356 Fatty and f34568, step forward!" Stevens pudgy naked body did so, as did a Olive skinned woman with a heart shaped face. "Bow!" The two slaves quickly did as they were told as the cell door opened with a loud creak.
>one of the blacks holding the baton inches away from Steven's head. He sweated like he had never before. "Steven..." the slaver had opened a little book, "overweight, and Canadian apparently... why anyone bought you is beyond me. And Rosanne," he turned towards the other slave, "a communist, a frenchie, and a paid activist."

4 or 5.

The problem was that the episode was so unfunny and stale that no one is really certain who they were calling out.

This episode proved they have lost all ability to write humor and SoL

>there is no way that they took those forms first until they saw humans
Yes, its possible because the author wanted it to.
Don't forget that this is a work of fiction that doesnt take the majority of the "rules" of real life.
Or you are just trolling yabadaba 6/10 made me reply, etc.

Yeah of course the author can make shit up, but i ain't letting any wizard clear up shit that don't make no sense, all gems are now guilty of humanface for faking the forms of humans, racist stoney pricks.

Whoa, Steven is a rock person...

>Rosanne
oh shit son, i hope this is going where i think it is

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU HALFCAST ROCK PERSON SHIT
WHAT EVEN THE FUCK ARE YOU, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE?
YOU ARE THE LITERALLY SPAWN OF SOME USELESS SHIT WHO FUCKED A ROCK WHO TOOK HIS LIMP, USELESS DICK, PUT IT IN A ROCK HOLE, WHICH THEN SHAT OUT YOU
YOU ARE A CUM FILLED ROCK

they hate men
>laugh
>realize its being serious

>"Goddamn, you both must've been in the discount bin. Come on Jamal-" the two jannisaries paused.
>"Sah, our names are da same."
>The Officer pinched the edge of his nose. "Whatever. Take these two to processing. Both are not to be molested..." Both Jamal's looked bummed.
>"Shieeet."
>the two Jannisaries handcuffed Steven and Rosanne, dragging them from the dreary cell and into the cold hallway. Dead empty eyes watching from the cells as they passed, before finally leaving the hellish prison through a tightly guarded security checkpoint.
>they had been interned in what was a college dorm but had been reappropiated as the holding pens for the local area. The two passed by a mass of largely black Janissaries and white chain dogs who stared at the two with casual attraction, especially Kevin, before finally getting led into what was once a high status frat house but was now a lounge for citizens.
>the room had the smell of a cheap perfume, and a blonde woman sat on a red couch next to a malicious blonde girl who looked upon Steven with cruel dark eyes.
>"Ah, our newest addition to the plantation's work force." Rita stood up. "First rule when it comes to slaves Lola, always force them to look down. When you make eye contact, you gotta dominate them like a animal."
>Rita turned towards her new property with a sneer. "Slaves, you are now my property." She stared directly into Steven's eyes, he looked down immediately-not wanting to get beaten. "If you serve me well..." Rita turned towards Rosanne, who hesitated but eventually bent her head in submission. "Your lives will be comfortable. I know you're hoping some holdout or even feral blacks will rescue you but take it from that, that isn't going to happen. Aku hounded the Marines to death and had the Cannibal hordes exterminated. You're slaves, servants to the Loud family. Have I been clear?"
>"Yes." They both chanted.
>"Yes, what?"
>"Yes, Mrs Rita-"
>"Oh no... You're slaves so it's Mistis Rita to you."

this is getting fucking weird, keep going

I don't know why no one seems willing to admit that Steven Universe is the worst part of Steven Universe.

It's not like him doing something dumb and cringe-worthy like this is new.

Steven was a great character in 1B. He became more serious and mature while still being a kind-hearted kid. It's weird now how sometimes he'll be really intense, and others a complete retard. The balance is off. Despite all the crazy shit he's been through I feel his character has regressed somewhat since Jailbreak.

The PC term is 'minerally inclined individuals'.

fuuuuck

Goddamn it, they're Minerals.

Fuuuuck, kill me already

>Pearl gets away with insulting our entire species and all of it's progress on multiple occasions.
>Nothing happens.

>Ronaldo insults aliens who would've wanted to kill us all were it not for one turncoat.
>Bitching and whinging happens.
How is this allowed?

>the two sat, chained in the back of a crowded truck, opposite side from a hideous Black man who grinned. His deformed right eye repulsing Steven. "Ah am yo straw boss on the plantation..." he explained back at the holding pens just before whipping Steven.
>"stop! Waaahhh!"
>"Who gon stop meh, fatty?" Lars and Kevin had watched the scene and burst out laughing. "Yous cattle now, gotta break you in. Specially you fatteh, the massas are gon work you and they work yo good." Another whip.
>"Stop! Stop! Waaahhh!" Another. "I be good! I be a goot boy! Please don whip meh anymores!" Steven cried in the slave dialect. Rosanne and the others looked down on him in disgust.
>and now they were on a crowded truck headed to the Loud plantation. The road having been clear of cars long ago. Passing by a myriad of wrecked vehicles and ruined towns, it almost seemed as if it were in the middle of nowhere. "You know, that's the funniest thing." He had heard Rita talking into the phone. "Aku setting up all these wildlife preserves. I guess he likes to hunt?"
>Steven was tempted to try to jump from the truck, using his shield to escape but...
>"Waaahhh!" He instead did what he always did.
>Rosanne rolled her eyes and the Strawboss burst out laughing. "Looki here, yo outa be the worst slave ah ever seen. An I was da overseah at Freedomland!"

Gotta go to bed. Was fun.

Ronaldo is a privileged white male who was insulting refugees.

What the fuck happened with Zuke? Her earlier stuff on SU was decent.
>Chille Tid
>Catch and Release
>Too Far
>Log Date

Even some of her more recent stuff was alright.
>Steven vs Amethyst
>[/spoiler]Last One Out of Beach City [/spoiler]

Was Sugar keeping her on a tighter leash before or what?

Good autism though... I adore Steven abuse and his character portrayed accurately.

rock people

So Steven is a house slave. Makes sense.

Is joke. Is joke on cartoon to screen. You're probably autistic if you think it's anything else.

Literally shaking.

rockniggers

>rock ((people))

>people of rock

what is this face trying to convey?

This was hilarious.

>Actually why is this never addressed in the story?
bad writing just like how all of beach city has a "no weird gem shit over here" tattoo on the inside of their eyelids

Pretty sad that even Adventure Time is still holding up better than Steven Universe. Both storywise and designwise.

Don't put a / in the first spoiler next time

But if I didn't take a childrens cartoon seriously what reason would I have to be here?

Here's hoping Ronaldo joins the Black Hebrew Israelites in a future episode

All those episodes were awful

>CRY GEM BOI
>DAS RIIIITE

Same user, I thought it was funny. Sorta like the "cute" joke in Zootopia

There comes a point where oversight needs to take blame.

Afterall, we blame editors and producers when capeshit comes out a complete mess.

Man now I miss old Sup Forums. This kind of stupid shit used to be common but nowadays the greentext culture is dead. What went wrong?

I wish SU was interesting again!

do you post green texts?

That wasn't a common opinion at the time. People loved Zuke's season 2 stuff, but now they pretend like they didn't.

he's right
instead of complaining why don't you start greentexting faggot

Yeah I know, I just fucked up.

Saaaay "rock people"

He is holding back a shit.