What do you really want from Star Trek?

What do you really want from Star Trek?

Justice for the poorly written female characters.

Pathos.

More of her. I can't get enough...I need more.

I want that perfect blend of weird, unnatural shit and comfiness. Both the original series and TNG pull this off incredibly well. Particularly with Next Generation, you would have the Enterprise encountering the most far-out, balls to the wall shit, like digital lifeforms and species with no gender, but they'd be doing it all in a ship that was like a luxury cruise liner, with a full-service bar and comfy seating. That blend of the comfortable and the strange is peak Star Trek to me, and my ideal Trek show would try to capture that.

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS

I guess you can't truly appreciate it if you've never been in an abusive relationship / had an abusive family member, but that episode is emotional as fuck.

they have no photos of this man? data had a hologram reliquary of a woman he banged one time

I think part of what you're getting at is that the crew of the Enterprise, particularly the 1701-D, is made of of mature and capable professionals. The show doesn't dwell on the neurosis or relationships of the characters, and they only very rarely have misunderstandings for the sake of drama. Instead you get to these professionals take on a challenge and work together to overcome it. And that's fascinating.

The crew of a 29th century timeship travel to earlier episodes.

Moral dilemmas that can't be solved by simply shooting or punching.

Star Trek needs Discovery level visuals, TNG caliber stories and TOS style characters.

Something good enough so that I don't have to resort to watching Seth Trek.

Tits

There's an entire episode around wesley seeing him in the holodeck

forgot pic

i will seriously kill you
STAR TREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably will never happen.

>TOS style characters.
>dude i'm an x not a y lmao
b a s e d

Stories that are resolved by the end of the episode.

Good characters and interesting science fiction

More technobabble deus ex machinae that resolve all plot points are never spoken of or used again

And where are my heavy-handed messages of tolerance, may I ask? I can't always be relying on the Daily Show to make me feel smug

>>>/theorville/

For the '90s to have never ended

What the fuck, Shatner DOES NOT AGE. He looks the same now as he did back then!

it's a painting you twerp

Ironic post

just make a spin off of quarks bar dont make it too serious just have some shit happening on the side ds9 did a good job with this but I wanted more!

your mother's love for you was ironic

I want good characters and complicated sci-fi stories that pose interesting philosophical and ethical questions about leadership, interpersonal relations and our existence in the universe. And tribble episodes.

Am I the only one who thinks she's extremly attractive in a subtle, weird way? Everytime she's on the screen I can't take my eyes off her. She isn't even that smart or outrageously well good looking on paper but she's extremly captivating.

You'd think black people would stop using hair relaxer in the future, but I guess they use it on Vulcan too.

She's hot af, her first/second episode hair was the best.

Glad you agree. I have no idea how someone can radiate so much sexual energy whilst showing not a bit of skin.

Too bad she's gonna date the guy who has to wear a beard because he has no chinline in the show. Maybe he's Voq, that would make it interesting.

yeah, I actually think this gets at a big part of it. Look at Enterprise - the reason most of those episodes sucked is that the plot pivots and conflicts relied on Archer being some mixture of childishly egotistical and straight-up retarded, and there was way to much unprofessional bullshit between crew members used as a way to justify sideline plots.

That being said, there's a couple episodes of Enterprise that are a among my personal top five episodes of Any Trek, so that kind of atmosphere can work well, so long as it's not the entire show, and as long as the character motivations make more sense.

Nothing. It was always gay soft-sci space communism crap.

You must be a special kind of idiot if you think an interstellar society with post-scarcity would have a capitalist socio-economic system.

A DS9-style soap opera.

>7 characters in an ensemble piece. No "main" character.
>A gay, white, male captain, because gay is next after black dude and woman.
>One black, one asian, one latino, one woman. As long as those boxes are ticked, ignore race and gender and cast based on the strength of auditions.
>Network show.
>3/5 arc episodes, 2/5 stand-alone episodes.
>examine all sides of an argument. lean left, but not stupid-hard left.
>adherence to the lore set out in previous Star Trek series. in-universe reasons for deviations from that lore

>what do I want from star trek
Star trek I want star trek, its not difficult

Just for you, I hope the next season is set on Ferenginar.

At least one likeable character, plots that make sense, moral quandaries, no dudes kissing each other, and no rape of existing star trek shit

1 of these does not belong

wtf happened to tasha yar?

good science fiction isn't standard movie tropes set in space. You take scientific/technology concepts and write interesting stories around how those things could potentially affect humanity/reality.