Why did the movies ruin Faramir's Character?

Why did the movies ruin Faramir's Character?
Now Faramir's voice sank to a whisper. 'But this much I learned or guessed, and I have kept it ever secret in my heart since: that Isildur took somewhat from the hand of the Unnamed, ere he went away from Gondor, never to be seen among mortal men again. Here I thought was the answer to Mithrandir's questioning. But it seemed then a matter that concerned only the seekers after ancient learning. Nor when the riddling words of our dream were debated among us, did I think of Isildur's Bane as being this same thing. For Isildur was ambushed and slain by orc-arrows, according to the only legend that we knew, and Mithrandir had never told me more.
`What in truth this Thing is I cannot yet guess; but some heirloom of power and peril it must be. A fell weapon, perchance, devised by the Dark Lord. If it were a thing that gave advantage in battle. I can well believe that Boromir, the proud and fearless, often rash, ever anxious for the victory of Minas Tirith (and his own glory therein), might desire such a thing and be allured by it. Alas that ever he went on that errand! I should have been chosen by my father and the elders but he put himself forward. as being the older and the hardier (both true), and he would not be stayed.
'But fear no more! I would not take this thing, if it lay by the highway. Not were Minas Tirith falling in ruin and I alone could save her, so, using the weapon of the Dark Lord for her good and my glory. No. I do not wish for such triumphs, Frodo son of Drogo.'
'Neither did the Council,' said Frodo. 'Nor do I. I would have nothing to do with such matters.'
`For myself,' said Faramir, 'I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen

among other queens: not a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor; and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise.
'So fear me not! I do not ask you to tell me more. I do not even ask you to tell me whether I now speak nearer the mark. But if you will trust me, it may be that I can advise you in your present quest, whatever that be-yes, and even aid you.'

In the books he is shown to be wise and completely refuses the power of the ring....
What was the purpose of Jackson to ruin Faramir's character...

Jackson was trying to reinforce the ability of ring to tempt good men, the films may have made a few shitty changes but this is not one of them.

How is this not one of them you moron? They literally butchered Farmir. since Faramir stays with the stroy till the end in the movies it made perfect sense to make him as he was in the book, wise and humble and not power hungry as a contrast to his brother who died desiring the ring.

>conflicted but wise character vs boring author avatar
>preferring the author avatar
Bookfags are the fucking worst

There was literally no point to Faramir without that speech.

they probably didn't think that brainlets would understand how tempting the ring is supposed to be if they aren't reminded every 10 seconds about it

>author avatar
tom the bomb wasn't even in the movie, retard

>author avatar

But Beren wasn't in the movie?

"As far as any character is 'like me', it is Faramir".

J.R.R. Tolkien; Humphrey Carpenter, Christopher Tolkien (eds.), The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 180, (dated 14 January 1956)

Why is that at all important?

Basically this and they were right

You can't adapt everything, every character is, in a way or more, different in the books. I think Sam was the closest to his counterpart and people still assume he was gay.

Because PJ doesn't get LOTR at all. Actual nobility and strong moral convictions are inconceivable to him.

Errr.. no, Frodo tells sam to turn back alone and he does it (even for a second is too long).

Almost all the good characters were ruined in the movies, except perhaps Sam and Gendalf.
This includes Frodo that in the books had segments that made him out to be mighty and strong willed as oppose to only having whinney/angry segments like in the movies.
Why, I have no idea.
Nobody ever complained about any characters after reading the books thats for sure.
For example there was no fucking reason, and it in fact hurt the movie, to change theoden the way they did.
It was just a bad call and they were simply trying to make aragorn the main guy in the movies but they also made him into a pussy post modern character so no amount of rewriting other characters to seem weaker next to him made him look any better.

So many awesome monlogues were not included in the movies..But they just HAD to invent a Legolas skaeboarding from stairs segment didnt they.

>REEEEEE why they depict my monolithic chad characters like actual struggling human beings in the movies

autism everyone

That says more about the audience than Sams portrayal in the movie.

>le if you think someone is gay then you must be gay yourself meme

That's not what I mean at all. More that they can't conceive of camaraderie and devotion between men outside of fudge packing.

>He didn't watch the appendices