Holy shit, this game literally doesn't make any sense

Holy shit, this game literally doesn't make any sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

usquidditch.org/about/rules
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Mistakes_in_the_Harry_Potter_books
youtube.com/watch?v=TOojbU3oTFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The game would only stop when someone catches the snitch, so what was the point of scoring goals then?

I remember this actually, its because catching the snitch gave you 150 points or something, but if the other team had more than 150 more points than you then you'd still lose by catching it. So you'd need to have your guys score a few more before catching it

Well you dont win when you get the snitch so i guess you just have to wait until you need less than 150 points to win before you catch it.

>Harry soared towards the ground in an attempt to catch the Snitch, but suddenly found it lodged in his throat, having almost swallowed it. After very nearly choking, he coughed it onto his hand, scoring 150 point and winning Gryffindor the match 170 to 60.
THE GAME DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER ONLY THE SEEKERS DO!

>slytherin

Getting the Snitch gives 150 points. It doesn't win the game. Normal goals matter.

>two handsome boys
>broomstick rubbing their dicks
>broomstick rubbing up their butt

after the game, they met up and did ... stuff

What if someone else catches it?

so the rest of the team only matters if theyre such shit that they give up a 150 point lead early on

i don't think this semen slurping sport is for me lads

The score was 60 - 20, Slytherin was dominating Gryfindor, but guess what, Harry caught the snitch and increased Gryfindor's score 750% and got them the win. Are you seriosuly going to tell me that is not some flawed fucking set up of sports rules?
It's al about the snitch, the rest of the game doesn't matter.

>we introduce new football rule
>the team that catches rabbit first gets 10 goals
>you can still win without catching rabbit
>you only need 10 goals lead
150 points is too fucking much. The game was completely retarded.

The point is though that Harry Potter is a GOOD player who caught the snitch very quickly, if he was shit then Slytherin could have scored another 15 goals and Harry catching the snitch wouldn't have mattered at all

In the books it explains that you don't win a session by number of wins but rather but overall total points. So them normal goals add up over time.

but the wc was a knockout tournament wasn't it

its like laziest possible way to add a 'main character position' to whats already a functional team sport without it

Listen here you fucking idiot the J.K. Rowling is a hack and over valued the snatch far too greatly and it simply breaks the game. 150 points is way too much, and even the Us Quiditch organization only made a Snitch capture worth 30 points because having it be worth 150 is just outrageous.
link related usquidditch.org/about/rules

It's usually not so easy to get the snitch, so it's possible for you to actually lose the game if you get the snitch

It's such a shit game that people actually play it IRL

"No!"

But only if your team sucks so fucking bad that they are already losing by over 150 points, do you see the main flaw in the rule? If you're losing by ore than 150 in the first place your team doesn't even deserve to be a contender because you're getting BTFO so badly.

>usquidditch.org/about/rules
so the seeker can't do anything but hold the ball until 18 minutes in? sounds shit.

>snatch

Look this is really fucking simple.

Catching the snitch gives your team 150 points and ends the game, meanwhile a chaser throwing a quaffle into one of the three goal hoops at the opposing end of the field grants 10 points. Additionally the beaters are 24/7 on the lookout to maim people on the opposing team and protect people on their team by smacking the bludgers about.

The position of Seeker actually requires immense skill which isn't very well portrayed in the series because Harry is likewise immensely good at it. For a more average game it can take the seeker many hours to locate the snitch which gives the chasers time to score dozens of times.

The books even shows us a case where the best seeker in the world (Krum) caught the snitch but lost the match because the 150 points wasn't enough to tip the scales.

tl;dr You're drastically overestimating how hard it is to score with a quaffle and drastically underestimating how hard it is to locate and catch the snitch to end the game.

You can't soar towards the ground. Soaring by definition means you are going up. Is all the writing this bad?

the snitch was released after some time into the game i think.

You're all missing the big picture here; Harry Potter as a franchise is utter garbage and J.K. Rowling writes herself into constant plotholes that people blindly refuse to acknowledge like pic related.
tl;dr J.K. ROWLING IS A FUCKING HACK

This. Why not just put everyone on catching the snitch?

Only the Seeker can catch the snitch, much like how only the goalie can use his hands in Soccer. This is made very clear in the rules.

the game should have just been first seeker to catch the snitch wins, no goals or goalies, everyone else is a beater or whatever and tries to fuck up/defend the seeker

wtf why has it not been posted yet

It literally doesn't make any sense anyone would find any reason in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Im curious about more plot holes besides timetravel, because yeah that was geniuenly retarded but what else was there that would be just as bad?

Shut up we're talking quidditch

This. We are all waiting on it, someone has to have it.
>He fucked it up
Wheres the photo, Captain Autismo?

How did wizards manage basic life skills like accounting if they never learnt simple things like maths?

If your team is losing by more than 150 points then it's only going to get worse because you suck

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DULLEST FRANCHISE GUY??? IS HE DEAD? WHERE ARE YOU BRO?!

magic

The snitch should only score you around 20 points or something in that margin, and it would require you to catch it a set amount of times to insta finish the game or one team wins by getting to a set amount of points first. (with or without snitch)

Here you go, all of the Potter plot holes you could ever want.
link related
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Mistakes_in_the_Harry_Potter_books

>A quidditch game allows each team to have a maximum of four players who identify as the same gender in active play on the field at the same time.
>who identify as the same gender

>That pic
This is looking pretty fucky, what's the context?

As for plotholes it always pissed me off that Grawp, hagrids giant brother calls him Hagrid which means hagrid purposefully told his own brother to refer to him by his last name. Also no one else ever refers to hagrid as Rubeus, what's that about?

Wasn't there a ps2 era quidditch game and has anyone played it? I wonder how that played out, I imagine kinda like fifa but catching the snitch would still be random af cause I don't think you can control snitch catcher

That's what they had (((Goblins))) for

>Also no one else ever refers to hagrid as Rubeus
I think Dumbledore did, but sometimes a last name just becomes sort of a nickname

I know Sup Forums hates this guy but this is his take.

youtube.com/watch?v=TOojbU3oTFw

What the hell bro? I made the exact same thread yesterday. Here's your (You), now kys.

No, you win by default, no matter what

To be fair anyone running around with one hand holing a broom between their legs and cosplaying as a harry potter nobody is pants on head retarded.

Kek (((Goblins)) and their (((Galleons))) based off of fractional reserve banking.
They got what they deserved.

I think it makes sense. I actually like it, it sounds like a lot of fun.
Not enough fun to stick a fake broom between my legs and run around with a bunch of autists pretending to fly, mind you. But fun.

>In the early printings of the Scholastic edition, there are some books which were bound incorrectly, the spine and cover having been bound inverted. Upon opening, one notices that the text seems inverted, that the first page ones sees is really the last of the book.

Christ, this really does read like an autist wrote it.

>The boa constrictor at the Zoo supposedly winked at Harry during their conversation. As snakes don't have eyelids in real life, it is impossible for them to wink. The snake may have instead contracted his facial muscles around his eyes to appear to wink, though the possibility of even this is debatable. It is also possible, if unlikely, that snakes in the Harry Potter universe are slightly different from their real world counterparts, which would go along with their apparent higher intelligence.

Oh my god how defensive are you gonna be.

I say this as a fan of the series, anyone doing that is cringey as fuck and needs to step back and reexamine their existence.

>The gender that a player identifies with is considered to be that player’s gender, which may or may not correspond with that person’s sex. This is commonly referred to as the gender maximum rule. USQ accepts those who don’t identify within the binary gender system and acknowledges that not all of our players identify as male or female. USQ welcomes people of all identities and genders into our league.

>For more information on USQ’s philosophy on gender equality, please see Title 9 ¾.

Hahahaha

JK "World building? what world building" Rowing everybody.

Makes more sense than baseketball tbqh

Holy shit how fucking gay can one fanbase be?

> JK Rowing

kricket doesn't make any sense

>its a symbol, its symbol!
he is a hack. He is talking about schizophrenia and explaining his own state of mind where people see meaning everywhere, the illusions. Greeks probably never even thought of curiosity, they didn´t have the muse for it.

it genuinely seems like a satirical piece, but it's not

It was invented by a woman

That's weird, I think world-building is literally all the Harry Potter books did well.

No you don't

This rule probably solves more problems than it creates

>the best seeker in the world
>there's only one thing that can make them lose the game
>the one thing is quite hard to do
>he literally fail not to do it

No lmao, we barely know what the distinctions of magic does. Not to mention the utter lack of politics concerning the Wizengamot.
Other shit too, like why other countries like France or the U.S don't help out the UK.
We don't even know roughly how many wizards live in the UK. (it's an incoherent mess and you could argue as low as a few thousand to over a hundred thousand due to contradictory information.)

Yeah, that's fair. I guess I never really put too much thought into it.

This, vagina people can't into sports

so then she tried to make a story about it, the cursed child, but this is CURRENT YEAR rowling so it was fucking awful.

>dorms are separated by gender
>but quidditch teams are obligated to be unissex and gender is what you identify with

the context is that in bongland they let children drink at 16 or something and that is what the picture is, it was her birthday.

>It is well researched that sports participation improves the lives of those who identify as or are perceived as female, and levels the “playing field” not only in sports but in every aspect of society.
>those who identify as or are perceived as female
I wonder if they have sauce for this extremely vague and non committal blanket statement

>You will never get to sniff Draco's underwear after a quidditch match

Why live?

this

Will Emma Watson's career be suddenly rewarded for not coming out against her Jew masters?

literally every flaw in the Harry Potter series can be attributed to JK Rowling being a hack

Fun fact: Rowling invented Quidditch after a fight with her boyfriend specifically to have a sport that could piss off men
>Quidditch was invented in a small hotel in Manchester after a row with my then boyfriend. I had been pondering the things that hold a society together, cause it to congregate and signify its particular character and knew I needed a sport. It infuriates men, in my experience (why is the Snitch so valuable etc.), which is quite satisfying given my state of mind when I invented it.
I guess this thread proves how successful her plan was

>replying to the bot that reposts the most popular threads to keep the website from dying

back in high school everyone of us calls each other by our last names.

Sure, if you accept the idea of these developmentally retarded neckbeards as men.

Is based “no!” poster dead?

It infuriates anyone, Rowling just calls out men specifically because the women she talks to probably know as much about how sports work as she does