Dr. Strange worth watching

Is this any good? Like does it stand out from other marvel movies? I love Tilda Swinton and don't mind Beandick Cuminbum, but I'm not convinced it's worth seeing in theaters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKm4ueVuxpY
youtube.com/watch?v=lXmenOZArts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No it's not

It's alright

Yes it is.

I find most of the marvel films very bland and boring, but I enjoyed this movie.
My only problem is brushing over his time as a doctor by the 20 minute mark. Him as a Surgeon was much more interesting.

Well its a movie, and it has a runtime. So... you'll probably watch it.

better than your average marvel movie

I just finished watching it myself and it's decent I suppose. Does some good things with CGI but it has the standard pitfalls of Marvel and Disney and is generally bland.

I wouldn't pay money to watch it.

It's a fun movie with some interesting concepts, a solid lead performance, likeable side characters, great effects and decent action.

It was alright. I expected worse.

>in theaters
shit's been on video for like three months now my dude

It's actually a real fun time. I hate all the fucking cape shit nowadays. I actually saw this movie in rehab and rolled my eyes when they put it on. By the end tho I had a blast with it. Neat visuals and some cool pseudo-Sci fi plot stuff.

its good considering the source material is very hit and miss

I'm not sure how I feel like starting off with dormammu, he's a bigger danger than every villain in the movie universe combined, including thanos and death, and he got beaten pretty easily

but in a way, it confirms that strange works on a different level than everyone else, this is exactly how Fantastic 4 should be handled as well, by going bigger than everyone else, let tony and cap handle the terrestrial threats

Its average

Watch it on acid. Or watch it on a subtle psychedelic. Or just get high on something at least. Watching it on ketamine is pretty intense. Just layers on layers. It's not a good story or anything but the visuals are just good.

It isn't bad.

It's alright but it's heavily carried by CGI and good performances from its lead actors.
The psychedelic sequences are fun.

It's very very good. Beautiful effects, very rarely is there a downtime in the movie (this could be a con too I guess?), the ending is kind of meh but yeah imo it's really good.

Yes, it's good because it's on this list.

Where the fuck do you live that Dr. Strange is still in theaters?

It came out over a year ago. What the hell?

Jesus Christ, who the fuck made this list? Reddit?

>Is this any good?
Some original vfx scenes and plenty of quips
>worth seeing in theaters.
maybe

Capekino, it's awesoume.
I love super hero movies!

>no Little Nicky
Pleb af

Does it stand out? Not really. It's like Ant Man. Doesn't really stick out but it has some fun moments. Enough to be entertaining. Solid 6/7 out of 10. Less annoying than Force Awakens.

His photographic memory and sentient cape are literally the only reasons why he survives half the shit he comes across which becomes a bit of a crutch. I just feel bad for the bad guys who have been studying for years to be as good as they are and this random dude stumbles in the front door and seemingly within a couple months becomes better than everyone else.

>but I'm not convinced it's worth seeing in theaters

wat

he wasnt beaten retard. Dormammu is unkillable, he was just outwitted. which is essentially comics dorrmy

>in theaters.

What the FUCK was his problem

>very rarely is there a downtime in the movie

the whole first hour is downtime dipshit. no need to shill you mousefuck. its long been out

youtube.com/watch?v=oKm4ueVuxpY
>children level ideas

It's ok. Solid flick.

Reavers.

retarded wojacks posters

Love it.

It is definitely worth watching for some of the visual effects as well as the way the final boss is beaten. It's generally not a very interesting experience beyond that though. Your time won't feel wasted if you see it but it's not going to really stick with you.

Definitely one of the best Marvel flicks

Iron Man: magic edition
Visuals team went all out and it could've been so much more but they made it a boring run off the mill Marvel origin story.

It's alright. Effects are nice. Worth a watch I would say.

Or maybe stop being a degenerate and perceive reality and fiction as what they are you fucking weak shit

Why? Taking something doesn't make you a degenerate. It's experiencing things that's available in life you utter fucking virgin. I'd rather die knowing I've experienced something rather than die a never ending sober faggoty disappoinment.

I despise Marvel movies. To me they just epitomise the stale lack of creative that’s running through Hollywood these day. The only movies produced by Marvel that have been anything above mediocre that I’ve seen are Dr Strange and Iron Man 3.
What differentiates the Dr Strange is the writer director team of Robert Cargill (Carlyle from Spill.com Aka Massawyrm from AIKN) and Scott Derickson. For anyone who has been familiar with Cargill from his work in podcasting over the years you probably know one thing - the guy loves and understands genre film. Just hearing the enthusiasm he has talking about film especially without Junkfood Cinema I think it’s apparent that the same enthusiasm is found in Dr Strange. The character is smart, the jokes aren’t quipfiller, the resolution actually has a capacity of intelligence to it and Bennydicked Camelsnatched is charismatic without being played as charismatic oh you eye rolls.

It was nice to see Benjamin Bratt still getting work

It would've been much better if they downplayed the comedy IMO. It came across as really clunky most of the time and unlike most MCU films seemed unfitting.

It's a bit above average, nice visuals, benidictum is as good as always, nice concepts, but expect lame jokes involving beyoncé

It's ok. For capeshit standards, it's great. For normal standards, it's not terrible.

It's not worth going in theaters, get comfy in your bed and just stream it

Dormammu, I've come to quip

loved the dark superpowers.. totally overpowered. almost invisible short swords!

Mister Doctor and the cape drying his tears could've been removed and we could've had the deleted scenes instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=lXmenOZArts

Whoa, you got him there. I'm sure that user is gonna be mad that he didn't "experience things that are available in life." You have such a way with words. Absolute genius.

Sup Forums friends, is this user right about the power levels?

>than die a never ending sober faggoty disappoinment
you are what you make of yourself, if you need drugs to not be a "disappointment" it tells a lot about yourself

There's no inclination there that suggests I NEED drugs. I stopped 3 years ago. But I wanted to experience them at least once. It was to see how they affected my body. I find chemicals fascinating.

Suffers from the same interesting but underdeveloped villain syndrome as other Marvel movies. I do not understand why they do that.

Literal garbage, worst MCU film.

Go watch some actual kino like Justice League and support /ourguy/ Zack.

It's a marvel movie, so it's worth at least the time you spend watching it.
Rushed pacing. Lame villain, but Strange is a good character. Some trippy visuals. Good ending.

it's good to watch and notice why these look so flat and cheap and how they can't maintain a tone without a quip

even the "cool" scenes feel shitty. What could have been neat visuals and a different set of colors strikes you as completetly off and still under the same 'filter'

the ghost conversation on the balcony pretending to be serious is ridiculous

It's good but kind of forgettable.
Cumberbatch nailed this role but the plot is not that interesting
the ancient one was good
Chiwetel was great.
But the plot is just meh

The bill always comes DUE

It's fun to watch Cumberpatch's comical american accent

Had the dropped the non-stop quipping and "funny" visual gags that marvel loves so much it could have been way better. But it's alright if you're bored and just want to be entertained for a while.
Also this

One of the few cases where the heavy CGI actually enhances a movie and creates something original and interesting rather than acting as a crutch. I guess the plot is... fine? I'd call it at least 50th percentile MCU, so if you can think of at least 8 others that you consider "worth it" then go ahead. Also,
>theaters
?

Worth it for the visuals alone. Story is not much unfortunately.

Blegh. Visual effects were top tier. Thought it was pretty boring overall.