Hehe well mr Fassbender, now that you have ordered 3 glasses with the wrong sign, I know for sure you're not german...

>Hehe well mr Fassbender, now that you have ordered 3 glasses with the wrong sign, I know for sure you're not german, and I'm going to kill you!
>Bitch wait...what? You just determined i'm not a german because I did a 3 sign with the "wrong fingers"?
>y-yeah that's n-not how we do it in germa..
>bitch hol' up I'm not done talking...what the fuck? You do fucking know that Germany is literally the result of like 4 or 5 different countries and kingdoms that decided to band together, right? Kingdoms with completely different cultures, bitch, I'm guessing you also think they celebrate Oktoberfest in Köln, don't you?
>N-no I mea--
>-shut up senpai, Are you from Berlin?
>Brandenbu-
>Brandenburg, yeah figured, look you fucking twat, I really fucking hope you either change your mindset or that you never step a fucking foot in Bavaria or Baden-Württemberg, because you'd fucking start an ethnic cleansing over there as soon as you start hearing someone speak in Swabian because you'd say "OH WHOOPS, YOU AINT SPEAKING IN HOCHDEUTSCH, THAT MUST MEAN YOU'RE NOT A GERMAN!", bitch not 10 minutes ago you were completely clueless as to where my home village was located, and you accepted my accent because you said "yeah you know...Germany is a pretty big country, and I don't know it all", so how the fuck are you now saying that "lmao dude, if you don't make a 3 sign with these fingers, you're absolutely not german?...know what? Fuck out of here white boi, right fucking now, go back to the fucking SS headquarters and don't bother me anymore, gotta fuck this bitch in less than 2 hours before my wife notices I'm missing, so you best don't get in the way of me and my sex life or I'll turn your dick into a fucking sliced currywurst, you hear me?

It was during a war and the real officer used words first to further confirm his suspicion.

>an American poster pretending to know what’s like being german
Heck off

Currywurst was not invented until after the war, therefore you are a time traveler.

the guy was right but you'e going to sit here and criticise his methodology? Get a new hobby, friendo.

Autism, the post

Also as a German watching the movie in English I knew immediately he fucked up.

Wait, it was about the fingers?
I thought he said 3 wrong with an accent.

Fingers don’t mean anything.

The language of le 56%.

We count with the thumb first in Germany

What gave him away?

Epic. Simply epic, topicstarter deserves gold.

Went to an english pub in my country and asked for two beers with my hand which I forgot was a bad sign in england. He got pissed but I just dabbed three times from left to right and did the waterbottle challenge with a glass of beer so it was ok and he actually tipped me 5 dollars of coins

And making a 4 like that looks retarded.

That's all well and good, except for the fact that signs like this were heavily regulated and drilled into your head to avoid confusion on the battlefield. Look into it, it's actually pretty interesting. There is no way an officer or really even just a common foot soldier would ever fuck this up.

>It’s a “Tarantino learns some small trivia and makes up an entire dialogue about it” episode

Royal with cheese was not enough, I reckon

>this entire post

>okay but the fact remains that I'm right and you're a fucking spy. I've been skeptical of you this whole time and you failed to prove me wrong, and I'm fucking right, don't try to make up some shit, I'll shoot you right now.

This sort of shit happened quite often though. One British spy was caught because she looked the wrong way when crossing a street, as only the British would look right instead of left.

serious autism op

Obviously you show the four by retracting your thumb, idiot.

His fucking accent. Fassbender sounds and acts suspicious af if you watch the English version as a german speaker. Even if the other guy in that scenesays „fair enough don’t know aourtown and your accent but it’s possible“. All that. the accent, thebackstory with the unknown hometown etc. plus his retarded fingers add up to set alarms off.

That’s very interesting

Source?

FACT Til Schweiger was the only watchable part of that shit.

He's German, he posted this on Sup Forums once

Fair point Jabroni, but let me ask you this. What you doin' chilling here with Hugo Stiglitz? Don't you know every German and Sam Jackson knows who he is?

I don't know about regular Heer soldiers, but the Gestapo was pretty keen on keeping an eye out for these sorts of things. In the French resistance, a British spy who had been sent to collect data from French soldiers got caught because he kept looking the wrong way before crossing the street.
It's small, but can fuck you over if noticed.

How do you sign the number 2 in UK?

Middle and pointer finger

Damn
Germans are even more autisctic than i initially thought

Thank you. This is what should have given them up, not Tarantino's oh-so-clever hand bullshit. Fucking Hugo Stiglitz was a foot away from him, and he was an SS officer. There is fucking no way that he didn't recognize Stiglitz immediately.

Pls no make fun of me

Chinks count with their hands differently to westerners. Definitely a give away for different cultures.

What? That's how it's usually done here though, like a peace sign except you show the back of your hand instead of the palm

Guillermo Del Toro tv series about vampires. The Strain. On of the villains is a nazi who was infected with vampirism during world war 2.

She, more like

Cheeky.

the strain
but he wasn't flicking his ciggy at her corpse he was just having a good day cause people were respecting him for being in the SS he was actually really sad she died he joined the SS just to impress her but then he turned evil nazi and then he turned into a vampire and now he's a vampire nazi

Ah thanks I remember now. She'd only been recently parachuted in, and couldn't adapt fast enough to superior continental road directions.

>bitch, fucking, yeah? bitch fucking shut up, bitch
cringe deluxe

You make fun of me because I'm special user :(

>bitch, I'm guessing you also think they celebrate Oktoberfest in Köln, don't you?
Wait what? They don't? I thought Koln was supposed to be a cesspool of degenerate drunkards.

edgy...

That’s awfully autistic then.

is this pasta? it's delicious

>awfully autistic then

He's german after all

so? I do that and I'm American. guess I'd make a good secret agent

>Obviously you show the four by retracting your thumb, idiot.
Fucking retarded. A practical culture should realise that if you have to retract your thumb for 4 anyway, then they may as well just do it for 1-3 too.
Watching a German countdown from 5 with their hand is ridiculous.

>start with thumb
>retract thumb
>open thumb again
you absolutely deserved dresden

>Hanz, our perfect system nein work for the 4.
>It hurts mein hand.
>Maybe we should switch sequence for the last part, to preserve our Allemagna efficiency, Fritz
>oh ya, ya. That’ll do
>mein sides

If you count starting with your index finger you have a lot more movements with your thumb. The German way you literally only change your thumb's position for the 4 and 5, other way around you change almost every finger for every number.

this is better dialogue than the actual movie

Del taco was only involved with the first season, and it shows.

I heard about that. She tried to cross the street and almost got run down, which is when the cops noticed and she got outed.

Another one failed to eat soup with the correct spoon-holding etiquette. Both of these incidents occurred in occupied France I believe

>Gestapo officer doesn't immediately recognise Hugo Stiglitz, who "everyone in the German military" knew because he had turned traitor and murdered like a dozen Gestapo officers, sitting right next to him

THIS was the movie's real sin, not that dumb le wrong fingers gesture autism that Tarantino concocted.

>Germans in charge of counting
start with a fist, thumb rests across finger, each finger goes up, thumb stays over fingers
1. thumb goes up for 5
vs
Start with a fist, thumb rests across fingers
1. thumb goes up, followed by each finger in turn
2. thumb goes down for 4
3. thumb goes up for 5

Holding down the pinky with your thumb is awkward as fuck though, the german way doesn't ever separate the pinky and ring finger and is a lot more comfy

This.

Middke and your thumb

>Accent is so weird a drunk private notices to it
>SS officer agrees and decides to investigate because they can do this shit with impunity to even officers
>Fassy has an equally weird backstory

I know this is bait but a lot of people just focus on the fingers part without regard to this. Is it because the former was boring talky parts and the finger part was done, rather well, in a single shot?

Also he's with a 10/10 movie actress.

Im pretty sure all of western europe uses their thumbs for ‘3’, so youre wrong

Do you have arthritis, or a tiny thumb? How it it awkward?

What doesn't make sense about this scene is not that he caught Fass for not counting with his thumb first, but that Fass would make that mistake. I took two years of German in college, and even I knew that. This dude was fluent and critiqued German films. He wouldn't make that mistake.

I'm australian, but I also posted multiple times on Sup Forums as a german
Really makes you think

Yeah, especially when they're beating poor heroic german officer, he straight up says "everyone knows who Hugo is", or something to that effect.

Yeah, it's not like they spelled it out for you in the fucking movie or anything. I wonder how some of youn people make it through life.

Amerimutt larping again.
Every German signs it with his thumb

t. german

Is it just me, or did anoyne else read this in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson?

Dang

now im doing it fuck you hahah

Tarantino on suicide watch