Press F for Powerless

NBC has pulled the episodes from their slot last few weeks so it looks like the axe will be coming soon.

What could have happened? Could it have survived sticking close to the original pilot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28mV0bATS1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had no idea this was going to be a thing.

But no, it would have been bad because they don't have enough of the well established characters from the original series, that and they'd need the actual actors to reprise their roles for it to work well.

is it kill?

The comedy was pretty flat. And the superhero references were kinda just thrown in there. didnt have a very strong concept.

>Retcon Insurance

That sounds cooler than what we actually got.

I honestly forgot all about it.

It's good on paper but I needed more.

It have used a character like Marvel's She-Hulk being a regular cast member, but I struggle to think of anything DC that could fill that role. I guess they technically have the rights to Birdman, but that's a messy can of worms to open.

It was on NBC and didn't have either a majority black cast or quirky white girls.

It was doomed from the start.

The concept was just not strong enough to sustain a long-running show.

The cast is pretty entertaining, though.Specially Alan Tuddyk, he's hilarious.

should do a comedy about DC heroes doing their day job as their alter egos.

wat

Aw I Iiked it, the male cast and Vanessa Hudgens were great. That weird female coworker sucked though, she was like a comedy black hole.

Which one, the secretary or the scientist?

The scientist, I actually forgot the secretary existed

F

Justin Halpern is a cursed showrunner/writer

it was sadly a much broader area to work with other than than some quickly trod over Wayne Tech gag.

That seemed to be a problem. The show needed a different style to work I think. An hour long comedy drama would have flowed better than a half hour crammed with gags with little to no thought to their placement.

Shit sucked. Gave it three episodes and ditched it after, couldn't muster any fucks for any of the characters. Wasn't even funny!

>NBC cancelling a show early
must be another day were the sun rose

God-tier intro youtube.com/watch?v=28mV0bATS1k

According to Wikipedia it's supposed to be back on in like two weeks or something (I checked last week after I tuned in and got that pretty good John Lithgow murder farce instead. Which is a better show)