Why is this so underrated?

reminder that hector did nothing wrong

it was pretty boring

Brad Pitt isn't a believable Hercules, should have cast Idris Elba

Because hector lost while being the good guy, people want happy endings after all.

not enough diversity obviously

its not accurate to the source material at all, still a good film though

ditching the gods for realism and then put a million ships didn't help

Bait
Childhood is think Hector is right
Adulthood is realizing Aquilles made more sense
These are the right answers OP

it's pure kino that even bloom couldn't manage to ruin

This. They tried to get to"historical" about it, probably because it was right on the heels of LOTR and didn't want to look like a copy paste job

It just needed better poster

>hector was the good guy
check out this pleb
The only thing Achilles did wrong is disrespecting his body.

sequel when?
Reminder that Sean Bean played Odysseus

ok what the fuck i didnt know that

>TrrT no one not even yourself

>supporting the nigger that didn't fight for anything but himself

Hector was the best man in the movie, he tried to save his little brother and his city unlike that faggot Achilles.

Where is my Odysseus sequel?

Holy shit I never noticed.

Does he have more hair than usual?

because of gladiator too, they wanted that kind of realism

Because they changed the story. Menelaus is supposed to be the good guy who wins back Helen in the end, while Paris is just Aphrodite's little bitch boy. Also, Achilles doesn't do shit in the story except for kill Hector. First half of the story he throws a tantrum on the beach because the King too his his slave waifu, and then the other half of the story he cries about his dead boipucci.

>Hercules

Good movie that did a shit portrayal of the story.

Achilles was no simple foot soldier. He was King of the Myrmidons, and he is simply portrayed as a servant who must vow to the king of kings Agamemnon.

The casting of Agamemnon was shit too. He was a warrior king in his prime that would fight at the front line even with Hector himself if it came to that.

Trying to adapt the Iliad without the intervention of the Gods is just silly.

Fuck this perfectly fine and good KINO movie.

>Script by David Benioff
here's why it was so shit, nihilistic and edgy

this is bait

>Trying to adapt the Iliad without the intervention of the Gods is just silly.
Why? I liked the realistic approach to the story. Remember, the trojan war was a real event.

>ancient Greece is such a cool setting
>hardly any works of fiction younger then 3000 years exist off it
to life is to suffer

>Achilles was no simple foot soldier. He was King of the Myrmidons
Imagine being so badass that you're the king of a Fire Emblem class

it was a good movie, ending was weak and felt rushed

I think it was partly the fact that they left out the gods from the story, which is incredibly stupid considering this is a movie and gods in the movie would have made it more interesting. The story was also changed slightly which was disappointing and pointless. Brad Pitt was also being an arrogant douche the whole film and extremely unlikeable. I also think it was directed poorly. Also, the soundtrack was not very memorable, seemed generic. Not many memorable shots or performances either. It was a very dry movie filled with dumb cliche's from Gladiator. Most of all though, I just did not like Brad Pitt in this film, he just seems like a gigantic douche envisioned by some fagboys wet dream of an invincible model looking guy who cucks everyone around him. The film just felt poorly thought out, like it was made by hollywood gays with coke/meth fried brains jacking off to brad pitt.

They wouldn't even have land if it weren't for Achilles and his 1 on 1 wars nigger.

And he showed even MORE love to his cousin than Hector did to his little brother.

If you didnt want to be achilles after watching this movie (at least up to the hector vs achilles fight) you are a pussy beta bitch

>haha so true guys amIright? alpha lmao. brb going to le gym to get PUMPED bruh lmoa

I’m so glad you weren’t in charge of this movie, otherwise we’d have another gay ass movie like this

>And he showed even MORE love to his cousin than Hector did to his little brother.

There’s no reason to believe this.

Let’s be honest though. The king of Troy (can’t remember his name) did everything wrong. First, he didn’t listen to Hector’s advice about not attacking the beaches when the Greek army was getting ready to leave. This resulted in the death of Achilles cousin which prolonged the war. Then he also ignored Paris’s advice about burning the horse.

He was supposed to be Achilles, not Hercules/Heracles

I wanted to be Hector after this movie, with his swarthy handsome Mediterranean looks

HECTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

>the rise of hector posting begins

>can't remember the name of Peter fucking O'Toole
underage get out

>implying I give a fuck about actors and actresses
>putting this pretentious cucks on a pedestal

>knowledge is bad
nigger spotted

that guy is right though, the movie is forgettable, and the characters too.

Ok, but Peter O'Toole is a movie legend.

because achilles doesn't pound patroclus' tight boipucci

The real event was aryan conquerers taking it from the south though

I wish someone would make an old history universe instead of this capeshit crap

They could start from the minotaur myth and go up to the fall of western Rome. There is a lot of good shit in there. Medeival time would trigger christcucks too much if done realistically and everything post that would be rewritten by ((them)) anyways

>like a gigantic douche envisioned by some fagboys wet dream of an invincible model looking guy who cucks everyone around him
Yeah unlike Homer's description of Achilles. Fucking americans I swear.

i guess we americans have so much expendable income since we get to live rent-free yuropoor's heads

That looks like a Dune poster or some shit

Just because I said gods would have made it more interesting does not automatically equal clash of the titans retard. I did not like Clash of the Titans either.

If I were in charge I would have followed the actual story more closely, a story which has been popular for thousands of years, pleb. Brainlets like you can't even comprehend a film without using other film cliche's.

sad.

Homer did not describe a blonde model who looked like Brad Pitt faggot. It was also in this time period where every director was making Brad Pitt seem like an invincible character, such as in Snatch, Fight Club, etc. It was just getting annoying to see a fucking skinny pretty body model depicted as this epic fighter over and over again when it's just a fagboys gay dream and does not reflect reality. Brad Pitt would have his face smashed in and look like Rocky if he tried this irl. Look at Mickey Rourke for an example of a pretty boy who tried boxing for a few year.

Jason Momoa, or someone like that, would probably be a more believable Achilles. It also makes no sense to depict Achilles with all this power and have no gods. Where did he get his ridiculously god-like fighting skills? Did he pull the out of his ass? It doesn't make any sense. If there are no gods the should have been some explaination for how he obtained such amazing fighting skills. Instead, the film seems to imply that he was just "born with a talent", I can't stand films like this because they are written by man-children who don't understand how great things are achieved. Nobody is born being great at fighting, you have to earn it through years of hard work. Sure, people can be more likely to be good at something but nobody is born to fight like that where he can just walk up to another fighter and kill them instantly without much trouble. It's just unbelievable and annoying without god intervention or any alternative explanation.

The whole thing was just idiotic.

Just because I said gods would have made it more interesting does not automatically equal clash of the titans retard. I did not like Clash of the Titans either.

If I were in charge I would have followed the actual story more closely, a story which has been popular for thousands of years, pleb. Brainlets like you can't even comprehend a film without using other film cliches.

sad.

i've never seen based chad pitt cause such a case anal devastation in my entire life

Clash of the Titans is a product of a lot of Hollywood cliche action tropes. Having gods appear in a film does not lead to that.

a 10 part Odyssey tv show with Sean Bean would be pretty cool