Have you ever looked at a show's artstyle and became irrationally upset? Pissed off even?

Have you ever looked at a show's artstyle and became irrationally upset? Pissed off even?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M
youtube.com/watch?v=X57LrcA_TDs
youtube.com/watch?v=2DZCP4uF-84
youtube.com/watch?v=_W102C0uEX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That title
>That "art"
Who in the actual fuck greenlit this

A fucking leaf

Yes. This beginner-level character design and animation was green lit for two seasons, yet some pilots with actual fucking appeal never get picked up.

Eh, the artstyle itself is not that bad, I've seen worse.

The only artstyle that upsets me is the anime one desu, I avoid it like the plague.

Because the writing was top notch.

TAX EXEMPTION

So is Shakespeare, but then again I wouldn't go see Hamlet if the entire production was voiced by Adam Sandler making variations on his stupid high-pitched voice for every character, you feel me?

That Summer Camp Island thing that Cartoon Network greenlit. Looks goddamn hideous.

The only reason I remember this show is because I saw one segment on YouTube and immediately recognized Nick Cross's drawings in one of the shots.

Caution: 95% of the time the show looks like ass

This?

>tfw people don't read the book
definitely better than whatever the show was

wait are you referring to the entirety of Total Drama Island in general

No, he's talking about this.

Just watched a clip of this and now I feel... dirty.

It's like they turned a tumblr dd/lg blog into a show.

Steven Universe. I'm not judging if it's good series or not, but all the characters are repulsing to look at.

They should show this to Canadian politicians. Subsidies will be cut.

In Canada a network must air at least 50% Canadian-produced content, so generic Flash stuff like this gets churned out by the ton for networks like YTV and Cartoon Network over there.

>that third fucking book where they go back in time
>previous main characters ger eaten alive by ants
>that one guy who got fucked over time and got turned into a giant mutant liquified maggot
>main characters actually die horribly, but only survice since they changed the past
>people get horrific wounds, flesh melted off ect
The book series was fucked

You see, art styles never bother me... BUT THE TITLE AND CONCEPT FOR FUCKS SAKE, WHO THE FUCK ALLOWED THIS?! WHO'S THAT LEVEL OF FUCKING RETARDED?!

Because the show is fucking amazing to anyone who is older than 7 and actually look past the fast something does not purposely resemble animu.

This. Also the 6teen shit. Come on Canada why did you have to make the Atomic Bombs but in cartoon form. They were fucking horrible. I hate them so fucking much.

That was my fucking shit when I was in like 5th grade or so

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M
I even enjoy some different and weird art-styles but this just looks lazy.

wasn't this from a series of children's books?

It's actually based off a kids' novel.

Not excusing a poor-quality show (though I hadn't heard of it until now), but it's not just some random title/idea.

To answer OP's question... Seth MacFarlane's work does that to me, and I don't really know why. I think it's because it's so generic and samey that it just makes me frustrated that it's lasted for so long.

God, they just keep churning those out, don't they?

I remember one the main characters parents throw him out of the car in the middle of nowhere after he was being an annoying little shit on a family road trip, so then he hitches a ride from a motorcyclist

This is seriously the gayest fucking thing I've ever seen

The bigger question is how the fuck the original author went from pic related to... this.

so early 2000's it hurts.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of this instead:

What sticks out to me is it just strait up looks unprofessional. Its like the return of Problem Solverz.

>Irish animators get a tax exemption and make The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea
>Canadian animators get a tax exemption and make nothing but shitty flash shows
I hate this fucking country so much.

no, the story I am thinking of was definitely in a book.
it was from this book series.

Damn

I'm 99.9% sure the story you're thinking of was from the *book series* that show was made from.

Worst of all, this comes from Thurop Von Omaha who created the visually pleasing Flapjack.

It's unironically difficult to make good media in a country that essentially has no culture of its own.

Why is Back to Backspace so charming to me yet this makes me want to die? They are kinda similar in art style. Maybe the writing and voice acting makes BtB mean while this is just bad on both fronts.

I hate Penn Ward and what he did to art styles.

I actually loved reading these books as a kid

There was just something about them that made it better than it looked or deserved

user, I don't mean to trigger you, bu that screenshot looks a lot better than Flapjack ever did

That sounds fucking amazing and I would buy five tickets.

>mfw people actually try to tell me "we're not Americans user, we're Canadians, totally different"
Yeah, we just wear American clothes, watch American movies and tv, listen to American music, eat American food, follow American politics more closely than our own fucking politics, speak with American accents (mostly, Newfies don't count as people), etc.
Fuck, no wonder no one puts any effort in making shows when they just have to wait for America to churn something out.

America doesn't have much of a culture either, though it's obviously not quite as bad. The US mostly gets by on its enormous population (= talent pool) compared to other developed countries.

Wait this book got a show?

>le hartman face

>le nickelodeon face

Yeah, for some reason *another* Canadian company made a deal with the *same* Australian author (What's with Andy's original books). Does Australia not have its own animation industry?

How?

>America doesn't have much of a culture either

I unironically don't understand where this idea comes from.

>America doesn't have much of a culture either
And yet Over the Garden Wall, one of the most respected animated shows in a long time, is basically based around American culture and feels like an American fairytale.

How many countries have you *lived* in (i.e. tourism excluded)?

I honestly can't tell who's more at fault here, Canada or Australia?

Something about it being sometimes intentionally ugly even though the rest of the show being decently visually appealing.

Is that furry Wirt on the left?

oh hey, I've read the book series as a kid. It's alright.

That show is fantastic though.

This show is aesthetic as fuck. It's beautiful to me, but i can see why you wouldn't like it. Paper Rad and P-UNIT was my shit, though, so i can handle the initial jarring.

I love Edd, Ed, and Eddy, but I can only watch so much at a time because of the art style. Its a great show but something about the art just always rubbed me wrong

We're talking about how the show looks, not how well it's written.

I've come close.

Isn't this one known only by it?

That's now how I know it
youtube.com/watch?v=X57LrcA_TDs

I was scrolling down this thread and that floor pattern hurt my eyes like fuck dear god

Becuase it was SUPPOSED to be terrible. You just don't get it, Dad.

Yes. Many, many times
Generally anything by Klasky Csupo makes me want to vomit.

Most new cartoons also look pretty awful in general.

I feel like theyre going to whip out their shota dicks at any moment

I am extremely uncomfortable

Why don't any show descriptions mention the hedgehog's gender? This is still pretty gay either way, but damn.

This is patently false

I hated these books. I couldn't visualize how his butt just goes off on its own but he's still walking

>that title
I can't be the only one reminded of this

It's a shame because the show itself was pretty decent from what I remember, but the hideous art style and character designs prevent me from ever wanting to rewatch it. Easily the worst looking Klasky Csupo cartoon.

The hedgehog is obviously a girl. She's wearing a skirt and Mary Jane shoes.

>In Canada a network must air at least 50% Canadian-produced content
BECAUSE BOO HOO IF IT WENT ABOVE THAT THEY'D BE USAIANS OR SOMETHING

What is it about that style that makes it bad? The designs arent bad and it moves alright but something is off. Maybe its an attempt to modernize le-randum humor.

I request more Butt based media.

It's that fucking goddamn spider eyelash shit that bugs the everloving fuck out of me! Fuck!

Holy shit, this just scream shitty Canadian flash cartoon.

Why are Canadians simply not able to make good cartoons anymore

cf

go to bed Sup Forums

kek

You know if you want half decent Canadian film/animation I would highly reccomend checking out the NFB channel on youtube. Has decades worth of god tier stuff.

Was this show good?
I remember watching it a lot as a kid but always being really indifferent towards it.

The only episode I remember was the one where they kept putting marshmallows into their mouths at a party and eventually threw up on everyone.

The original interactive flash animation was fun.

I love Canada but Canadians are fucking obsessed with the US.
They're constantly talking about it and how they're totally different when most Americans really don't care all that much about them.

If you ever wanna bang a Candian chick though just tell them that you like Canada more than the US and she'll be all over your dick within seconds so that's a plus I guess.

>Does Australia not have its own animation industry?

It exists but it's basically on the same level as Canada just with lower funding.
The Shezow shit that Sup Forums loved a while ago is from Australia.

I'm not the only one that knew this was absolute shit as a kid but still watched it all the time because nothing else was on right

Boy you better not talk shit about Chuck Tingle.
He is the Kafka of our time.

>All cartoons in Australia are either
>Shitty leftovers from Canadians
>Shitty Flash shit
>Low quality crap
>Reruns from foreign countries that is mostly shitty corporate anime for kids

Fucking hell, I had to grow up with this crap while having only local Tv. But hey, at least Pokemon was good.

I got an old world European feel from it though...

youtube.com/watch?v=2DZCP4uF-84

Is that guy wearing a fucking dress?

I could call this a lot of things, but I don't think I could call it 'generic'.

I mean, the art style is, sure.

You sure about that?

youtube.com/watch?v=_W102C0uEX0

I just wanted to mention that some people are revolted by this art-style, so much so that they would never watch a single episode