Lets Build the Sony Cinematic Universe

1. We need to know what characters Sony actually has rights to. So far, its Spidey, (Marvel has creative control), and we know they want to do a Venom movie plus possibly the Black Cat/Silver Sable.
2. How would you do it? I wonder how it can be done. A separate Venom universe minus Spidey? Black cat without Spidey? Or does Spidey make 7-15 minutes cameos in Sony Universe films but doesnt play a major role in any? How can they do Spidey movies while using his rogues and supporting cast in separate universe films?

It doesnt make sense but Im all for another self-sustained, shared cinematic universe.

Final point, what other characters does Sony have in its library that could take part in a Sonyverse? Not just Spidey characters, but other franchises? Why not put them in with the Venomverse? Venom cant tie into the comics too much without Spidey.

Lets figure this shit out before I yell at my ol' lady...(shes a Marvelfag)

Other urls found in this thread:

ministryoftruth.me.uk/2015/06/25/decoding-sonys-leaked-spider-man-memo-pt-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Firestar movie

Now thats a good idea. I had forgotten about her.

Ive tried googling the answer to what characters sony can use but keep coming up empty. We know for sure they can use green/hobgoblin, doc ock, sandman, venom, and vulture and pals. But who else? How do they determine this shit?

I actually have very little confidence that Sony can pull this off. Looking at the Homecoming footage it seems they are sticking with ASMs industrial robotics armored tech style. What i would totally geek out over though is if they decided to make costumes and tech completely faithfull to comics versions. I think the Vulture in a green bodysuit, only lightly padded, would look awesome. id like to see every studio embrace comic book aesthetics instead of "realistic" sci-fi. Like, Lex Luthor in his green and purple armor for DC. That would be cool.

probably The New Warriors if they wanted, Silk, Alpha, Spider-Girl

This is embarrasing, they're trying to get a hold of whatever they can to do their own shared universe, even if it doesn't make any sense.

How could they use the NW? Did they start off in a Spidey book? I seem to recall they debuted as their own title and featured Speedball at first. Spider-Girl should be easy enough though she couldnt be Petes kid unless they do a time travel thing.

It really doesnt make sense since they are saying it is unconnected to the Spidey reboot. I dont see how it can work at all to have the marvel deal in place is movies using characters and then a separate universe. They cant each use the same characters if spidey exists in the mcu. I guess they can tweak venoms origins enough that venom forms the centerpiece of a shared, spidey-less universe of spidey characters. Instead everything will revolve around Venom?

We get paramilitary-Venom in a universe without SHIELD? It will have to be Eddie Brock that goes into space instead of J Jonah Jamesons son? Eddie becomes the super soldier in a symbiote instead of Flash? Black Cat is a sultry little minx that crushes on Venom and Sable is trying to collect a bounty on her head? How can their be a Sinister Six versus Spidey is Spidey is not part of the Sonyverse? Venom vs the Six? How can there be a sinister six if those villains are appearing in spidey movies?

Lets see, since i am mostly chatting with myself..
Our sonyverse release schedule...
Venom
Black Cat/Silver Sable
Venom 2
Firestar
Black Cat 2
Spider Girl
Silver Sable
Venom 3
Sinister Six???

ministryoftruth.me.uk/2015/06/25/decoding-sonys-leaked-spider-man-memo-pt-1/

>For the purposes of this agreement alone, Sony got the rights not only to the original version of Spider-Man, Peter Parker, but also to thirty-two alternative versions of the same character, not all of which are actually called Spider-Man. Some of those alternative characters such as Scarlet Spider, of which there are two that are officially considered to be alternative versions of Spider-Man, also have their own alternative versions that aren’t also alternative versions of Spidey.

>That’s complicated enough but then you get on to the question of which other Marvel characters are and aren’t primarily associated with Spider-Man for the purposes of assigning the rights to use those characters with Sony’s films.

>The list of characters to which Sony does have the film rights includes, for example an alternative version of Spider-Woman who is also an alternative version of Peter Parker’s girlfriend/wife, Mary Jane Watson. That character appeared in a series called Exiles in which she has a lesbian relationship with an alternative female version of the Japanese mutant superhero Sunfire who is also an alternative version of Sunfire’s cousin in the main Marvel universe, Mariko Yashida, and that character is a former fiancée of The Wolverine and the one that appeared as that character’s love interest in Fox’s 2013 film The Wolverine. Sony doesn’t have the rights to use any of those other characters because those rights are owned by Fox as part of its rights to the X-Men.

>You could also look back to the history of the first superhero comic that was ever released under the Marvel brand, The Fantastic Four. The first 100 issues of that title, spanning the period from 1961 to 1969, included significant story line appearance by a range of other Marvel characters including; Namor the Submariner, The Hulk, The Avengers, the original X-Men team (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman and Jean Grey, who went by the name “Marvel Girl” at the time), Dr Strange, Daredevil, The Inhumans, Black Panther and Adam Warlock. It was the first superhero title created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the company’s first major success in that market and the title that the company relied on in its early years as Marvel to introduce many of its other newly created characters to its growing audience.

>So without exercising a great deal of care when its packaging up its film rights for sale, a company like Marvel could easily end up giving away the rights to half it’s creations on the back of a deal for just a handful of its best-known characters.

>This, perhaps more than anything else, explains why the schedule detailing the characters and creative to which Sony has the exclusive rights runs to all of forty pages with lists of named characters, groups, supporting characters and businesses and other intellectual property. Somewhat amusingly, the latter list shows that amongst the businesses and other elements that you’d expect to go hand-in-hand with Spider-Man, such as the Daily Bugle and Oscorp, Sony also got the exclusive rights to the Animal Liberation Front (???) plus a couple of dubiously-named rock bands (Molten Man and Razor and the Shriekers), a group of Canadian Bicycle Safety Promoters called “The Right-Riders” and they also got custody of the Spider-mobile.

>That’s the position in this agreement for one of Spider-Man’s major villains, Wilson Fisk (Kingpin), who is included in Sony’s rights but only on a non-exclusive basis because rights to use that character in another Marvel franchise, Daredevil, were held at the time of this agreement by New Regency, which had a long-term distribution deal with Fox.

>The other non-exclusive character in the deal is Jessica Drew, who can be used by Sony as Spider-Woman but also by Marvel provided their version does not include any of the character’s Spider-Man related elements. The list of related characters that goes with Drew and which are also held by both Sony and Marvel on a non-exclusive basis includes SHIELD agent Jerry Hunt and her business partner and actress Lindsay McCabe plus the rights to “Drew & McCabe Investigations” so it appears that around the time these rights were original assigned, Marvel (or someone else who held those specific rights) may have had some thoughts towards either a film or TV series set during the period when Drew lost her Spider-Woman powers and was working as a private detective in California in the course of which the character might also have had some dealings with SHIELD.

>What’s clear is that under this deal only Sony had the rights to either make a Spider-Woman movie using Drew or use the character in that role in any of its other Spider-Man related films.

>So, the agreement include a very long schedule that lists all the major and minor characters, groups and other creative elements, e.g. The Daily Bugle, Oscorp, etc. to which Sony has exclusive film rights and a schedule that covers two non-exclusive characters and their related characters and creative elements.

>There’s also third schedule listing “frozen” characters, etc. which neither Sony nor Marvel can use, at least for the time-being, some of which are parodies and character mash-ups, e.g. Spider-Ham, Spider-Hulk, Spider-Thor, and there’s a general rule that any future mash-up characters that Marvel might create are also automatically frozen which uses the example of a Spider-Wolverine. The frozen list also covers characters like the Ashley Barton and Kitty Pryde versions of Spider-Girl and Spider-Boy 2099 (Mig-El Gand) where there are also significant rights issues, and a longish list of characters that were created specifically for Spider-Man and Spider-Woman animated series between the late 1960s and the early 1980s. There’s also note relating to several frozen characters and all the characters from the animated TV shows to the effect that if Marvel can ever manage to sort out the rights to those characters then they’ll add them to Sony’s exclusive package.

I wonder if the SonyCU means their sidecharacters can interact with MCU Spidey, but not other MCU characters, or if they're going full retard and having two different Spider-Men or a Spidey less Spiderverse.

But what is venom without spidy

Ive read all of that 3 times and what I get out of it is Sony doesnt really know what it owns and doesnt. If they go with a Scarlett Spider/Spider-Woman thing maybe something can be done that isnt totally confusing. But a project like this that is this complicated really needs some experts on these characters and what separates them from Spidey so they can be used on their won. I doubt sony has that kind of ability to pull it off. What a mess.

Do a Venom vs Carnage movie and introduce Toxin spin him out into movie

Have established history and do the Clone saga so you can have Scarlet Spider and Spider-Girl/Woman films

With the established history make the Sinister 6 be a hired group of lesser known or already used spidey villains like Beetle, Chameleon, Hobgoblin, Sandman, Rhino and Electro to pull off a job

Aunt May

I think they could make a Venom-centric universe if they rethink the characters basic history and traits. It would have to be subtle changes for a homage effect rather than all new mythology but unless they completely rethink these characters I dont see how it can be done without being really confusing.

NW was under the Spider-editors I think

You ever think we're reaching that point that we're sucking comics bone dry?

I wouldnt touch the clone mess. If anything Scarlett Spider would have some sort of Venom-connected super soldier origin and he wouldnt be a clone at all.

Did they say that Spider-man wouldn't have existed in this universe? They could mention Spider-man but never show him

How about this idea...Venom origin movie introduces symbiotes. Scarlett Spiders powers would be a reverse engineered, non sentient symbiote suit thingie. Your other spider characters would all stem from symbiotes or synthetic versions of symbiotes.

Trouble

Exactly, unless they are different characters they wont work.

Even if its good it wont be what fans of the character want at all

No, not at all. Now, once Extreme Cinematic Universe and Valiant Cinematic Universe get kicked off, THEN you'll be right.

I'm hype as fuck for a potential YoungB.L.O.O.D. movie desu senpai.

when will we get a Supreme adaption

>Whys venom have a big ass spider symbol on his chest
>Whys he named venom
>Why does Venom have all of spider-mans powers
And if they change those things then
>Who is this Venom in name only bullshitting up my cinema

There is zero way to tell Venoms story without Spidy that me and many other Venom fans would want to see.

Bedrock will finally get popular!

I love how Universal has Namor only
Why don't they sell him?
WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING FUCKING NAMOR?
What, are they going to make a Namor movie franchise in a couple of years? and it's going to be better than anything Marvel, Sony or Fox have ever put up, a box office hit, a success with both common audiences and the critics, and even Sup Forums and Sup Forums will love it, and then it's gonna greenlit a new era of Capekino, proving all Marvel-related movies that came before it to be merely shitty flicks

So, Venom fights Carnage, Sable/Cat fight...Mr. Negative?

>Universe with only Spidey characters
>Produced by Avi Arad

It'll crash and burn.

Namor vs the Universal Monsters

>only Spidey characters
>except no Spidey
Sony is fucking unbelievable.

Namor is partially wrapped up in the Waterworlds rights.