Watching Mulan with my girlfriend

>Watching Mulan with my girlfriend
>Never seen it before
>Song about training the men comes on
>Literally the first lines of the song:
>Let's get down to business, to defeat the huns, did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?

How the fuck did Disney get away with this shit? The implication that daughters are an inferior is utterly sexist and demeaning to women. It would never fly these days. I realise this was almost 20 years ago, but goddamn you'd think the 90s were a little better than that. What's even worse is that my girlfriend didn't even seem to care, like it was a complete non-issue. This is the society we still live in. Seriously, no wonder Disney tries to bury Mulan in history. No remakes in the pipeline. What a joke.

reminder that mulan is a gay love story and it was pretty common and aceptable for chinese people to have gay relationships back then

Good thing the Swedish translators changed it from "Bad om starka killar/ Vad är ni för sort?", which is "Asked for strong guys/ what kind are you?"

1. Bait
2. They already casted live action Mulan

sweden yes

Was it really worth the time to type this all out

THIS THREAD EVRYDAY

This is a slight improvement, but the idea that men should have to be "strong" (i.e conform to bullshit gender norms) to be considered real men is also rubbish. I really had no idea Disney was such a crock of backwards horseshit in the 90s.

SZECHUAN SAUCE MORTY *burp*
LOL

Pipe down, yeah? Women are much weaker than men and therefore are much worse at physical activities. Didn't you ever hear the expression "you throw like a girl"? This kind of comparison is common whenever you chastise someone's physical abilities or lack of endurance/resistance of pain.

I mean, I know you're baiting since you mentioned your girlfriend not caring, but still.

It was a simpler time.
t. Raimi

>Women are much weaker than men and therefore are much worse at physical activities

t. lanky twiglet

I'm shaking and crying right now after reading that. I hope my wife's son will grow up to treat women better.

Hey OP, false flagging as a soyboy makes you a soyboy

>How the fuck did Disney get away with this shit?
... by making the entire rest of the movie about him being proven wrong?

>yfw that's BD Wong's voice, AKA the shrink in Law and Order the SUV and the priest in Oz

More like >t. biology, but whatever you say.

Oh right, because it's just fine and dandy to have a bunch of sexist bullshit in your film as long as you apologise and make up for it later? Great joke. Guess who wrote the screenplay? A man. Fuck off.

You realize the chinese have despised females for millenia, right?

> The implication that daughters are an inferior is utterly sexist and demeaning to women.

Jesus christ retard. The whole point of the film is that the men were wrong and a petite woman can physically outperform a professional soldier at peak fitness, provided that she just believes in herself and tries a bit harder than she was before.

You conveniently forget that the whole point of the movie was that a girl can keep up with the guys and teach that "sexist" commander whats what.

>asked for big guys, for you

>SLUT WHORE
>haha just joking ur great even better than a man
What are you, twelve? This is awful logic.
SEE:

>>>>>

This is true, any form of media that even mentions the holocaust should be banned, doesn't matter that it's seen as a tragedy and that nazis were punished for war crimes, the fact that it even existed is anti-semitic. We must erase anti semitism from history.

did you type in the wrong address my friend?

But now it's problematic because it's wrong.

>comparing a tragic genocide which actually occurred to a children's cartoon about women with a talking dragon in it

Please, do go on. Any other unintentionally hilarious snarky comments stashed away?

Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than make shitty bait threads on this here animu board you massive faggot?
0/8 made me reply

yes

nigger nigger jiggaboo mooncricket

Your genuine response to my point is that you don't believe my point of view is genuinely held, so therefore it is wrong? Amazing. I should try using that one sometime soon.

I really hope you are just baiting m8, you always will have antagonist figures in your story if you want to get some sociological point across and those will have to win their place as an antagonist by making claims which should be debunked later, especially if you aim your movie at kids which do not have that much of an understanding for abstract concepts.
Are YOU twelve m8?

that song is implied to be a piece of politically incorrect agenda which later on in the movie is proved my Mulan to be false and distorted

How exactly is he wrong nigger?
His comparison was a hyperbole but still holds up.

Those are Chinamen. They can depict them as sexist.

>How is the comparison of erasing an actual event from history to erasing an entirely fictional cartoon narrative which never happened in the first place from history "wrong"

It's not "wrong". Wrong would imply there was some semblance of logic to begin with, but the conclusion reached was incorrect. It may as well be a collection of random letters and words with no correlation whatsoever for all the sense it makes. You're retarded if you think otherwise.

to be fair thats probably a matter of syllables and rhymes. translating a song word by word is often impossible. in the russian they dont reference daughters at all either if i remember correctly

>m8
Lol. Grow up bud.

>an entirely fictional cartoon narrative

Thats where you are wrong bitch. The point of women being assigned certain quallities by default is very real. Stop stuffing your strawmen with dogshit like "the story has dragons and shiieeet" they fall apart when someone looks wrong at them.

>alt-right self aware semi-post-ironic shitpost bait for other alt-rightists to semi-post-ironically respond to

Nuke this fucking board

You've never heard of China, have you?

They wont because they want us to suffer

>The point of women being assigned certain quallities by default is very real, therefore a movie which continues this disgusting trend is somehow fine

Really makes you think