Is Sandman good, or overrated? Should I read it?

Is Sandman good, or overrated? Should I read it?

It's good and overrated and you should read it.

Yes, you should read it. You should read all of it.

You should read it because then you can answer the first question yourself and not have to rely on the opinions of anonymous internet posters.

It's mostly overrated 90s trash for mall Goths

Maybe you should try it and decide if you wanna keep reading it.

It's an overrated comic.
It's very weird and moody, I recommend it.

First post best post.

Everything is overrated. Especially when you gotta prove you're jaded and wordly.

Sandman is good. It was worth my time to read it, and read it again.

I read all the original ones years ago, was there a new thing that came out or am I making that up?

Sandman Overture

its good
don't let the Fan Base turn you off

Is it good?

Do you always ask for opinions to decide before you read a book?

If so thats pretty sad, how much do you really think your time is worth?

My time is worth nothing, but I'd rather spend it reading something good.

I liked it, even though it does feel a bit different from the other books and I can't really explain why.

Does it not have the same atmosphere? It's the atmosphere that makes me really love sandman.

It's fantastic. Don't ask about it in manchild-capeshit central

>Universally praised series of books by an acclaimed fiction writer even outside of comics.
>"HMM I SHOULD ASK ABOUT THIS INSTEAD OF JUST CHECKING FOR MYSELF"

No seriously, do you fucking ask this about EVERY book you read?

It's beyond good. Only comic to ever give me the feels.

The art is ridiculous:

It's shit. Use your time reading something better.

It's good and you should read it. Sandman is one of my favorite comics, and for the most part it still holds up.

That being said, so many people have praised it that it's probably overrated at this point. The first 7 issues are also a bit weak. I would almost recommend skipping to issue 8, that's the point where the series really starts getting good.

Anons are being fags. It's not a small amount of reading, so I understand asking for a recommendation. It's overrated as fuck, but still a good read. Lots of literary references along with great characters and occasionally a beautifully written passage. Go for it user.

Are you a girl?
Do you enjoy romantic vampire stories?
If you answered yes to either, then read it.

It definitely has the atmosphere of the other books, but the art layout will make things feel a bit different.