Is film production a meme degree or is it worth it?

Is film production a meme degree or is it worth it?

Meme

Protip: get a business degree, then you can become a producer

Depends on where you go to school for it.

Only degree is a meme

its probably like Film Management, from conception to completion.

Don't just go for a "film" degree. I'm currently in a DFVP program (digital, film, and video production. So anything involving video production. You'll be able to work freelance, television jobs or movies if you find the right person

Protip: business degrees are for litteral cucks

As someone who has a master's in filmmaking, it's a meme. Never go to film school. Just get a job. You'll be way better off and prob find a job faster as no one wants to hire a film school grad.

Any degree is for literal cucks. At least business would look halfway good on paper.

The only degrees that matter are those in STEM. And of those STEM degrees it follows E>T>M>S.

Yeah but they're boring as fuck

Directors who didnt go to film school tend to make one good movie with the rest of their filmography full of poop.
Unless you are Tarintino

James Cameron didn't go to film school

meme degree just get an unpaid internship

Get a degree in being jewish or sucking cock real good. You'll go further.

I was kind of hoping that someone would post a thread like this. I actually had a big conversation with my mom and dad last night about wanting to drop out of university. I've been pretty miserable at uni. I'm not trying to make this a big boo hoo woe is me kinda post, but if any one has any advice or guidance its much appreciated.

To give context: I'm 19. I live with my parents. I live in the UK. I don't have a part time job. I can't drive yet. I'm doing a BA in Cinematic Arts. I'm halfway through my first year. It's meant to teach how to create narrative feature films.

I was already redpilled on how bullshit uni is. All the leftist propaganda and meme professors. I only went into uni. Because I didn't know what else to do.

I live in a small town in the countryside. There's not a whole lot in the was of job opportunities for films going on where I live. There's some things but they all require more experience.

I've made one indie short film before. It's decent and it's been doing ok for the age I'm at but it's nothing monumental. I'd rather write and make stuff independently rather than go to uni, but allof my connection are either also in uni or employed and I wouldn't be able to rely on them to help me out with making stuff.

I hoped that uni would help me make connections with people i could make stuff with. Also I wanted to learn skills and use professional equipment and build a portfolio.

In short, since I've been there none of this has happened. We've had three modules. Film Art, Coding and Editing. Film Art is a fuckign vague module where our autismo prof comes in and spouts shit about film theory and history that I already know about just from having an interest in film. They tacked on some coding from the creative technologies course because we need to be in uni so many hours. It's not relevant to filmmaking. Finally the editing module. We're taught by a skinny fat soy man who introduces us to one new function of Premiere Pro every week. We could learn more from a YouTube tutorial. I used Premiere Pro to edit my short so I already know how to use it decently well.

I guess basically my time learning how to make films at uni has been useless so far and I dont know what other path to take. I've told my parents how bad it is but they just keep pulling the old "Muh degree". I don't even think a degree is that important to be a filmmaker. They both grew up without being able to go to uni though so they really idolise the opportunity.

They said if I was to live in their house without going to uni I'd have to pay rent and that'd mean I'd need a full time job. There's really not a whole lot of opportunities.

Sorry for the long post. But just in general does anyone have any thoughts on my situation or advice for what to do?

>Grandson, just do what i did when i was your age, enter any business and go give a firm handshake to the boss, he will hire you

If I were you, I would drop out, move back home, and work as much as you can while researching potential career options...there's no point in wasting time at school if you know it won't get you anywhere

You should probably make a separate thread in

Yeah I was thinking this post might be more suited to /adv/

Only do it if you want to network and use people for your short films.

Otherwise, get a diploma in tv/film production, that way you have a piece of paper that can get you into television work if you can't find any film work in the meantime.

Why film school?

Get a bachelors in journalism with a minor in film history. Go get hired by some news site and write film reviews while seeing free shit all the time and helping people not see shit like Justice League.

arguably more useful then an acting or directing degree
you main goal would be to get on a film set and work as part of the crew. Show your worth, make connections and claw your way to the top. This takes time and hard work, but there are thousands of kids out there that went to X acting school and think theyre going to be the new bradd pitt, live in a van and get "discovered"

it's literally useless
I've had mine for 2 years and it impresses nobody

Less meme than film direction