Why does Pacific Rim 2 look so shit?

Why does Pacific Rim 2 look so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

au.ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/7-crucial-things-to-know-about-pacific-rim-uprising
youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's Pacific Rim

Because it's not a passion project like the first. Guillermo isn't making it. He understood the robots need to be slow and have weight to them. They have interesting designs, like the nuclear powerplant on legs, they weren't just shitty gundams. The fights were at night to hide the cgi and make it look better, not in broad daylight like the sequel.

>muh realism
>in a giant robot movie

Where did I say anything about realism? These movies aren't realistic. It gives you a sense of just how big and heavy they are. It just makes the fights look better.

movie for niggers (and with niggers)

China

Waaaaaa reedi waaa reaaaadi

WAR READY

WAAAAAR REEEEEADY

It's fucked. It has no imagination or passion, and the ugliest forced nigger in the business is headlining it.

Literally cast ANYONE else except BOIIII-YEGA and it'd be watchable.

Because without Del Toro's influence it's turned into a Transformers clone

Cos it has niggers.

Because Toro understood what inertia, size and suspense is

also kino use of colors and scenes

to add to this
practical effects, good costumes, and minimal use of CGI

>del toro spends hours and hours sitting with the VFX crew
>"NO, SLOWER. EET MUST FEEL HEAVY. AND THE FIGHTS LIKE GRAPPLERS."
>covers it in dramatic low lighting and rain so the worst parts aren't really noticeable
>sound design ads a near-thunderclap with every strike

>literal tv director doing Pacific Rim 2
>"Hey just shoot in in broad daylight, make it all fast."
>ends up looking worse than the fucking power rangers movie because there's no weight to anything and the glaringly-bad CG is on full display

There are some other points but those are the purely aesthetic ones

Niggers and kwt Jap girl is old and busted now. Plus Son Of Anarchy is dead.

You tell me.

a different team that is only in it for money, versus the original passionate team that mostly wanted to make a cool giant mecha flick

IGN with a brilliant satire of china pandering and Boyega ritarded:

>“Technology has jumped ahead” says on-set supervisor Dave Merritt, while showing us the more light-weight suits donned by Uprising’s pilots. “We wanted to be able to be lighter weight and more agile. I think he also wanted to add much more of the martial arts kind of feel to everything.”

>Boyega, who shares a producing credit, is particularly invested in this fluidity. The actor admits that he found the movements of the original Jaegers a little too cumbersome, and has brought fight co-ordinator Liang Yang over from Star Wars: Rogue One and The Force Awakens to bring the aforementioned “martial arts feel” to Uprising.

>“They were like, "What did you feel about the first film," and I told them straight up the stuff that I didn't like and the stuff I wanted to see more of,” says Bodega. “I wish the robots would hurry up, just hurry up.”

au.ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/7-crucial-things-to-know-about-pacific-rim-uprising

and for good measure
>DeKnight, who co-wrote the script, comes from the school of Joss Whedon (the filmmaker wrote for both Buffy and Angel), and promises the sort of nimble comedic dialogue one would expect from a graduate.

holy fuck Boyega is such a pleb

What the fuck happened? This shit better fucking flop because that looks like shit. Is the anime still happening and does it still have Del Taco?

God Boyega is a fucking nigger

Boyega probably loves all those half backed transformers flicks because it has pew pew da fast robits.
Literally has the IQ of 80

this looks like a video game

>"produce" a movie by giving some advice when asked
>proceed to completely fuck up the entire thing with two sentences

Boyega's almost impressively untalented

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
all I'm hearing is that you DON'T wanna get it on til you die. why is that?

They fucking had effective projectile weapons the whole time, and they deployed none of these as a stationary coastal defense or on a ship.

This was what ruined the whole thing for me. I would give pass to even to the sword because that fit. But the plasma cannon. Nah. Don't need Jaegers anymore, danger gone.

>brought fight co-ordinator Liang Yang over from Star Wars: Rogue One and The Force Awakens to bring the aforementioned “martial arts feel”

That's the problem right here. Pacific rim was keyframe animated, and del toro was really insistent upon that. I bet they're just using motion capture now, which is fucking retarded.

Emp shit the kaiju used during that one scene would have made them useless and notice how only Gypsy can still use it's weapons was because it was older tech while newer tech stopped. If they used the same weapons they would have adapted since they got that tards knowledge because he linked with them.

>is the anime still happening
Leave you anime faggot

There was a dropped side plot about "Kaiju Blue", basically the Kaiju's blood was massively toxic and absolutely fucked any areas that it contaminated. It was their excuse for mostly relying on punching the shit out of them instead of just chopping them up or BTFOing them. You can still see a clip of it in the opening montage, there's a news report talking about Kaiju Blue but they never expand on it in the final cut of the movie.

"Leave! You anime faggot!"

>Unimaginative
>Doesn't intelligently take advantage of lighting and color by doing almost entirely night shots like PR1 did, making everything look cheap and lame
>Movements and animations have no weight or inertia to them
>Forced little girl main character who probably got Weinstein'd
>John Boyega with a mustache

wtf a good answer? get the hell outta this board with your concise and accurate points!

>he says as he posts on a anime forum

It's the Starship Troopers of current decade

First is good rest are trash?

They also have swords that one-shot anything, but they use fists instead.

You young fags are retarded. This shit is gold for those of us old enough to remember the 80s. Sucks to be you OP.

Oh yeah, all those mech movies from the 80s that everyone remembers, like...

No del taco.
The man delivers straight mexi kino time after time.

His ideas alone propel movies above others in the genre, "puss in boots" comes to mind,
Where humpty dumpty is a da vinci type loon was his idea.
The end of humptys arc was deep, complex, "puss in boots" becomes it's very own fairy tale because of his input

I remember a plethora of japs were enamoured with Pacific Rim came out.
Probably the themes of duty, honor and sacrifice resonated with them deeply.

Del tacos day time kaiju shot already outstrips what they have shown so far.

ew what the fuck?

roflmao

People shouldn't take pride in their work. Go back to your capshit.

Maybe, but you'd think that they would have built those immediately when they found out plasma cannons will harm Kaiju so they would be old tech like Gypsy. But that learning part is true tho. But humans can improve their technology too, so it's still bit iffy.

Ok, but it wasn't in the movie, so it still ruins the movie and they should have dropped the whole plasma if they weren't bothering to explain shit.

Also, just blast the Kaiju near the rift, build a ring of plasma cannons around them and just blast them there, no contamination.

Different director
Different studio
Way less budget

Because pacific rim 1 was shit

wow.
you'd think that asians would understand the square cube law, but really it makes sense in all the shitty animes out their that completely ignore physics in their movement

>the horror channel presents: p̶a̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ a̶t̶l̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ indian rim

>I am high iq, I only watch mute films *tips fedora*

Every big movie looks like a video game, but at least Pacific Rim was fun and colorful. It was knowingly camp, instead of insisting that superheroes wearing embarrassing costumes are somehow gritty and real, while CGI punching people in blurry Playstation-O-Vision

Why though? It's not like Del Taco couldn't make a good sequel because Hellboy 2 is proof that he can improve upon an idea and make it better than the original. I'm starting to really appreciate Del Taco as a director because he actually puts in work and has consistency.

wtf I hate John Bodega now

Is that Tupac or someone ape-ing his voice? Pun very much intended.

Just shitting up threads with your square cube, suspension of disbelief is a term coined for a films refusal to conform to reality, but is none the less entertaining.

You should probably read about that and stick the square cube up your pussy hole.

Post African Gundam jpg naow.

True, it does make the movie kinda retarded by removing that plotline.

Pic related IS in the movie in the opening montage though, shows the kaiju blood spilling out into the ocean after being killed on the coast. I think in the novelization they clear it up a little more, saying they usually send Jaegers into the ocean to deal with them since there's no evidence that their blood is poisonous to fish or anything. Problem is that they still bleed a LOT so it spreads pretty fucking far.

They couldn't just build a ring of cannons around the rift, it's in the bottom of the pacific ocean, in the Challenger Deep. It's hard enough just to get down there, let alone build a ton of weapons around it.

I like Boyega. What's wrong with him besides you hate that he's black?

I love this movie so much.

He didn't want to make a sequel, so WB sold the whole thing off.

>fowr my famiry!!
the character development.. woah..

It's not an anime forum. It's like calling a japanese car an Anime Car because it comes from japan.

Oh this is going to be terrible.

He was fine In "imperial dreams"
But his offscreen persona is arrogant.
Basically called the Lord of the rings and game of thrones racist because there isn't black people in either.

When Todd MacFarlane makes spawn, he better leave this nigger out

>fowr my famiry!!
MEW was so fucking racist in Pacific Rim
And nobody talks about it

Mongolian Wall Reclamation Forum good enough for you?

Yes

>but it wasn't in the movie
quote from the first 5 minutes of the movie
>The acid factor of the Kaiju blood creates a toxic phenomenon known as Kaiju Blue

Jesus Christ

>his lips take up 1/3rd of the visor

I was skeptical when I read Del Toro wanted to use construction cranes to throw a cargo freighter through a Shanghai ghetto to avoid unnecessary CGI, but I think the final result was well worth it.

>“I wish the robots would hurry up, just hurry up.”

>pectoral, abdominal and bicep protectors
Great armor design guys, just outstanding

Popular Chinese flicks and fantasy wuxia trash are dumber than the dumbest capeshit garbage. This is the future you chose.

>older tech while newer tech stopped
It was because Gypsy Danger was nuclear. And yes the newer Jeagers weren't.

Maybe a producer owns stock in a motorsport sportswear manufacturer.

what a fucking nigger

>The actor admits that he found the movements of the original Jaegers a little too cumbersome
>“I wish the robots would hurry up, just hurry up.”

And people will claim that 'haters' only dislike this film due to 'diversity'.

Because they were big fucking robots,
What did he expect? Dragon ball z?
What a dumb fucking nigger

>And people will claim that 'haters' only dislike this film due to 'diversity'.

First one had a great amount of not in your face diversity considering it was an international effort, protags were three white guys, a black guy, a chinese girl, and whatever this guy is.

you all are a bunch of idiot for thinking general plebs cares about or even sees a problem with the CGI a movie just having CGi sells tickets

No the part that they use punching and grappling because of this, even though they have more effective weapons. This was never explained in the movie.

>blood is toxic and acidic
>he needs it all spelled out to him
no shit they'll use blunt force trauma. There's this thing called logic

I care about this movie not doing well due to shit decisions, which then results in the kaiju and mecha genres getting less movies.

NIGGERS RUIN EVERYTHING

what is this more effective weapon

He looks Finnish.

No nigger, they still have swords and plasma cannons, thus you'd use logic and think
>hey maybe they'll use those, because they have them
it's bad writing give up

I'm sorry that you can't enjoy things that are genuinely fun and good. That must suck having a life like that. I wish you luck!

Plasma and the sword

Those are used as a last resort dumbass, why do you think they dont whip them out at the start

Do you want every movie to explain every single little detail for you. They explain that using conventional weapons causes mass contamination and loss of life. Its logical to assume they'd want to avoid that, and how do you do it? by using means that dont cause bleeding

It basically looks like power rangers fighting monsters in their zords

Watch the movie, Both of those are last resort weapons, and when in use its shown to cause massive amounts of bleeding

yeah and power rangers looked like that because it was dudes in rubber suits

He is the fuckin' legend of Gin Alley.

This is all explained in the opening of the movie.
Were you eating all your special snacks at that point?
Honestly, the stupidity of some people astounds me, even when they're talking about robots punching monsters; they still don't understand it.

>Incapable of accepting central conceit of movie.
REEEEEEEEEEEEE ITS BAD BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT.

no matter how hard they try, it will never be as kino as animated series

I fucking wish.