Reminder that Lil' Romeo is a part of the DCAU

Reminder that Lil' Romeo is a part of the DCAU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SCWwi5eYGgs
youtube.com/watch?v=XrYFGwg28As
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know who that is.

I don't know who he is too and I grow up watching Static Shock.

WB constantly wants you to forget that Static is part of the DCAU in general. Lil'Romeo's biggest crime was fucking up the intro song. Also lets not forget the Hoop Squad

I didnt either, until i looked him up

And I found this

Romeo, a sitcom starring Lil Romeo in the early 2000s

And like a repressed memory hemeroging in my brain, it all started coming back to me

Fuck Static, lets talk about this

>Lil'Romeo's biggest crime was fucking up the intro song. Also lets not forget the Hoop Squad
Static Shock was at its absolute worst when it was trying to appeal to black youth.

No one gives a flying fuck about Lil Romeo anymore. God, I imagine that shit must age like shit.

Plenty of shows try to appeal to current youths. They did it before static and afterwards. It's always forced and shitty. This isn't exclusive to Static or black people.

He was mainly competing with lil bow wow.

now bow wow is a literal nobody who appears on tv weekly

how would you feel about a live action static shock series on the same level as Gotham?

>Plenty of shows try to appeal to current youths. They did it before static and afterwards. It's always forced and shitty. This isn't exclusive to Static or black people.
That's a good point. I didn't want you to take what I said the wrong way, though. I just never cared for them shoving current rappers or basketball stars in the show.

>He was mainly competing with lil bow wow.
I keep on forgetting the two were completely different people. No one gives a fuck about either one of them anymore.

Gotham isn't that good of a show. I would want a Static show on the same level of the Flash TV show.

You know whats funny? People today constantly bitch about diversity and being progressive in cartoon/comics, yet fucking Statics show did this years ago, and pretty good I might add.

Lets be honest user, Flash isnt great either. Last thing we need is Richie/Gear screaming in Virgil's ear about how to use lightning powers

Which one got butt raped by his limo driver with a broom handle, Romeo or Bow Wow?

I think people generally just kinda forget that the entire superhero genre is pretty left-leaning. The problem also is that diversity is handled differently than it used to be. I love the idea of diversity and progressiveness in cartoons myself though and while I kinda sympathize with people who are upset, I can't help but feel like a lot of those people are at least somewhat racist too. I mean, with the way people on here react whenever it's announced that a black character is replacing a white one or a white character is being portrayed by a non-white actor, people fucking lose their shit over here.

Agreed. Nowadays this shit just feels forced with shows like Static Shock it was literally just a black kid from the hood with powers dealing with hood stuff.

Hell he got his powers because of a gang war.

That was Bow Wow, he's been overcompensating from the high horse of Tyler Perry movies ever since.

Romeo is fucking around on reality TV with his dad Master P I think.

Its because people forgot you can be progressive and still be subtle about it. The moment you make it the focal point of your project is the instant it becomes shit. You think anyone gave a fuck about Static being black? No, we cared about the character itself and his struggles juggling school/metahuman gang wars. Actually come to think of it, Virgil is what Miles Morales should have been

>That intro

Truly grounds for a war crime conviction if there ever was one.

Sup Forums itself was left-leaning and fedora tier in the early years. We just don't admit it because it's not the "cool" and edgy way to be anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=SCWwi5eYGgs

>Its because people forgot you can be progressive and still be subtle about it. The moment you make it the focal point of your project is the instant it becomes shit.
I mean, I see where you're coming from, though. It seems like minority characters were created from the ground up with their own internal struggles and personalities that were a product of their environment but nowadays, minority characters are just forced into leading roles with nothing really going for them.

>Actually come to think of it, Virgil is what Miles Morales should have been
Well, Virgil was literally black Spider-Man before black Spider-Man, so...

Yeah but you actually gave a shit about Virgil

Agreed.

>Virgil was literally black Spider-Man before black Spider-Man, so...
Virgil was black Spider-Man in the sense that they were both smack talking kids both had very, very different settings and themes.
Miles is just a black Peter through and through.

>I just never cared for them shoving current rappers or basketball stars in the show.

It's not like it drew me in considerably either. That stuff always felt like it was more a benefit to the celebrity than the show. But I guess I was just so used to it by then growing up with early 90s Nickelodeon and Disney stuff.

>can't help but feel like a lot of those people are at least somewhat racist too. I mean, with the way people on here react whenever it's announced that a black character is replacing a white one or a white character is being portrayed by a non-white actor, people fucking lose their shit over here.

Those people are definitely racist. Most people don't give a shit if minority characters are introduced.

Pretty much what this user said. The main issue is now that media is acting like '-insert minority/gender/sexuality- is playing this character' keeps being hailed as some type of point to only check out a series. They don't uplift actual writing or how the product is and alot of people these days see through that bullshit which in turn is annoying them. I can understand why some white people get mad over it since you've got one side of the media saying 'ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE BAD ESPECIALLY THE MEN' and another side saying 'This one is better just because minorities or gays are in it' it must be pretty freakin aggravating.

But at the same time this diversity push is so fucking fake. Marvel has lists upon lists of minority characters they don't use or have forgotten about and all they have to do is open up a book. Don't even get started on how if you come on Marvel or DC as a black writer or artist then chances are you'll only be given black characters.

That could work, though instead of Virgil, Berlanti is producing a pilot about Jefferson.

We're getting Black Lightning.

I forgot all about that show.

Oh, I'm starting to remember to.
I think he was a rapper?

Now my brain is replaying ads for "Everybody Hates Chris" for some reason.

I remember absolutely nothing from that show except that dude in the back's hat

Man, static-shock was a pile of shit.

I'll gladly take him over a jar of piss.

I remember watching this as a teenager and judging it really harshly, but from what I can recall it was just a mediocre kidcom about a rapper.

Ebon stop posting, you broke ass nigga

Man i hope they keep him as a fully grown adult and principal of a school. It would set him so far apart from everything that's being done with DCs capes on TV nowadays where most everybody seems to be mid 30s or younger and generally irresponsible. Let's have someone with their shit together for a change, try exploring that.

>lil bow wow.

Oh Christ I just remembered this

youtube.com/watch?v=XrYFGwg28As

>Lil' Romeo is part of the DCAU
>DCAU is the canon Earth 12
>Lil' Romeo is a canon character in DC history

I kinda like the fact that Lil Romeo was a spoilt little shit for most of the episode. More celebrity guest stars need to do that.

>I love the idea of diversity and progressiveness in cartoons myself

Then you have completely shit taste, tumblr.

When what you're saying is done right, it's something you don't notice.

When it's done horribly wrong, it makes fucking retards like you go "I love how diverse and progressive this is!"

Guys, I suddenly remembered lil Romeo too.

Are we willing him back to existence? Isn't his how Wally came back?

More libertarian/anarchist but yes your right

It really is true that 00s-10s are just people having needless victim complexes and trying to find any reason to feel self important. All That was racist as fuck and I don't remember anybody saying a goddamn thing, no one says anything to this day.

Black Lightning being the principal of a school filled with teenage meta humans is actually an interesting concept.

Static shock live action netflix series when?

>Miles is just a black Peter through and through.
I wish
Then he could be as good.
Miles is such a watered down Peter.
From his undefined persona, to his relationships, to his lack of struggle because he has that Venom Shock deus ex machina.
How the hell did Bendis write such a great Peter but can't replicate that with Miles?