So now that Eddie is back in action as Venom, any hopes? Fears? Wants?

So now that Eddie is back in action as Venom, any hopes? Fears? Wants?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/65TMr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whats this now?! Wot wot?

What happened to the edgy guy

Kill Peter for being an insufferable jackass for 10 years now.

This. Did Eddie kill his bitch ass and stole the venom symbiote?

Won't know till the next issue comes out

This is a really really good look for Venom. Like freakishly good.

Old school, McFarlane Venom is the best.

Speaking of

What's this eyebrow game.

Old school Eddie has big brows

>tfw you're the only one who likes Sandoval's weeb art

I want him to go legit.

I hope Venom leaves his sorry ass

Only worthy host

McFarlane would be pissed if he saw Marvel was still using his art for covers. It reminds me how companys are taking any sketch Turner has done to put as a cover

Maybe he'll draw a chibi Spawn comic about it

>chibi spawn comic
hmmm.
yes.
yes I would read that.
also
>So now that Eddie is back in action as Venom, any hopes? Fears? Wants?
Retcon bendis.
I don't care how. do what you got to do.
just retcon the shit out of bendis.

I remember someone posting a comic he did with a Chibi Spawn killing Deadpool over having an R rated comic movie first

I literally can't find it anywhere on the internet now though

>fears

SYNERGY
Marvel/Sony is totally going to do Venom soon after Homecoming, are they?

Sony is apparently planning in it, not in collaboration with Marvel

Does Brock still know Peter is Spider-Man?

I think he always has

No, both him and the symbiote forgot after One More day.

>Fears
The newest solicit already confirmed my fears that they're erasing over a decade of character development to go back to stupid brain eating shit

VENOM 151
MIKE COSTA (w) GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
COVER BY Francisco Herrera
"THE LAND BEFORE CRIME" Starts Here!
Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last - and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man's brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!

That sounds like bullshit, and makes no sense considering what we've seen already in said comic

who cares about discount Hatred guy, I want to know what's up with Flash

We find out what happened to him in Venom #150. Then he goes back to ASM as a supporting character

>>and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!

Considering how stupid Eddie's motivation for hating Spider-Man in the first place is, that isn't hard.

>Be respected reporter investigating Sin-Eater
>A guy called Emil Gregg claims to be the Sin-Eater and you interview him
>You want to verify things first, but your bosses pressure you to publish it
>Turns out Emil was a crazy compulsive confessor that even fooled the cops, mostly because he dressed up like the Sin-Eater and tried to kill Jameson, can't really blame them
>Spider-Man catches and arrests the real Sin-Eater, who turns out to be Emil's neighbor
>Because this is a fictional universe and not the real world, Eddie Brock gets fired in disgrace
>Apparently only tabloids will hire him now, and his wife divorces him
>Eddie doesn't blame his bosses for firing him for stupid reasons
>Eddie doesn't blame Emil Gregg for giving him the bogus story in the first place
>Eddie doesn't blame Stanley Carter, the real Sin-Eater
>Eddie blames Spider-Man, the man who caught the real Sin-Eater, because according to him if he hadn't done it Stanley would have just stopped killing people and nobody would have ever discovered the truth. Because of this he thinks that Spider-Man is EVIL.

Seriously, he has one of the worst motivations for hating the hero I've ever seen

He's not a man who is mentally well

>the symbiote forgot

I just find it weird that his mental unwellness caused him to arbitrarily blame Spider-Man instead of his bosses, Emil Gregg or the real Sin-Eater. It would actually be a lot cooler if he blamed ALL of them, killing them all and leaving Spider-Man for last. But we know for a fact that he didn't since Emil Gregg was still alive in 2014.

would you have preferred the woman who had a miscarriage because Spider-Man was fighting Stilt-Man and preventing her from going to the hospital?

God that art is horrible. Genuine Todd or am I seeing things?

That is pretty stupid, but not as stupid as Eddie Brock's motivation imo.

>Spider-Man was fighting Stilt-Man
Actually, he was fighting the Living Monolith

>I originally wanted the character to be a woman. She was pregnant and about to give birth. Her husband is rushing to get to a hospital. He runs into road to flag down a cab, but the cabbie is looking up at Spider-Man who is fighting someone – I think it might even have been the Living Monolith from my graphic novel. The cabbie doesn’t see the husband and accidentally hits and kills the guy. The woman sees her husband splattered in front of her just as she goes into labor. She loses the child and her mind at the same time, and is institutionalized. Though she eventually gets her mind back, she blames Spider-Man for the death of her husband and her child. The alien costume, which has also been hurt by Peter Parker, is drawn to the woman because of her intense hatred of Spider-Man. The costume then bonds with her to try to kill Peter.

And now we get the same problem as the Eddie Brock origin. Why the fuck would she blame Spider-Man instead of the cabbie? And even if Spider-Man hadn't been there, I'm pretty sure that the cabbie would have been distracted by someone as fucking huge as the Living Monolith anyway, so why doesn't she blame the Monolith either?

>Design going back to the basics

I like that a lot.

>I think it might even have been the Living Monolith from my graphic novel
Figures.
But yeah, how the fuck did the woman notice Spider-Man while ignoring the giant mutant behemoth?

>North Tower gets punched in half
>gets rebuilt
>gets a plane thrown at it Doom cries
why didn't they rebuild it again? they did it when Juggernaut ran through causing it to collapse

Not to mention that Spider-Man wasn't the only hero fighting the Monolith in that OGN.

About bloody TIME.

>Now if they would update another favorite.

Yeah, Eddie Brock was never that smart. Pretty psychotic honestly
>Always claims to want to protect the innocent
>Gets an exclusive with someone he believes is the Sin Eater
>refuses to tell the cops who it is because of his exclusive story, thus putting more people at risk

You're full of shit Brock.

But honestly, it sucks because ever since about 2006, Eddie's been on a road away form hating Spider-Man, and even finally owned up to his mistakes the last time we saw him in Carnage

But I liked Flash. It was cool to see Marvel do something with a stereotypical former jerk jock.

>>refuses to tell the cops who it is because of his exclusive story, thus putting more people at risk
Actually, Emil was already in police custody when he published the story, it's why Eddie thought he got the right guy.

That was kind of bullshit too though, Venoms worst crime as a villain was basically bullying...I mean he killed some people but his headcount is way less than other heroes like Punisher and Wolverine, and even as a hero he killed people so somehow I find that angle kind of bs too

I understand Brock being repentant about being an asshole, but they make him seem like he was some Carnage tier douche

Still though, someone who really cared about innocent lives would've at least called the cops and been like "uh, this guy claims to be a serial killer" as soon as he was approached by him

>.I mean he killed some people but his headcount is way less than other heroes like Punisher and Wolverine
That's called damning with faint praise

It's not really bullshit. He killed multiple innocent people early on who were just doing their jobs of being guards, and killed countless criminals. Not to mention blaming Spider-Man for doing nothing other than stopping a killer.

This is him realizing that he's always been a psycho, the symbiote just made things worse.

Like pic related is from after he sold the symbiote

>It's not really bullshit. He killed multiple innocent people early on who were just doing their jobs of being guards, and killed countless criminals. Not to mention blaming Spider-Man for doing nothing other than stopping a killer.

Meh, lots of legit heroes kill countless criminals....and to be honest, I just find Eddie too lovable to buy the "he's a monster!" thing, I know that's partially bullshit on my part and probably some form of bias, but he's just a big goof even at his most "evil", I just can't see him as being a symbol of pure evil or anything no matter how hard I try

That's why I like when Eddie became Anti-Venom and finally purged all traces of the symbiote from his body, giving him a new lot in life

Haven't read anything Spiderman related since Antivenom. Is he still a suicidal born again Christian? What is his reasoning for going off his crusade he was on with Toxin to purge the world of the symbiote heresy and going back to just being a Spiderman villain?

McFarlane's shitty art.

Why does this read like Khonshu talking to Moon Knight?

archetypal situations. its Faust talking to Mephistopheles

>What is his reasoning for going off his crusade he was on with Toxin to purge the world of the symbiote heresy and going back to just being a Spiderman villain?
He had an epiphany

I never really cared for Eddie Brock. I think Tom Brevoort was absolutely right when he said:
>One of the problems with the classic Venom, love him or hate him, is that Eddie Brock, for all of the many, many pages devoted to him, was a fairly thin character. Nobody ever truly made him into an individual that you much cared about. So you were reading VENOM for Venom, not for Eddie.

The only reason people like Venom is because of his concept and he looks cool, not because of Eddie Brock.

>Nobody ever truly made him into an individual that you much cared about. So you were reading VENOM for Venom, not for Eddie.
>The only reason people like Venom is because of his concept and he looks cool, not because of Eddie Brock.

I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. I have been a huge Venom fan because I relate with Eddie Brock specifically, he's a guy who just can't catch a break in life and basically the world shits on him....his only salvation in life, passed vengeance, was an alien creature that became his partner and I found that dynamic to be really interesting, Spider-Man treated the symbiote like a nuisance and future hosts treated it like a slave or gimmicky super suit, with Brock there was a unique relationship between host and symbiote that wasn't always handled the best but was something interesting to me

If people only liked classic Venom because it looked cool, they wouldn't have a problem with any other host of prefer Eddie at all, because they all look cool, Eddie has fans for a reason that non fans just don't get

She looks pretty bloody for no visible wounds other than scratches, how did he kill her?

Really depended on who was writing him honestly.

>archetypal situations.
This.

Its framed as the symbiote talking to Eddie. But the "symbiote" is actually his conscious. Its Eddie taking a hard look at himself. The symbiote itself was bonded to Gargan at the time, who was going through his own shit.

Its actually pretty interesting to compare this scene to when Gargan first met the symbiote. Previous to joining the Thunderbolts and being fucked around with the psychics they caught, Gargan had a pretty good relationship with the symbiote (as shown in the Civil War: Choosing Sides one shot).

>Gargan had a pretty good relationship with the symbiote (as shown in the Civil War: Choosing Sides

No one draws Eddie with huge eyebrows anymore.

Never understood why the symbiote didn't just morph into clothing in this scene.

What the hell is even happening here

Its from Civil War: Choosing Sides. SHIELD is tracking down a few characters for various causes. In this segment, they're trying to contain the Venom symbiote. This is when Mac joins the Thunderbolts.

You can read the whole Gargan segment here: imgur.com/a/65TMr

Why does Gargan look like the Vulture, is it just me or does he always look different?

Well, he is supposed to be a shriveled up little fuck. He isn't anything without his Scorpion suit or the symbiote. Sondoval doesn't know this and drew him as some roided freak.

neat

Best story
2cute