Third Alien Prequel Will Have Less Alien, More Robot Says Ridley Scott

>Although 20th Century Fox‘s Alien: Covenant underperformed at the box office, director Ridley Scott insists to Entertainment Weekly that there will still be a third Alien prequel. Not only that, he says it will move away from Xenomorphs, Engineers and Deacons to focus more on the dangers of Artificial Intelligence, as represented by Michael Fassbender’s synthetic android David.

>“We are [going to make another], we are,” Scott said. “I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the alien stuff. People say, ‘You need more alien, you need more face pulling, need more chest bursting,’ so I put a lot of that in ‘Covenant’ and it fitted nicely. But I think if you go again you need to start finding another solution that’s more interesting. I think AI is becoming much more dangerous and therefore more interesting.”

What a mess of a franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRdSEkRJJc0
youtube.com/watch?v=B4Cmf4BuNgg
imdb.com/title/tt4462546/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1
youtube.com/watch?v=qgJs7uluwlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FUCK YOU RIDLEY, stop making these shitty flicks.

>*makes shitty movie*
>"see fox it was because of the alien that it sucked, now fund Prometheus Runner 3 please"
i hate ridley scott

>Third ALIEN prequel
>Alien
>Will have less Aliens

When will this crust old cunt keel over

sounds good to me desu, David's the best part of these movies so if these means we just follow him around we're in for some comfykino

I want Scott to go and stay go.

Covenant proved he has no idea what he's doing anymore

>Third Alien Prequel

>more cooky misadventures of malfunctioning psycho robot

good this is what the sequel should have been.

People forget the real badguy in alien was the AI

Someone should tell mr Ridley to disregard what "critics" and redditors who huff shitpieces say about his latest movies, i enjoyed them all.

Alien covenant wasn't perfect but i did enjoyed it.

I bet most people hating the grandpa are all RLM tards who parrot their opnions to sound smart.

can someone please put that senile old hack out of his misery.
he already fucked up 2 times now, with Prometheus and covenant.

Are all the engineers dead now, was that dump their homeworld david killed? Engineers are a cool concept and he barely fucking explored them.

Colonisation mission
Bring homos
There is no logic at all.

Good. As long as it comes within the next 4 years and Michael Fassbender reprises his role as David, I'm one happy camper.

HURRY BASED DISNEY

>Over 2000 colonists in hypersleep on board
>TWO homosexuals in the crew
>they both die

OH NO LE STRAIGHT WHITE GENOCIDE AGAIN

d'awwwww

I finally saw Covenant. Why did David spend all his years fawning over dead Shaw when Meredith was clearly the superior and hotter girl?

youtube.com/watch?v=lRdSEkRJJc0

name a more comfier scene from the Alien franchise

Dude its holywood, the kikes are forcing him to include this crap in there, you thin a 90 years old would happily add gay shit to his space monster movie? of course not, producers begged him to and he did the minimum he could.

why not make a new franchise instead of shoehorning it back into alien

ruthless corporations caring about inefficient pc shit.

yeah makes sense.

>yfw disney buy fox and do to aliens what they did to star wars.

Ridley Scott on Prometheus reception pre Covenant

>“It went straight up there, and we discovered from it that [the fans] were really frustrated. They wanted to see more of the original [monster] and I thought he was definitely cooked, with an orange in his mouth. So I thought: ‘Wow, OK, I’m wrong’… The fans, in a funny kind of way – they’re not the final word – but they are the reflection of your doubts about something, and then you realize ‘I was wrong’ or ‘I was right’. I think that’s where it comes in. I think you’re not sensible if you don’t actually take [the fans’ reaction] into account.”

This old prick is gonna be punished in the afterlife for not making a proper sequel to Prometheus. Seems like every good Alien movie has to have a bunch of worthless cash-ins following it. Instead of continuing the story, Jew producers turn on the focus groups and turn the franchise into basically capeshit. Selling the iconic character to manchildren becomes the only objective, story be damned. Jews abhor the ancient Aryan art of storytelling.

Burn Hollywood to the ground.

>8 movies
>2 good ones
>want to make another bad on on purpose

What the fuck guys? No respect man

Why won't he just fucking stop?

god bless ridley scott. just keep working my man. fuck the haters

>muh AI so dangerous meme

>Movie called alien
>Is about androids
I watched the first two, how can he be allowed to continue making movies when he is butchering this franchise?

Will we get a Captain America vs the Xenomorphs movie now?

They made more money with Prometheus than with Covenant. Voting with the wallet should be the only vote that counts. Listening to subhuman numales babbling on plebbit is like getting your political opinions from Twitter.

good

I want more

i bet ridley had him killed, so he could rape the alien franchise more

Ridley Scott's dying breath will be on a movie set because he's terrified if he stops he might end up like his brother.

>Alien: A human turns out to be an untrustworthy android.
>Aliens: A seemingly untrustworthy android turns out to be trustworthy.
>Alien 3: That trustworthy android's human likeness turns out to be untrustworthy.
>Alien Resurrection: A seemingly untrustworthy human turns out to be a trustworthy android.
>Prometheus: A seemingly untrustworthy android turns out to be seemingly trustworthy.
>Alien: Covenant: That seemingly trustworthy android turns out to be untrustworthy.
And aliums or whatever.

He should do one of those master class things and teach other ppl his ways instead

wonder if ripley has nightmares about his CPAP machine turning into an alien tongue.

No one cared to d'awww at me until I took off the mask.

Oh my fucking god this will actually happen ... jesus christ holywood needs to crash and burn.

COME ON, DISNEY. FEIGE HAS THE BIGGEST HARD-ON FOR 80s FLICKS. He talks to everyone in the chain of command. He can help save all of these franchises. Disney will fire Ridley in a sec if Feige says he should be removed. COME ON DISNEY!!!

>You're one adorable motherfucker

Tony was way more talented imo, I've always said on this board the wrong fucking Scott killed himself.

>Prometheus
>ruins all lore, the alien's origin, the space jockey, a lot of consistency errors, pulls out of his ass some creationnist bullshit to explain everything, characters are bland and stupid, they're just here to be killed in a gruesome way
>"well, my grandson didn't like it, he told me there wasn't enough aliens, so, more aliens then !"
>Covenant
>MORE ALIENS, A LOT, AND ALSO A BIG ONE, ruins the lore even more, aliens are just the creations from a bored robot, the whole life cycle and timeline of the creature doesn't make any sense anymore, even bigger consistency errors, characters are bland and stupid, they're just there to be killed in a gruesome way
>"Well, my grandson didn't like it either, but he liked the robots, so, more robots then !"

jesus christ, kill yourself like your brother Ridley

Marvel already has these, prepare for The Mouse to acquire the Alien franchise and replace totally-not-xenomorphs with actual xenomorphs. One of the most legendary horror monsters of all time will become cannon fodder against quipping superheroes.

not before Aliens vs Predator Vs Terminator gets made

No it'll be wolverine and the predators against aliens.

>GO ON BISNEY I WAN SEE ANTONYO STALK VS SPACE MONSTA THEY GO BOWBOW BOOOM EEEEEEEEEE

>SCARE SPACE MONSTA NO SCARE NO MORE DANKS TO GOOMBAWOMAN
>GET EM JUSTICE GENGIVERS

because of scott and his shit covenant movie
neill blomkamp wasn't allowed to make his Alien movie

just get cameron to come back
and get him to make a movie versie of this story line

Thank god Scott had the genius idea to let Villeneuve direct 2049

No way, fuck that degenerate retard. 100-year-old Ridley will still be better than him.

>the entire franchise revolves around xenomorphs
>wants to focus on gay robots

Why doesn't he just make a new franchise if AI stuff interests him so much?

Good. It was put into the garbage where it belonged. You're a fag btw.

>BUE EM GISNEY
>I WAN SEE HULK SMASH BUG HAHA YEEEE GOES THE CROWD
>THEN SPOODAMAN GOES " OOOH THAT GOTTA HURT " LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

kino is back on the menu. brainlets blown the fuck out

Bring Walter back.

Its good that it happened because not only we squeese a few last movies from grandpa scott, but also neil moved onto other projects that if you seen his latest movie you will like it a lot (if you aren't a total fag that is)

would have been miles better then the shit movie covenant was

David was untrustworthy as fuck.

Walter was best boy.

The Fess is the best part of those movies. Now if only this was a stand alone series about androids and not a leeching tumor on a beloved franchise...

Those people were there to do a job, reproducing wasn't a part of it, so yes, the ruthless corporation gave zero fucks about it.

At what point while making the original film did you decide that Deckard would be a Replicant?

>RS: Oh, it was always my thesis theory. It was one or two people who were relevant were... I can't remember if Hampton agreed with me or not. But I remember someone had said, “Well, isn't it corny?” I said, “Listen, I'll be the best f#@king judge of that. I'm the director, okay?” So, and that, you learn -- you know, by then I'm 44, so I'm no f#@king chicken. I'm a very experienced director from commercials and The Duellists and Alien. So, I'm able to, you know, answer that with confidence at the time, and say, “You know, back off, it's what it's gonna be.” Harrison, he was never -- I don't remember, actually. I think Harrison was going, “Uh, I don't know about that.” I said, “But you have to be, because Gaff, who leaves a trail of origami everywhere, will leave you a little piece of origami at the end of the movie to say, ‘I've been here, I left her alive, and I can't resist letting you know what's in your most private thoughts when you get drunk is a f#@king unicorn!’” Right? So, I love Beavis and Butthead, so what should follow that is “Duh.” So now it will be revealed [in the sequel], one way or the other.

Hes a senile oaf

No, walter is dead.

If you wanna see him again you gonna have to purshase a new one.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4Cmf4BuNgg

You mean they release movies that far outdo the previous shitty trilogy.

This. This is my main problem with the films. I was expecting their homeworld to be some H.R. Giger ecumenopolis nightmare, not a single city getting wiped out in an instant.

no, you fucking retard

just look at how idiotic that concept looks

Alien is an R-rated franchise, I don't think the mouse is interested.

He's alive damn you.
And he'll be back to bitchslap David.

>less Alien in a fucking Alien movie
>all this just so Ridley Scott can spy on Fassbender's pecs in the shower
I'm getting bored of this franchise, they really need to change up the formula into something actually different for the next one.

alien civil wars are pure kino

Why dont Fox realize its not the Alien but hack writers and Ridley ruining it?

if by "outdo" you mean appeal to a level of subhuman mass for extra profit while bastardizing heavily any creativity and meaning behind it just so they can shit one every year? sure...

They need to remove Ridley already. The Hell, just let the franchise go into hibernation for a while into someone with talent and a good idea comes forward.

>neill blomkamp

A sequel to Aliens? Sure why not.

imdb.com/title/tt4462546/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

>less Alien
>when Alien Covenant and Prometheus had the least Alien of any Alien movie
>somehow even less Alien will improve the series

>i am a walterfag

I'm not even saying that TFA is good movie. Just better than the triple shitfest that was Episode 1, 2 & 3.

I think that Mother had potential for a final boss type villain. She got kind of neglected after the first movie. Maybe an underground base full of androids that worhsip Mother as God and breed new kinds of alien to wipe out humanity would have been a good sequel instead of Cameron's Aliens.

David was trustworthy if you didn't fucked with him, if you can work on the same level of him or respect him for the living being he is, he won't do shit against you.

People pushed david around while acting as if they were copies of the divine, turns out human creators were as divine nor worthy of such adoration, and david saw the same on his creators too.
Kill them all david.

youtube.com/watch?v=qgJs7uluwlU

1 minus jar jar was a good movie
2 was pure shit
3 had a few good moments

Can we just bring back James Cameron already? He's the only one that can save this mess.

Fuck those movies, Ridley scott is a lazy cracker cunt who just focuses on kino and not an actual story line

>lets just genocide all these humanoid aliens so we wont have to deal with their back story

what a cunt I swear

David is the most pretentious part of these fucking films, but it makes sense that they're going to cut the bullshit and focus exclusively on him.

I'm glad they're calling these films what they are now and not pretending that they're alien films.

>1 minus jar jar was a good movie
No, it had far more problems than just jar jar. The entire prequel trilogy was a blight, so much so that even soulless copies done by the mouse are an improvement.

Aliens 3 was decent and is a masterpiece compared to AC

Agreed that 3 had some moments, but holy fuck was 1 ever bad.

I unironically wish Ridley could just make a film about synthetics and drop the alien aspect

No for real now, how fucking BETTER in every way this single piece is compared to a standard movie trailer? no ear shattering farting noises, no inception background noise, no crescendo moments leading to a fake climax where its supposed to mean "LOL DID THEY DIED? NO? YOU GOTTA SEE THE MOVIE TO FIND OUT"
I feel more hyped towards this lore piece of the movie than to that garbage pille holywood shits out in an industrial scale.

Alien is a horror series and there is literally nothing scary about Michael Fassbender playing a gay robot so fuck that.

>he says it will move away from Xenomorphs, Engineers and Deacons to focus more on the dangers of Artificial Intelligence

fuck off

I always wanted an edit of that Ecco page thanks

wuuuuut was this ever released?

Looking forward to it. Covenant was a true work of art as was Prometheus. You just have to view the movie 2+ times before you understand the depth and genius of the movie. I'm sure the third movie will be just as deep. I can't wait.

no only a brief pilot (made up of those pics) was ever made, but it never whent into production sadly. but they already had made a fuck ton of toys based on it.

>Those lips

Sweating_man.jpg

just give this shit to James Cameron, at least we can hope for another badass flick like 'Aliens' again