NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY WILL NOT BE OLD REPUBLIC

>It was revealed that the new Star Wars trilogy would revolve around “new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored,” and as a result speculation has run wild about what the project could be. Speaking with Mashable, however, Johnson shot down one of the ideas fans have run wild with: An Old Republic trilogy.

>“Oh, they love Knights of the Old Republic,” Johnson said. “I played that game when it first came out and it was like, god, I loved it. Yeah, that’s a fantastic game. And I understand it, the instinct to automatically go to something that you know and love, that you’ve already seen… To me, what’s really fun is the notion of what new stuff are we gonna see, what new stories can we tell?”
comingsoon.net/movies/news/907285-rian-johnson-says-new-star-wars-trilogy-wont-be-the-old-republic#/slide/1

So what's it going to be Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Earthlings in Starwars confirmed. Pyramids were space ships all along.

>Johnson is still in the early stages of development on the film and tells the outlet that he’s still “figuring out what it’s gonna be.”
It also seems like they greenlighted a trilogy that has no basic concept yet?

Nigger planets without whites where women rule and it's a total utopia but then the evil white men come to bomb and destroy literal paradise. BOO WHITE MEN YAY BLACK WOMEN!!!!

>It's a Star Wars movie that takes place in a galaxy farther than the far far away galaxy mainline.
>Somehow Disney will demand Rian reference Skywalkers and Solos.

his head is fucking big

>character literally says "the jedi are a myth from a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away"

>To me, what’s really fun is the notion of what new stuff are we gonna see, what new stories can we tell?
Says the guy who made pic related

>Rian: I wanna make more Star-
>*Disney immediately gives him $30 billion and greenlights 9 sequels*
>Disney: What's the idea?
>Rian: Idk, I just wanna make more Star Wars

It will be Doctor Aphra doing archeological things...Won't it?

They need to do Star Wars on present day Earth.

>ww1
>germany used tanks
>ww2
>germany used tanks
>hurr durr rehash

using the same tech less than 30 years later isn't a rehash. and in this case the tech actually improved quite a bit

So this is mostly unrelated to the thread but
>tfw I just realized that while the original AT-ATs were based off of cats, the new ones are based off of Sabertooth Tigers
Not sure why I needed him in the frame to realize this.

>episode 8 not even aired
>episode 9 will be done in two years
>already thinking about new trilogy

Let this shit die

I hope Cameron will finish his gay smurfs in space to fuck up Star Wars revenue

Featuring a black trans woman focusing on xer struggle against the white fascist cis-het normative patriarchy.

>based thing off cat
>looks like camel

say it with me
STAR
WARS
FATIGUE

Thank God

Imagine how Disney would run KOTOR 2 in the ground

bet it will have a bunch of niggers

>hurr hurr let's just reuse the same thing over and over even though it's not the same faction

Fuck you.

>He hasn't heard that Snoke is probably Disney's take on Nihilus, because they think he can work without the narrative structure for which was created

>AT-ATs attack a rebel base on a white planet with rebels in trenches and speeders fighting them off. In the second part of the trilogy no less.
Stop being disingenuous, for all the problems R1 had, people weren't bitching about AT-ATs in Scarif besides RLM. All I can say is that at least the "ski speeders" look new and aren't just repainted slightly thinner snow speeders.

it's not the same tech. it's the same tech but BIGGER and more EPIC :D.

>The Witcher so high
>Skyrim even in the list
>Ultima games so low
>FF 6 and 4 so low
>Bloodborne so low
>Pokemon so high
>Parasite Eve so low
>Chrono Cross so low
>Oblivion so low

Sup Forums is full of plebs

They must be confident in episode 8

just like tanks

this is a bad example. tanks changed loads between the world wars (especially germany's, which was literally just a box with an engine attached in ww1).

They will fire him before his trilogy gets made. This is all to boost interest in TLJ

How did I not see this, must have been just me thinking it was a gorilla.
Makes sense now, especially with the high shoulders and bulky torso

>he plays videogames
>calls other people plebs

A society of hippie lesbian aliens is brutally oppressed by an evil white male regime until one young and perky lesbian alien stands up to the regime and a cast of variously colored aliens assembles under her leadership. Screencap this because this post is an accurate prediction.

It will be another OT offshoot, Disney won't touch anything outside of the OT.

You've heard it here first.

Isnt that film called Avatar?

>"To me, it's really about the kike dick I'm getting railed by. They want to milk their new canon, and I'm just leading you on with this 'new and brave' shit."

Those digits don't lie.

Go away Lucas
[spoilers] but yes [/spoilers]

Pretty sure it's just under development, weirdo.

Thank God they will not ruin KotOR.
It's better for all of us if it forever stays legends non-canon.
I don't want Disney anywhere near it.

Chrono Trigger fucking sucked. Put SaGa 3 there and I might take that more seriously.

Saiyuki a Journey West isn't even on that list and it's legit more fun than Chrono Trigger. That list is silly. Half of the games are actually fun, while half of them are just well-known. Recommending a game because it's well known is so superficial that it's beyond casual normie faggotry.

>Chrono Trigger fucking sucked
Underage faggot detected

Fuck you, it's still the same fucking thing

>Oh, they love Knights of the Old Republic,” Johnson said. “I played that game when it first came out and it was like, god, I loved it. Yeah, that’s a fantastic game.
every. time.

oh my god, they have vaguely similar powers

that doesn't mean they're the same character. Is draining people of the Force even original to Nihilius?

Snoke seems like the lamest fucking villain in the history of Star Wars, even including the old EU. Even fucking Lumiya was more interesting than Snoke. He can't hold a candle to any of the villains from any of the KOTOR games. He doesn't have the presence or the menace.

Star Wars - Marvel crossover

Wrong Star Wars Avatar cross over.

>being so dense that you don’t understand that the First Order is literally the remnant of the Empire, this is largely comprised of salvaged tech, ships at such

>that Star Wars lore has never before explored
>one of the ideas fans have run wild with: An Old Republic trilogy.
this seems too retarded to make sense
did they word this poorly or did this really happen?

They only greenlighted the director.
If he provides a shit script he's either forced to make a new one, hire a writer or get fired.

It did but to be fair when the trilogy was announced people assumed the statement referred to what the films haven't explored, not the non canon eu.

>So what's it going to be Sup Forums?

The Star Wars version of Cowboy Bebop. Johnson has been obsessed with Cowboy Bebop for years and now Disney just gave him a corner of the Star Wars Universe to carve out his own version.

youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE

>So what's it going to be Sup Forums?
Yuuzhan Vong
*dodges tomatoes*

>it's gonna be star wars
>but it's also gonna be set somewhere new with completely new things and have nothing from the rest of SW

Why even call it star wars?

You're still going to see someone claim those things are better than the new trilogy.

something involving the Hutt

So... Disney Wars is doing everything it can to avoid locations from the prequels/OT?

Thank God. So sick of nerds whining about wanting an old republic movie. There is never going to be a Revan movie you fucking virgins.

they are just going to play madlibs with the script for Guardians of the Galaxy and throw in light sabers. Not that fucking hard, I should work for Disney.

Trek will be bought by Disney and the universe will be expanded to incorporate the two.

Screencap this.

Why do you people keep deluding yourselves into thinking EU (old or new) characters are ever going to get movies? Its never happening.

The First Order is what's left of the Empire, cut off from the legitimate Republic. Its effectively the same faction.

but they are, that's how shit the new trilogy is being shaped up to be, when you have people praising the Vongz over your trilogy you are doing something wrong

Germany didn't even use tanks to spearhead assaults though in WW1. That was the British.

It means that they are unoriginal hacks faggot and can't come up with something new or out right state
>hey we thought this thing was cool form the EU so we will implement it into the canon
Keep taking the Disney Dick up the ass

>*dodges tomatoes*
Kill yourself