So do you guys think he will do Star trek justice?

So do you guys think he will do Star trek justice?

After std and abramstrek both being essentially shit, I don't see how it can get any worse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzNnfKT6IrM
youtube.com/watch?v=ljjkO5rZNcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dear god, its true...

Fuck. No.

I honestly see how it cant get any worse than all the star drek we have been getting so far.

Ugh, can we just continue with the good property and get an Orville movie?

dead klingon storage

bear ferengi

3 foot shots per episode

alien feet

>You know why the Ferengi got all those rules?
>What?
>I asked: do you know why the Ferengi got all those rules? You know, the fucking rules they always remind everyone about; buy low this, run fast that; don't tell me you've fuckin' missed it?
>*character shrugs and there is a medium shot of him eating a space burger*
>People think the Ferengi just want to live orderly lives, do everything according to the fucking book.
>Don't they?
>Of course not, it's a fucking load of fat shit. Let me tell you what it's REALLY about: big dicks and spiritual fulfillment.
>Big di--what the fuck are you talking about, Spock?
it's gonna be great

>a movie
>writer's room
name five good movies that had more than 3 writers work on them

>So do you guys think he will do Star trek justice?

I have a feeling he will go for something much more in sync with the classic TV series than any star trek movie ever has. We'll see.

We're in the bizarro timeline confirmed

he gonna direct sw movie?

i dunno about doing it justice, but it'll definitely be better than anything else we've gotten from star trek in the XXI century

He's a fanboy, of course he will do it justice, even if it doesn't feel 100% Trek it will at least be a fun movie. It will probably have practical FX. JJ has admitted that he never liked Star Trek as a kid, that's why his movies are pseudo Star Wars pieces of shit.

That doesn't mean that all of them will write the script, you mong.

Fuck off. No one would let him direct Star Trek. (Motorcycle racing in space!^tm)

Is it for real?

>tfw the last time we got to see a Vulcan use earth swear words was The Voyage Home

Exactly.

I actually have a feeling of that too. He's pretty oldschool in a lot of ways. Abrams was that asshole kid who only ever knew of super 3d cgi and stupid lense flares.

>Ryker: Mmmm! Goddamn, Captain! This is some serious gourmet shit! Usually, me and Data would be happy with some replicator tea right, but he springs this serious GOURMET shit on us! What flavor is this?
>Pickard: Knock it off, Number 1.
>Ryker: [pause] What?
>Pickard: I don't need you to tell me how fucking good my tea is, okay? I'm the one who imports it. I know how good it is. The ship’s replicator makes SHIT. I import the gourmet expensive Earl Grey because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the Earl Grey tea in my ready room, it's the dead klingon in my shuttle bay.
>Ryker: Oh, Captain, don't even worry about that...
>Pickard: [interupting] No, No, No, No, let me ask you a question. When you came flying in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my ship that said "Dead Klingon Storage"?
>Ryker: Captain, you know I ain't seen no...
>Pickard: [cutting him off again; getting angry] Did you notice a sign out in front of my ship that said "Dead Klingon Storage"?
>Ryker: [pause] No. I didn't.
>Pickard: You know WHY you didn't see that sign?
>Ryker: Why?
>Pickard: 'Cause it ain't there, 'cause storing dead klingons ain't my fucking prime directive, that's why!

The Rape Gangs will take a central role

In that radio thing on youtube where he talks about ST he actually rates Into Darkness

>'cause storing dead klingons ain't my fucking prime directive, that's why!
HAHA OH SHIT. my fucking sides

Gee I wonder who will play the klingon...

kino is back in the menu boys

Well double asshole on you!

Are you even allowed to be in both Star Wars and Star Trek?

obviously there is at least one actor who has been in both but I'm too lazy to look them up

Actually, The Undiscovered Country
youtube.com/watch?v=ljjkO5rZNcI

This could be my new favorite movie of all time, I welcome it.

I swear 2017 is the weirdest shit ever. Nothing feels real anymore

ehhh "hell" isnt really a swear word though, but it is earth-specific so I guess

i want j j abrams to die

Did he even like Star Wars as a kid? Cause he totally butchered that

Trump caused a rift.

The writers ran out of ideas and are just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

He probably thinks he is more talented than what's his name that is doing Orville but he's not even a quarter of that. He was most like inspired by The Orville's diversity and believed he can do a much better jive talking version with some heavy royale with cheese bantz in the holo deck.

Basically everything we thought Orville would be as a trainwreck with none of the comfy and that invisible jenesequoi.

N, he's just a product of the rift created by modernity

obviously they want a trilogy. everything has to be a trilogy. or a "cinematic universe".

Pure Gold

Lots of unwarranted assumptions in your post. Who gives a fuck about The Orville anyway?

opening credits
Zooms through galaxy and finally lands on Earth.

The name's Julius Loctus Washington..and uh I'm a motherfucking starfleet captain..sure as shit ya'll I ain't playin..what they don't tell you at the academy is the hustle is real.

Is this fake news? What’s the source?

Ferrengis retconned to have a foot fetish instead of sucking earlobes.

What is a "space burger"?

What kind of alien will be murdered by the space police

I like his hairs

this is fucking crazy I wanna see it happen

Star Trek: BBC niggas in space

>Who gives a fuck about The Orville anyway?
Well right now, star trek fans do. STD isn't fucking star trek.

>it's real
Well, that's weird. But you know what? I'm on board with this. Nu-trek sucks. All Tarantino can do is fuck up something that already sucks. On the other hand he could end up doing something really cool and good.

I bet he has more respect for the old series than Abrams, so that's a good starting point. And he's not a "sci-fi guy" so he'll focus on good dialogue, something Nu-trek has been in dire need of.

I mean, yeah, it's a foregone conclusion Sam Jackson will be in this, but is that really a bad thing? He could even be the Captain of a ship and I'd be fine with that. He's suited for such a role.

tarantino has been talking about this for a long time. hes a trek geek.

Honestly, of all the directors working today who could realistically be hired to direct a Trek film, he is the best choice. He'll be able to convey the Federation vs Klingon Empire banter better than anyone else.

It won't be some R-rated profanity and gore fest. But it won't be without moments designed to shock and horrify you, like the transporter incident in TMP.

Newsflash, neither is The Orville.

Definitely more star trek than that phenomenally stupid scifi space drama schlock that's carrying the star trek name like it's proud of it.

technically simon pegg
if you count 7

whom want to see Zoe Saldanas feet?

cant wait for the scene where the klingon makes the federation captain's son suck his dick in an airlock while begging for his life

1. He hasn't made a good movie in 20 years

2. Star Trek is literally all garbage.

So no. Answer is no.

Well, you're allowed to direct both, so why not be in both?

>all these posts shitting on Tarantino

Jesus the contraianism on this board is absurd. Tarantino is honestly a pretty good director. Definitely better then the shit that is in charge of ST currently

Sounds pretty fucking good

last movie was pretty gud desu

Oh, you almost had me. Name consistently better directors. It'll be a short list. Even if he was only in the top 50 directors of all time, that still set him head and shoulders above a lot of other folks.

Orville is more trek then anything we’ve seen in over a decade

Its probably Trek 2 with more dialogue and violence. 20 minutes space scene. Eveything else is in Planet X

>jew power fantasy episodes with some proxy jew aliens
>copious racemixing
>MUH WYSUPREMACEE ULTIMATE EBIL
It'll be pretty similar to the rest of the series.

This will be the first watchable Star Trek movie, and it will be tits.

It'll be filmed entirely in 70mm but takes place in a single 20 x 20 cabin.

Anything is better than a jew directing it imo

He liked the box office returns and merch possibilities
he was a very clever ((((( kid)))))

>mfw Tarantino is gonna save Trek

What a time to be alive.

yeah but that movie is all sorts of awesome until it devolves into the juvenile bloodspray

More like ashamed of it. They are trying to reinvent the wheel, and right now it's looking more like a box. The creators are completely missing the point, but it doesn't matter because their Target audience is not trek fans, it's the newer younger edgier generation.

The Orville has come in to take up the slack. And while the show is ok, ranging to actually quite good sometimes, i can't help but feel it's only seen as a competitor because everyone is so pissed at Discovery right now. If discovery weren't a thing it would just be yet another miniscule Fox drama.

how many times is the word nigger gonna be used in the movie?

And it's a mediocre fanboy version of TNG

One of the latest star trek movies ended with the enemy being destroyed by rock and roll music played in space.

So. Yeah, I think he will do fine.

he talked about a movie version of city on the edge of forever b4 on a podcast, so thats prolly what itll be.

That was a legitimately great scene. It was played completely seriously and worked better than anything I've seen from any marvel movie as the deus ex machina to defeat the villains.
The rest of the movie was dogshit.

Yeah I mean it's okay to like garbage I guess but the entire movie was abysmal and that scene was embarassing

>i got a fucking dead space-nigger in my fucking medical bay

borg feet

The first movie is great and even if you are too much of a pleb to appreciate it's followed by Wrath of Khan, so you are simply wrong.

>that cumberbatch joke

is he, dare I say, one of us?

Neelix voiced a character in KotoR 1