This is how art dies, with thunderous applause

This is how art dies, with thunderous applause.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_art
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Surely people won't be stupid enough to care about a species literally created to move merchandise, but then again people also buy funko pop

Star Wars was never "art"

>inb4 photo of millenials with fuckton of porg merchandise and tattoos

>Surely people won't be stupid enough to care about a species literally created to move merchandise
I'm sure people aren't stupid

The sequel trilogy was literally created to move merchandise.

Star Wars was always like this. The only difference is that now its aimed at little girls instead of little boys. Move on to something else.

if the OT isn't pop art in movie form then I do not know what the hell is

Read about it.

Would Porgs do well or even be popular if it didn't have the Star Wars IP behind it?

are they even popular? it seems it's just saturation and pre hype that will lead to nowhere

furbys still exist so probably, yeah

Why are yu prequel babies pretending that ugly unnecessary comic relief animals, a flood of retarded merchandise and shekel grabbing is „oh so totally not Star Wars!!11 fuck Disneeeeee :(“
Fucking virgin manbabies

>Star Wars
>art

>muh art!
Fuck off snowflake

It was literally not, it was created because George had a specific vision for the events preceding A New Hope that could not be realized until technology got more advanced.

You’re retarded

read what you retard? What movie is more pop art than the star wars OT in your mongoloid planet?
Shall I remind you that Hollywood itself had to evolve and adapt because of it, for good or worse? Didn't the Original Trilogy challenged prevailing modernist approaches to culture as well as traditional views?

Read about Pop Art

Sure, buddy, you keep believing that if it makes you happy....

Stop using words you don’t know the meaning of

answer the question: What movie is more pop art than the star wars OT?

Just stop. You sound retarded.

Anything that was part of that movement, anything by Amodovar.

Tell Sup Forums what movie is more pop art than the original trilogy, then you can insult me until the end of the thread I don't care, but back up your fucking claim with a shred of substance nigger

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_art
Huh, doesn’t mention Star Wars anywhere....
Mysterious!

Best movie ever

see

>art
>implying it hasn't been dead for the last 100 years

All your post are pure embarrassment.
Thx.

STOP FINDING CUTE THINGS CUTE
STOP SPENDING MONEY FOR THINGS YOU LIKE
BE CYNICAL AND JOYLESS JUST LIKE ME

watch the twin suns scene in anh again user

MI WUNTZ PURG GIBE MI ET

>ewoks actively move the plot forward and are a huge part of the plot
>porgs literally made to stand in front of the camera and make funny/cute noises in response to other characters' dialogue while contributing nothing of substance

Rly activates the almonds

1) Star Wars isn’t art
2) even if it was art it wouldn’t be „Pop Art“

>Tell Sup Forums what movie is more pop art than the original trilogy, then you can insult me until the end of the thread I don't care, but back up your fucking claim with a shred of substance nigger

The difference being of course, that the porgs most likely won't try to roast the heroes alive and eat them

>>ewoks actively move the plot forward and are a huge part of the plot
They literally just throw rocks at storm troopers and talk in a retarded squeaky cutesie language dingus.
Take off the nostalgia goggles and see how retarded the ewoks are, just as retarded as the gungans and the fuking porgs.

he said the sequel trilogy not the prequel trilogy

Those were fucking awful. I hate them.

>implying SW hasn't been mech focused since at least Episode VI
It is cited as the second highest grossing media franchise for a reason.

I'm not saying Ewoks were a good thing. They put a lot more effort into actually making them fit into the universe and not feel out of place though, they were there for a reason. Gungans aren't even remotely comparable, Jar Jar was literally just what Lucas thought would sell toys but it wasn't cutesy bullshit, it was a whole other way of appealing to kids. The Porgs are focus-tested committee-approved toy designs made solely to stand in front of the camera and do XD QUIRKY facial expressions. They're like Gungans and Ewoks slammed in together, with the added stench of a marketing team behind them. Ewoks and Gungans were obviously designed to sell merch but they were never front and centre of marketing campaigns, every kid wanted Vader or Yoda or Darth Maul merch. The porgs are being rammed down our throats in this current marketing campaign in a way that ewoks and gungans never were.

Do people really think Ewoks weren't just an excuse to make toys? This isn't a new concept.

First of all: stop trying to defend ewoks and gungans. They are shit all the way. They have no deeper meaning and or role other than be there be funny/cute and appeal to kids.
Second of all: how do you know that they won’t try to do with the porgs what you described they apparently in your opinion did with the gungans and the ewoks? (I don’t see what you see, but whatever) Have you already watched the movie?

>THE MOVIE ISN'T EVEN OUT YET HOW CAN YOU KNOW

Confirmed for Disney shill

every Star Wars movie was literally created to move merchandise

confirmed for not having read my post and/or trying to shift focus of the retarded arguments he tried to make in his post.

Whos idea was this? I almost shit my pants when I saw that thing in the trailer. More horrifying than any horror movie from the past decade

I'm with this guy

>cuck and his tranny girlfriend spent hundreds of neetbucks on nu-ewok toys
No surprise there

Porgs make Ewoks look like bantha poodoo

Boys/men cant have anything now. Everything has to be for girls and if they cant take it they ll shame men until its unacceptable for them to enjoy it either

>Calling Star Wars art
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How the fuck did these species evolve into a spacefaring race is beyond me

By the next movie Disney will be breeding and selling those things, you heard it here first.

George has nothing to do with star wars now...

>anime reaction jpg
opinion immediately dismissed

Youre on an anime reaction site faggot.

First Star Wars wasn't a soulless cash grab created by committee you Cinematic illiterate

>people mock ewoks
>people mock jar jar
THIS TIME WE GOT IT!

Why are you trying to defend porgs ffs. Ewoks were shit but porgs are on another level of a creature designed to sell merchandise.

Star Wars is just a high budget b-movie,just imagine if the old flash gordon serials had 100 million budget

not "hot glue" KYS.

imagine being this autistic

Jenny doesn't count. She is either

A) a Disney shill

Or

B) trying to get hired by Disney by shilling them for free

There is literally no reason for an adult woman to go out and buy a 4 foot port plushie when she knows literally nothing about this thing except one shot from a trailer