>haircuts out of regs

>main character is in his 20s
>is a colonel
>goes on the front line and kicks doors and shit

>character needs air support
>literally says on radio "we need air support"

>joining the military

>epaulettes over the service dress collar
Do you really need a mil expert to get this right?

>private salutes sergeant
>general anywhere even close to danger
>holding rifle with trigger arm popped way out like a chicken
>still wearing dogtags even though out of basic training

>be 1960's
>making the movie waterloo
>use actual soldiers for the battle scenes
>get the uniforms right
What happened guys? Why are war films such shit now?

>reading on wikipedia about a movie I haven't seen yet
>Wikipedia says "one of the film's scariest moments was ranked on such and such list" instead of spoiling what the scary moment was

>recruits in boot camp calling the DI "drill sergeant" or privates in basic calling DS "sir"
>GO GO GO
>engagements within 10 feet of each other and en-masse rushing through a literal wall of gunfire
>guns sound like a popcorn machine and/or don't function realistically (endless mags, optics on improperly, etc)

The army has ruined my enjoyment of 99% of war movies

>war movie
>it isn't about jacking off in porta shitters
Not very realistic, lads.

>Guy buttstroking ip man has National Defense Service Medal, Multinational Forces & Observers Medal, Antarctica Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Airman's Medal?, Good Conduct Medal, AF Longevity, Navy Marksmanship, Navy Sea Service Deployment

I have the Humanitarian Service medal, and on the rare occasions that I get to wear ASU's, people wonder what the fuck it is and how I got it. Inevitably they challenge me to produce proof I am authorized to wear it.

Do they teach you about uniforms and what medals mean what when you're in boot/basic or what? I always wondered how/when you learn that info and retain it

Try knowing latin and understanding that the climactic words of the swelling choir are bullshit nonsense every time

They teach you the basics of uniforms. You learn medals on your own if you want. Everything is in the regs, and if there's one things you reference, it's rules about uniforms.

Jarhead

>>watching movie featuring the military

>joining an organization where you kill humans who did nothing to you

How fucking brainwashed do you need to be to have no moral ground because someone above you said someone else was a bad guy?

Something like 70% of the jobs in the armed forces are non-combat

>be military
>die for israel

>he thinks thats how black and white it is
top cuck

>goes from TSgt to CMSgt in 2 years
That shit's more unrealistic than alien transforming robots.

Which YouTubers are you subscribed to?

>joining an organization where you kill humans who did nothing to you
Dude, what? I fix computers. Even the people who use the computers don't kill people. I don't think I've ever even met anyone in the AF that has killed anyone.

How did you get it? Tsunami relief? Darfur?

>officer gives orders for a mission
>its a 30 second brief that he makes up on the spot
>not fucking 45 minutes of rock drills in the boiling sun rehashing basic shit that you've known for years and your LT only wants to cover because hes brand new and wants to reinvent the wheel

The O group for Lone Survivor was surprisingly accurate, especially the fact that they covered LOAC and 1st aid. Which gets covered every fucking time

>BARNES CALLE

I don't know when or where you went to basic but we called them drill sergeant.

So 70% of jobs are to help people kill others

>character is able to ascertain the exact position a mortar will strike 15 seconds before it hits
>"GET DOWN!!"
>character tackles general and saves his life
>general takes private from CO and lets character stay with him

Do people in the US really respect soldiers?
I mean in here you only become a full time soldier if you are too dumb for anything else. The only exception being pilots.

That's some "you're white which means youre guilty for slavery because some people who owned slaves were white" nu-logic right there son

Can't speak for that guy, but I saw a bunch of airmen (like E-2s and such) get it for helping out some with Katrina at Keesler AFB.

Depends if you're among Blue State people or Red State people.

You're still part of an organization whos goal is to "keep america safe" by invading and manipulating defensless countries for their resources. Maybe do some research and dont assume "they attacked us first" when in fact our country set this up from the beginning so we could invade them for their land rights

Depends on where you are but yeah most places do. Many jobs exist in the military, most of which have nothing to do with combat and require at least some skill with something and a good bit require intelligence. Also a pretty smart path when compared to college and debt and all that shit. 4 years in the military and you can get college for free essentially.

>merchant mariner
>buoyancy and specific gravity completely ignored in all movies
Battleship is the only movie I've ever walked out of, and I saw Suicide Squad in theaters

>Attach silencer to a gun
>Gun now goes plink plink plink and nobody can hear it

>he has to kill people for Israel to be able to afford a college education

No one cares cuckboy.

>join army
>fix computers and vehicles so your comrades can "defend" other nations by bombing citizens to kill a couple bad guys
>"nah bro i didnt kill anyone"

It's like being a medical officer for the nazis

overall yes. although there are many people in the military that are dumb as a rock, some of the most brilliant and hard-working people join as well.

>wanted to become a merchant marine
>someone on Sup Forums said "DUDE the SIU is literally desperate for people right now LMAO"
>have to pay $2000 tuition plus the cost of dental work and a uniform
>just to become an unlicensed apprentice
and thats when I decided enlisting in the military was a smarter choice

>it's extremely fashionable to hate soldiers
>everyone pretends like it isn't extremely fashionable to hate soldiers

Re-read my post. If you called a Drill Instructor (from marine Boot camp) "drill sergeant", they would kill you and pick their teeth with your bones. If you called a Drill Sergeant from army basic training "sir", they would murder you while autistically shrieking about how they work for a living.

Lmao you're so salty holy shit. must be from cali

apparently several people do cus of all the (You)s i've gotten :^)

Please jump off of a nearest bridge

>I mean in here you only become a full time soldier if you are too dumb for anything else.
In the US, the military is a good way to move up if your parents are middle class, but shitty with money. You can have stellar grades, but get turned down for scholarships and grants because your parents make too much money. Meanwhile, the military gives you free tuition assistance and GI Bill so that you can get the education your parents never even considered. Since you can also get skills to build your resume (nevermind that military technical training is really low end and made for tards).

Oh okay I see where you said that. In the army, at least in my experience, boot camp and basic are used interchangeably

reddit

Why?

>>character is able to ascertain the exact position a mortar will strike 15 seconds before it hits

but that parts true user. RPGs and arty scream like a mother fucker on the way in. Not sure about smaller mortar rounds tho as ive never experienced an incoming mortar round that wasn't preceded but the bases early warning system screaming its tits off so i couldnt hear it anyway

That's a very post-modern and ass-backward way of thinking, kys

I don't really support what the US does, militarily, but if I didn't join up, they'd just pay someone else to do the same thing, and there's always takers.

That may sound unethical, but I'd rather I get the money than the other guy.

I'd like to take a brief moment to thank the American soldiers who bleed and die for Israel.

>be farmer
>some of your food is bought by the government to feed people in the military
>"youre a murderer"

>he has to kill people for Israel to be able to afford a college education
You got a better idea?

Get a load of this fag

It's all about the little things in the military. Also, Marines and Army have a rivalry so it's considered an insult (mostly jokingly) if you mix up the two. If you called a marine a soldier, he'd have a minor fit, same as if you called a soldier a marine.

It's just amplified in your initial training because the whole point is for you to be stressed out

Same, but "officially" marines and navy have boot camp. Army has "basic combat training"

I didn't go to either though, I went to OSUT because I'm not a pog lol

>watching movie featuring the military
>everyone isn't extremely dumb and ugly

>character is in the military
>loves warfare and gets thrills
>gets shot up dozens of times
>he keeps coming back
>collects bugs when he's bored

People who think the world doesn't need soldiers are Fucking retarded and there is zero point in trying to argue with them about it.

>be an independant medical company
>develop quikclot for a government contract
>its used to save soldiers and civilians lives and is now slowly being used in civilian jobs
>hurr durr youre killing children

you should consider killing yourself

>Join military

Good goy.

>it ain't he starts playing

>tfw want to join the military for the experiences that nobody else gets and to serve my country
>my uncles and both grandfathers served
>I'm to intelligent and have a great career ahead that I don't want to throw away
in another life, maybe. thanks for your service guys, maybe i can help by advocating for better VA policy

>MUZLIMS AND KOMMUNISTS DESERVE MURCY

Listen if you didn't almost pass out in a porta john in 120 degree heat to the most cum encrusted Hustler you've ever seen don't reply to me

I'm not saying the world doesn't need them. I'm saying that in my country, the people who go into military service are usually the lowest of the low, with the exception of fighter pilots.

>me: "You were in the Navy, right?"
>ex-marine: "Marines."
>me: "Same diff... they fall under the Department of the Navy."

Not every job is infantry. I respect someone who's a mechanic or technician more than a liberal arts major who's 100k in debt for instance. Not for muh service, but because most McCollege degrees outside of STEM are trash.

No they aren't. You have a weird bias about it.

Do you think Rome cared about the objections of the barbarians? Either nations can play ball with the world order or they can join the dustbin of history. That simple.

>I'm to intelligent

>tfw smirking quietly at marines while traveling in my uniform and getting free drinks and the occasional bump to first class

>ex-marine

what you did there...i see it

>movie military are all late 20s/early 30s smart and talented soldiers and not 18-22 year old food court workers and high school grads

>not fighting for based Israel

Israel is based as fuck

>mercilessly kills Islamic subhumans
>protects the life of all creeds, races and religions
>keeps us safe from terrorism (mossed almost stopped 9/11)
>has never lost a single military engagement, yet alone a war
>literally the home of technology (the xbox kinect was developed by an Israeli company)
>military uses and invented the Tavor, Ar series, Desert eagle FAL, and Galil
>stopped the former nazis in Argentina from carrying out nerve gas attacks on America through the use of sleeper agents in america
>Home of the Merkava, the single greatest land vehicle ever created
>helped the unionist patriots bomb dublin
>freest democracy in the world
>allows LGBTQALMNOP people into the military ( sexy traps ;3)
>bans arabs and from owning guns
>the IDF are literally the modern Spartans in terms of bravery and skill
>F22, A10, F35, rail gun technology, fission technology, FTL technology, nuclear power, computers, rockets, submarines, robots all being developed in Israel because of the superior wit and ingenuity of the Jewish race
>constantly fighting off the hordes of evil
>best special forces in the world
>besieged 24/7 365 by the forces of evil
>the greatest directors, writers, videogame makers, producers and actors all come from Israel

INB4 edgy anti israel bigoted stormniggers from Sup Forums

>Grow up watching True Lies :)
>Join Marines sent to 3rd Marine Air wing :)
>Watch True Lies ;_;

How many times have you have a conversation with a veteran?

Surprisingly some of the smartest dudes I’ve ever known were fellow 11B’s and C’s.

Based on experience all of the dumbest people seem to flock to 31B

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

>SOLJER STOOPID IT MEAN TO KIL OTHR PEOPLES
Good luck stopping cartels and hajis from taking over if you don't have a defense framework

>FTL technology
youre being too ovbious tone it down on your next post

MP's entire job is to be intimidating, between them they have the IQ of a bag of bricks

Half the people complaining are Hajis. Too bad their fellow Muzzies in Saudi Arabia throw us billions for defense anyway.

I think most people realize they are necessary, that doesn't mean they aren't still dumb as shit

I swear all of these posters must be coming from some popular YouTuber that I've never heard of.

My favorite thing is listening to them say shit like “we’re basically infantry but with handcuffs!!”

Does that guy have the deepest backstory of any side character?

kek

Jews will unlock FTL first and there is nothing neckbeard racists from Sup Forums or angry mudslimes can do about it.

The Andromeda galaxy will literally be named New Zion.

Must.

I can only wonder what kind of shit he was doing in Antarctica.

>making up Jewish science fiction just because you hate Sup Forums

Who hurt you?

>doesnt believe USA is the protagonist of the world

How naive are you to think the US isn't capable of doing shady shit completely of its own accord? Why does it always have to be someone else coercing us into it?

Jokes on you, I'm unironically a massive Zionist and think the best future for the Middle East is the creation of Greater Israel.

Oh yeah, there's no such thing as Palestine sweetie :)

>1683
>Ottoman Empire is coming to take Vienna and conquer Europe, turning it into an Islamic shithole
>UHHH, YOU GUYS WANT TO JOIN THE MILITARY JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID THEY'RE BAD GUYS?